ADVERTISEMENT

News Oscar Smith Hires Bill Dee

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
Oscar Smith (Chesapeake, VA) has hired Bill Dee as its new Head Football Coach, replacing Rich Morgan, who left to become the Head Football Coach at Marietta HS in Georgia.

Dee led Phoebus to four state titles and was most recently an assistant at Old Dominion University.

More - including comments from Dee - in this in-depth story below.

More on Bill Dee to Oscar Smith Here

Last year's Smith Tigers showed they had a lot of unknown players prove themselves in a BiG way. Nearly all of them are returning for 2016.

BUT who are the up and coming underclassman studs that are capable of standing out next fall?

Who is expected to back up Shon Mitchell and be ready for 2017?

Who will set tone in the trenches given the graduating leadership that leaves this summer?

Last year's Smith Tigers showed they had a lot of unknown players prove themselves in a BiG way. Nearly all of them are returning for 2016.

BUT who are the up and coming underclassman studs that are capable of standing out next fall?

Who is expected to back up Shon Mitchell and be ready for 2017?

Who will set tone in the trenches given the graduating leadership that leaves this summer?
All good questions. We'll have Coach Dee in studio from 10 to 11 AM on Saturday morning on ESPN Radio 94.1 show. Feel free to call in any Oscar Smith fans - or fans of HS Football in general - with your questions and/or comments at 757-687-9494.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
I will be trying to listen tomorrow. Thanks.

With such little time with this team, Coach Dee likely won't know all those things yet. I was hoping that someone that knows the kids coming up from the JV team, middle school teams & club teams like the Colts, etc would know who to look for?

Cam'ron Kelly will take over at QB after this year, he's a 6'1 185 pound Soohomore this year coming up..

Shy'keem Hussey 6'0 175 will be a Junior this year and Deangelo White 6'0 180 is also only a junior this year.. Both saw significant time as sophomores and can stretch the field.

Thanks. The clips are a Godsend. 10:00 on Sat. mornings is a tough time for me stop and listen to a radio broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT