ADVERTISEMENT

Our story….

Apr 12, 2002
I want to take the time to write about these young men that I have had the privilege to coach this season. I have been the HC at WnL since 2009 and have been blessed to have coached some of the most amazing young men Westmoreland county has to offer! This season coming out of all this Covid madness and starting the season with all the restrictions still in place these young men found themselves going from a team of 19 to to 17 hours before the kickoff of seasons first game vs Rapp. They didn’t complain they sucked it up and played them to a 3-3 draw. Less than 24hrs before our second game of the season the team was hit with a further loss of five players due to being ineligible. No complaints they stepped up next night and got a 4-0 win vs Northumberland. During that game one of our players suffered a severe concussion putting him out for the next 3 weeks. So with one days rest we played Lancaster with 11 in the first half a player of ours received a red card we played the rest of the game with 10 players and won in OT. The next week we took on West Point played the entire game with 10 guys and ended up winning in OT. The season continued and the fellas kept finding ways to win we finished the regular season 5-1-1 loss coming from having to forfeit the Rapp game for using an ineligible player. These young made a hell of a run in the playoffs winning against Northumberland 2-0 and Middlesex 2-1 before falling to Rapp tonight 2-0 with no subs and 11 guys playing for each other! I am so very proud how they never let anything get them down and how each and every time a challenge came at them they embraced it and fought on. Blessed to have been apart of this team Love them all!

Reactions: uvacavs1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT