ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus 104 Jamestown 0 FINAL

As I said before they should balance out the regions so that each region has close to the same amount of teams yeah some teams may have to travel but the blowouts will be less.

Phoebus did what Phoebus should have done!! They put in the back ups of the back ups, the ones who stand on the sideline all year, this was their moment, they get a chance to play, to hell with asking those 3rd string guys to lay down!! You want change, go to a 6 team region play off and 1 and 2 get a bye!! Back in the day, you had to be above average to make it to the playoffs. I said this in another thread and was responded to that #1-2 getting bye’s cheapens the playoffs!! Can some one explain how that it is?? When allowing a 1-9 team in doesn’t?? Cause I just don’t see it!!

On one hand, no team should receive a bye at any level of football. On the other, it might cost you your holder's spinal cord. We have a lot going on here.

• Love
Reactions: MaroonDude
I think it all varies by region. If there are only 9 teams in the region, letting 8 teams in seems crazy(I have actually been team 8 and team 9 in that situation in a different sport, and sometimes it is better to be team 9) Now in the regions with 13 or 14 teams, it is not as bad to let 8 in.

Reactions: SFUWO and gwb16
Too many teams make the playoffs now. Look around the state at these scores. Go to 6 with some byes or go down to 4 and get the true best. This is silly
48 games were won by 21+ points. I'm all for downsizing. Go to 4 Classes. That would give you 78 schools per class

48 games were won by 21+ points. I'm all for downsizing. Go to 4 Classes. That would give you 78 schools per class
You could have eight teams per region make the playoffs for a 32 team tournament.

Balance the regions as follows: 19 teams in two regions. 20 teams in two regions.

Hard to find room at the Inn for a 1-9 team no matter how you shake it.

VHSL makes up revenues by playing two games Friday and two games Saturday at the same site (12:00PM and 4:00PM) (work out a rent deal with the host location). All you can eat football for $20 a ticket per day. Come and go as you please. It's that simple but we're talking about the VHSL here. Nothing is simple with them.

Reactions: SFUWO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT