ADVERTISEMENT

Parking at William and Mary

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
I'm looking for some info from those that have been there. I've read on here and have been told by others that parking is a bear there. Looking at google maps there is the very small parking lot in front of the stadium, a small one by Kaplan Arena off Compton and a fairly large one across Compton from the small one. But I don't see anything else for a long way. Am I missing something? Is this why they moved the KO time to 5:30? and most importantly, any recommendations on finding your way to a parking spot so you can be in the stands before KO?

I'm looking for some info from those that have been there. I've read on here and have been told by others that parking is a bear there. Looking at google maps there is the very small parking lot in front of the stadium, a small one by Kaplan Arena off Compton and a fairly large one across Compton from the small one. But I don't see anything else for a long way. Am I missing something? Is this why they moved the KO time to 5:30? and most importantly, any recommendations on finding your way to a parking spot so you can be in the stands before KO?

And I apologize. I see this issue is being discussed on another thread . I will say this. The parking issue will probably keep me in Fredericksburg.

Go to Google Maps and see exactly what it looks like. It doesn't look like theirs much of any parking near the stadium.

Went to the JMU/WM game back in October. You’ll have better luck finding deep sea diving in Giles County than finding a parking spot that isn’t restricted at WM.
There is a large lot at W&M Hall where basketball games are held. This should be open and about 10 minute walk from stadium.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
There is a large lot at W&M Hall where basketball games are held. This should be open and about 10 minute walk from stadium.
We have several people that have disabilities not severe enough to require a handicap sticker, but a 10 minute walk is out of the question. Even letting them out at the gate would require someone (female) to make that walk alone to get the car after the game. Since open carry is probably not allowed on campus, not an ideal situation. Just my two cents. Really bad venue!

The W&M campus is very safe as is all of Williamsburg. Rarely hear of any issues and I have been here 20 years. The W&M police are very active on top of it. If the game was earlier in the day I would have gone and been dropped at the gate. Up the road- Richmond road are some parking lots for the Food Lion S.C. and next to it another small SC that rarely has their many spaces used. A lot of people for the college games use these along with the pay parking garage (3 tier) at Merchants Square. Both are about a 15 minute walk. Just a thought and some info.

I guess it’s safe to say the games won’t be returning to William and Mary

Better to park in Fredericksburg and walk over. Horrible venue for title games!!!!!

I believe my answer is to stay parked in Fredericksburg and keep an eye on my phone. I hate that since I really want to see this game. My initial thought was to go down and watch the Class 3 game, go get an early supper, and watch the Class 4 game. So, I'd be one that would soak up a parking spot for all day. It is what it is. Louisa travels well and they are one of the most football proud communities I've seen in Virginia. I can't help but believe Salem is and will do the same. I am not surprised in the least that the record attendance for a playoff game in Virginia included Louisa. (Someone stated that on one of these posts) All of that to say I would not be surprised if the stadium is at capacity even with the weather conditions. Add to that a parking nightmare and well, maybe reading about the game has equal value.

Reactions: SpartanForce
The W&M campus is very safe as is all of Williamsburg. Rarely hear of any issues and I have been here 20 years. The W&M police are very active on top of it. If the game was earlier in the day I would have gone and been dropped at the gate. Up the road- Richmond road are some parking lots for the Food Lion S.C. and next to it another small SC that rarely has their many spaces used. A lot of people for the college games use these along with the pay parking garage (3 tier) at Merchants Square. Both are about a 15 minute walk. Just a thought and some info.
Thanks for the info. But as stated before, a 10 or 15 minute walk alone at 8:30 or 9 at night in unfamiliar territory is not doable. It might be a "safe" area, but a senior female walking alone at night is out of the comfort zone. It is what it is and since I have a dog in the hunt I will have to take my chances. Hopefully this will be a great event and offset the non existent parking, late kickoff time and frigid weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT