ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland up on Essex

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
The Indians are leading the Trojans 13-8 with a little more than a min left in half. NHS with ball!

At halftime- Northumberland 13 Essex 8.

It was 0-0 at the end of the 1st. NHS gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Just got a text saying Essex turned the ball over on downs inside Northumberlands 20.

NHS stopped Dameron just inside the 20 on a 4th down play. Essex got ball back but NHS got fumble. NHS with ball. 3rd and long.

Indians’ Keon Redmond got 16 yards for 1st. NHS went on to survive penalties and scored a TD.

Northumberland 20 Essex 8. Almost 4th.

Start of 4th- two sacks of Essex QB in a row. Indians up by 12. 3rd and long for Essex.

Indians Morris went on 24 yard run, breaking tackles another TD.

Indians are starting the party!!!!! Still got 8 min left.

Northumberland 27 Essex 8.

Reactions: trutiger16
NHS responded with an amazing 80 yard TD !!! Refs call it back on a Essex penalty. NHS coach Lewis loses it.

Refs make two horrible calls - give ball to Essex on like 3 onsides kicks.

I don’t know what the heck just happened but NHS sacked QB then got ball back on an interception.

Yes, it was a big crowd so took awhile to clear out. The final was Northumberland 27-16. Big win for NHS Coach Lewis, staff and all players. Congrats on the accomplishment!

Good luck to Essex with the rest of your season. The NND should be a fight to the end.

Enjoy it boys but not too much :)

Now that that hurdle has been overcome, I would say the next huge overall goal would be to go for the dream - the undefeated regular season at 10-0 and lock up home field Region A. For a few, that may have been the goal all along....

One game at a time.....I wonder if ole Riverheads is starting to pay attention....

Now that that hurdle has been overcome, I would say the next huge overall goal would be to go for the dream - the undefeated regular season at 10-0 and lock up home field Region A. For a few, that may have been the goal all along....

One game at a time.....I wonder if ole Riverheads is starting to pay attention....
They won't make it to Riverheads Franklin will win region A don't jump the gun we had 26 in the second quarter on Essex pump your brakes and celebrate your first big win.

Reactions: MGF
The fans always have an eye towards others in 1A to see what’s going on. Good win and certainly answered some questions others may have had about them Indians. Congrats

Reactions: uvacavs1

Nah, Riverheads is too busy hanging "half-a-hunerd" on their C2 district rivals.

Nah, Riverheads is too busy hanging "half-a-hunerd" on their C2 district rivals.

Forget about it. Essex, C. Beach, Rapp, and even Franklin...….no contest for the Red bunch. The folks out west may be right, if any team can make it close, it will be Chilhowie in the state title game. Most knew the state title game last year was the semifinals in the East. This year, that's opposite. The state title game will actually be the state title game and the closest game in the playoffs for the Redheads.

Congrats to Northumberland on the big win I guess they prove a lot of people wrong tonight. Delvin Palmer had a great game 2 int 2 TDS (one called back ) Jerquist Morris open people eyes with his running ability tonight he broke so many tackles and also ran a TD great game Indians

They won't make it to Riverheads Franklin will win region A don't jump the gun we had 26 in the second quarter on Essex pump your brakes and celebrate your first big win.

Obviously we all have our own opinions and I respect that. IF Franklin and Northumberland end up meeting in the playoffs, I think that it will be a great game.

However, as I posted before the Christchurch and Essex wins, I have seen Franklin. They are strong - but I think that NHS would have a good shot at defeating them. Maybe we will find out who gets that one right.

Forget about it. Essex, C. Beach, Rapp, and even Franklin...….no contest for the Red bunch. The folks out west may be right, if any team can make it close, it will be Chilhowie in the state title game. Most knew the state title game last year was the semifinals in the East. This year, that's opposite. The state title game will actually be the state title game and the closest game in the playoffs for the Redheads.
Anybody can be beat that's why we play the game. Out of the east Franklin will test the red team coach Parker not at Franklin anymore its a different beast. That's all I'm going to say you can sleep on them if you want.

The fans always have an eye towards others in 1A to see what’s going on. Good win and certainly answered some questions others may have had about them Indians. Congrats

Well said.

Yes, I would think that a powerhouse state team like Riverheads would notice if a potential newcomer and possible future opponent were to come on the scene.

Of course, tons of football to be played and Region A has 5 or 6 legit teams competing to play Riverheads.

I would say as of now - Riverheads would be 14 to 21 point favorites over anyone in the state right now, maybe more.

Well said.

Yes, I would think that a powerhouse state team like Riverheads would notice if a potential newcomer and possible future opponent were to come on the scene.

Of course, tons of football to be played and Region A has 5 or 6 legit teams competing to play Riverheads.

I would say as of now - Riverheads would be 14 to 21 point favorites over anyone in the state right now, maybe more.
I beg to differ majority of the teams yeah they maybe Favorites to win by that much but know one will bow down and give them anything and if they have to by chance play Franklin to get to the title game they will have a dog fight on there hands ain't nobody scared to play the red team. Anybody can be beat and to be honest anybody with good speed at WR and a halfway good Qb will give the red team trouble. There passing defense is there weakness.

I beg to differ majority of the teams yeah they maybe Favorites to win by that much but know one will bow down and give them anything and if they have to by chance play Franklin to get to the title game they will have a dog fight on there hands ain't nobody scared to play the red team. Anybody can be beat and to be honest anybody with good speed at WR and a halfway good Qb will give the red team trouble. There passing defense is there weakness.

"Anybody can be beat and to be honest anybody with good speed at WR and a halfway good Qb will give the red team trouble. There passing defense is there weakness."

I hope that you are right my man.

I'll say this, Rapp matches up with Northumberland very well skill wise but Oct 26th will be interesting

You may right in recent years but their defense this year might be the best we’ve had for awhile

Riverheads will not have the speed to stop Palmer from Nland.
Just a hunch but I have a feeling it will take more than one players speed to beat Riverheads, they're usually a well oiled machine come playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT