ADVERTISEMENT

Numbers‼️

Great thread. Whats it looking like out east? Know Essex will be the team to beat. K&Q? Sussex? Northumberland?

Essex returns most of the entire team and are adding some very good freshmen. They were sophomore heavy last year. Northumberland lost a lot of talent but they do have, maybe the best QB in 1a coming back.
I think king and queen is gonna take a pretty major fall back with that program unfortunately.

Altavista looks to be the favorite out of Region B.

Essex returns most of the entire team and are adding some very good freshmen. They were sophomore heavy last year. Northumberland lost a lot of talent but they do have, maybe the best QB in 1a coming back.
I think king and queen is gonna take a pretty major fall back with that program unfortunately.

Altavista looks to be the favorite out of Region B.
Yeah K&Q took a major fallback last season and it'll only be worse, now that Dylan Dehart stepped down as head coach. They had a great 4 year run with a very talented class of athletes lead by current VMI player, Malik Holmes, but in a school of just 160 students, it's just hard to maintain the level of success that much bigger schools have.

Yeah K&Q took a major fallback last season and it'll only be worse, now that Dylan Dehart stepped down as head coach. They had a great 4 year run with a very talented class of athletes lead by current VMI player, Malik Holmes, but in a school of just 160 students, it's just hard to maintain the level of success that much bigger schools have.
K&Q should be okay.. They were young last year in some spots. May not be a state contender but should be competitive. Essex will be loaded. K&Q gets Sussex and Essex. The Nelson kid at K&Q can go.

Reactions: WP02alum
K&Q should be okay.. They were young last year in some spots. May not be a state contender but should be competitive. Essex will be loaded. K&Q gets Sussex and Essex. The Nelson kid at K&Q can go.
I like the optimism but I don’t think KQ will come within 40 points against Essex this year

Reactions: obguthr
Does K&Q even have a new coach yet?

Oh okay. Good hire. He's a good guy. He was on staff at King William, before he came to K&Q when Coach Dehart did.
Yeah, he’s going to have them ready. I don’t know if there’s any team to complete with Essex in that region, but I’d say that Northumberland will be the team that does it.

Yeah, he’s going to have them ready. I don’t know if there’s any team to complete with Essex in that region, but I’d say that Northumberland will be the team that does it.
Northumberland has a good QB, but they get hyped up every year, but even when they had Cameron Seldon, they couldn't get over the hump. They need to beef up their non district schedule to actually prepare them for the tough competition. Winning their first 5 or 6 games against cupcakes does them no good

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I think Essex goes through Region A with no problems and faces altavista again in the semis. I don’t see Sussex improving from last year

Bland is going to be fine this year. I am expecting a much improved season this year. We will beat the absolute brakes off of Craig week 1, and I anticipate we will also beat Mount View, Phelps, Twin Valley, and Jenkins. Should be a great year for the return of the Bear!
I always pull for Bland. Arguably, the most beautiful county in all of Virginia and the name is a misnomer. Good luck to the Bears this year.

Bland is going to be fine this year. I am expecting a much improved season this year. We will beat the absolute brakes off of Craig week 1, and I anticipate we will also beat Mount View, Phelps, Twin Valley, and Jenkins. Should be a great year for the return of the Bear!
It’s like the battle of two really awful teams. It appears your from bland and I get it. But you can’t talk like that yet. You all have never been good. Craig waxed you last year and return the Calfee kid who’s a junior I think. Saw him in track- stud. Bland had all them basketball kids that are afraid of football. There’s no coaches there. Craig isn’t good but they in better shape than bland.

Craig- 24
Bland-6

Reactions: pizzzzza
Not sure you can say "There's no coaches there" (at Bland). Coach Hart is back, he always puts a well organized team on the field; I didn't say most skilled but well organized and play hard. While Hart was gone Bland football was a dumpster fire or didn't exist at all. I agree the Calfee kid at Craig is a good ball player but not sure he wins games by himself. I also, agree Craig might be in a better place this season, but small schools always go through cycles.

Hello. Just checking in to see if y’all beat the brakes off of Craig? I seen somewhere that the score was 53-0 in the Rockets favor. Could it have been a typo? Did my eyes deceive me? Do you know football?

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT