ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Smith at Kings Fork, who you taking?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
My gut tells me that this is not your typical world beating OS team. Solid and capable, yes, but not leaps and bounds better than all comers like they usually are.

From what little I’ve seen about KF, this is their best team ever.

I like KF by 10. I think home field advantage will help, but I just think they are the better team.

What are your thoughts?

My gut tells me that this is not your typical world beating OS team. Solid and capable, yes, but not leaps and bounds better than all comers like they usually are.

I like KF by 10. I think home field advantage will help, but I just think they are the better team.

What are your thoughts?
Interesting! This might be the year TD gets past OS in the Region.

What are your thoughts?

Haven't seen any of Smith, just scores and you can't take to much away from that, but they're not rolling through everybody as they usually do.

King's Fork wants this game more. I guarantee that.

We scrimmaged Smith. I honestly expected them to nearly embarrass us. That was not the case at all. If anything, we were much better overall at that early point of the season.

In retrospect, it was a combination of them being young and a little less dominating than usual, and Dinwiddie is about as good as they have ever been. I won’t dismiss Smith outright in this game, but, as I said earlier, my gut says KF. LOL, I’m sure the Smith fans are hoping my gut is aching by 10:00pm Friday!

On the surface and due to history (1-16 all-time vs OS), a KF win would appear to be an upset but KF is likely the favorite this go-around.

props to Kings Fork.. they were up 21-17 but didn't score again. I still don't know what to think of this Tigers team, except they're a really young team & they're maturing as the season rolls along!

We scrimmaged Smith. I honestly expected them to nearly embarrass us. That was not the case at all. If anything, we were much better overall at that early point of the season.

In retrospect, it was a combination of them being young and a little less dominating than usual, and Dinwiddie is about as good as they have ever been. I won’t dismiss Smith outright in this game, but, as I said earlier, my gut says KF. LOL, I’m sure the Smith fans are hoping my gut is aching by 10:00pm Friday!
I sure missed this one. Wow.

Special teams and turnovers!!

Gotta play a complete game of football to beat the best!

Disappointed this group of seniors couldn't get that second W vs Smith. Competing annually with Smith means you are Competing with one of Virginia's best programs. Certainly the king of the 757 hill. King's Fork is on the way!!

First home loss in 3 years. 5th loss overall. This will humble them boys!!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
And to fight back from a 14-0 hole, Smith return the opening kick and the punt! KF took the lead 21-17 at one point. This is a good football team and resilient. 14-0 on the first two special teams plays!! That's generally when Smith feasts because of their reputation, especially in local games!

Gotta play a complete game.

You are correct about a complete game. Along with mistakes, a weakness anywhere will become glaringly obvious to top level opponents, such as what you can expect to face in the playoffs. “Top team“ usually means top coaching. And a good coaching staff dissects their opponent ahead of time and builds a part of their game plan on their opponents weaknesses. And then they exploit that weakness.

Having said all of that, sometimes simple bad luck seals your fate, and sometimes you just flat out get your ass beat by a better team.

It sounds like a little of each of these factors came into play last night for KF.

I get their were special teams plays in first half for smith but what happened with fork that they had 270 yds to 50 in first half. Turnovers?

turn overs...KF came back & were moving the ball at will vs Smith. We're not used to seeing that. But with fewer players having to go both ways, Smith were successfully disrupting KF passing attack. I think KF should have stayed conservative in they're play calls! Smith really never stopped that part of their offense!

The Tigers DL is not as big as last year & KF was able to do what they wanted most of the night. However, I have a feeling coach Scott has been holding back some. As the game was wrapping up, KF had a 1st & goal in the 3 yd line. He put some of the beef from the OL & it transformed the whole defense ! They crushed Kings Fork in a way we got used to seeing the last 2 years!

Kings Fork will do very well the rest of the year & I'll be rooting for them.

turn overs...KF came back & were moving the ball at will vs Smith. We're not used to seeing that. But with fewer players having to go both ways, Smith were successfully disrupting KF passing attack. I think KF should have stayed conservative in they're play calls! Smith really never stopped that part of their offense!

The Tigers DL is not as big as last year & KF was able to do what they wanted most of the night. However, I have a feeling coach Scott has been holding back some. As the game was wrapping up, KF had a 1st & goal in the 3 yd line. He put some of the beef from the OL & it transformed the whole defense ! They crushed Kings Fork in a way we got used to seeing the last 2 years!

Kings Fork will do very well the rest of the year & I'll be rooting for them.
Completely agree. Both teams will be tough outs in the playoffs. Haven't seen Smith look this young since Coach Scott's first year in 2019 when he started Vasko as a sophomore. Smith has a ton of young talent and will be scary over the next couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT