ADVERTISEMENT

Park View Cancels Season

This is potentially a huge problem for a very good Central-Woodstock team because after their second game of the season on August 31st against Stonewall Jackson of Quicksburg, the Falcons are scheduled to play at home against Manassas Park on September 7th. As the article states, Manassas Park may be cancelling its season. Then for Central is the game with Park View - which has cancelled its season. Then they have their scheduled bye week.

Hopefully they're able to fill the game - or two games should it come to that (let's hope not). Hate to see a team play 8 or 9 games with everyone else at 10, and then it have a negative effect on them + the playoff picture.

I saw some picture on twitter with about 19 Manassas Park football players in the picture. I don't know if that was the whole team, whether anybody was injured, or even if all the players in the picture were grades 9-12. I hope MP holds it together.

Twitter says that James Wood will play at Justice (formerly Stuart) on Thursday 8/30. Both teams had Park View on their schedule.

Amazing!!! I lived in Sterling from 1986-1992 and they were a powerhouse team with a lot of players. But new upscale developments opening up in eastern Loudoun Co as I was leaving with a number of new HS drawing off these students and leaving PV with a smaller base that was more heavy on soccer oriented and immigrant in nature that was not into football.

Allen Pinkett was the man.

Demographics play a big part in it. A colleague of mine went to high school there, said 75% of the school plays Futbol instead of football.

Yeah, they are basically the weakest team in the area in every sport except boys soccer now.

I don't know if it's affected Park View at all, but Loudoun County has had school choice in effect since 2013, so it probably makes it harder for the weaker programs to build up when kids have the option of attending a school with a stronger program.

Reactions: Pioneer101
Allen Pinkett was the man.

Demographics play a big part in it. A colleague of mine went to high school there, said 75% of the school plays Futbol instead of football.
Park View is 57% Hispanic, 20% White, 13% Asian, 6% Black, 3% 2 or more races. Briar Woods, on the other hand, is 61% White and 8% Hispanic.

Reactions: Pioneer101
Interested to hear if those kids who want to play football at Dominion have to transfer or if they will get a waiver since it is within the same school district. Good move to give kids the opportunity to play at another school. Gets way more complex if they have to attend that new school full-time.

Interested to hear if those kids who want to play football at Dominion have to transfer or if they will get a waiver since it is within the same school district. Good move to give kids the opportunity to play at another school. Gets way more complex if they have to attend that new school full-time.
One of the stories or tweets I read says they will have to transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT