ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Riverheads is officially gone.....

Nov 24, 2006
The Eastern Half of Single A will look very different. With Riverheads and Central Lunenburg both headed AA out of Region B is it Buffalo Gap's to lose, will Sussex, Surry and Brunswick have a say so in this extremely weak region. Will Franklin return to past prominence? In Region A both regional finalist Essex and King and Queen Central both lost a lot. Could this be the year that Westmoreland or West Point or some other darkhorse makes noise in Region A. Will we have 4 new teams on the eastern half competing in the Regional Finals (well in Region B we know there will be because they both moved up). Who are some of your favorites in 2023 based on what everyone has coming back and breakout players?

The Eastern Half of Single A will look very different. With Riverheads and Central Lunenburg both headed AA out of Region B is it Buffalo Gap's to lose, will Sussex, Surry and Brunswick have a say so in this extremely weak region. Will Franklin return to past prominence? In Region A both regional finalist Essex and King and Queen Central both lost a lot. Could this be the year that Westmoreland or West Point or some other darkhorse makes noise in Region A. Will we have 4 new teams on the eastern half competing in the Regional Finals (well in Region B we know there will be because they both moved up). Who are some of your favorites in 2023 based on what everyone has coming back and breakout players?
Sussex should come in as the overall favorite next year, they will be loaded ! They must buy in and build chemistry starting now. Sussex should be excited. I plan to be in Salem next year with My Tigers.

Sussex impressed me more than any other team we faced this year, and if I remember correctly from seeing their roster they return everybody. Im going to miss all the banter with the region A and B guys. Guess we get to start back arguing with Gunz again next season. LOL

I've heard the same song and dance about Northumberland for the last 7 or 8 years. Lol.
I think coaching is the biggest issue with both Northumberland & W&L. Both teams have a good amount of talent but haven't been able to accomplish much. Northumberland looked good at the end of the season until the playoff loss to KQ.

1A could be wide open next season. I think Sussex is probably the favorite right now considering how young they are. Essex is losing a lot this year but will be reloading on talent with some really good younger guys moving up. It'll be interesting next season for sure. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

That KQ game was good until halftime, but they made better adjustments.
I think coaching is the biggest issue with both Northumberland & W&L. Both teams have a good amount of talent but haven't been able to accomplish much. Northumberland looked good at the end of the season until the playoff loss to KQ.

1A could be wide open next season. I think Sussex is probably the favorite right now considering how young they are. Essex is losing a lot this year but will be reloading on talent with some really good younger guys moving up. It'll be interesting next season for sure. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

The younger guys from Essex benefited a lot this year from getting a good amount of playing time during the season once the startes were pulled, usually at half.

Essex will be a force next year they do not rebuild in Tappahannock they just reload.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT