ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus 56 Oscar Smith 0 FINAL

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
You’ve been warned 3A. Jordan Bass was a man amongst boys with 5 TDs.

Last edited:
Phoebus looked great against OS, but OS is a really bad team. They couldn’t even run plays today and they QB is terrible. Just sat back in the pocket and didn’t throw, didn’t look off the left side of the field, couldn’t make decisions, and tried to run too late. He had open WRs. Their defense didn’t keep containment and looked confused. By the 2nd quarter they all gave up… they was not the title fight we came to see.

Phoebus looked great against OS, but OS is a really bad team. They couldn’t even run plays today and they QB is terrible. Just sat back in the pocket and didn’t throw, didn’t look off the left side of the field, couldn’t make decisions, and tried to run too late. He had open WRs. Their defense didn’t keep containment and looked confused. By the 2nd quarter they all gave up… they was not the title fight we came to see.
I saw the last Bass TD on Twitter. The effort by OS to stop was the lamest effort I’ve seen lately. It did seem they just gave up.

They won their district. Which is a very tough district. They are an undefeated 2 time defending state champ. Phoebus just dominated them. It is what it is. If they gave up, the Phantoms made them give up. This was a quality win for Phoebus whom many said wasnt challenged all year. They played a great game. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Just watched the YouTube stream. Phoebus definitely looked ready to play. Hyped with lots of energy. OS looked Like they were ready to get on the bus in the first quarter. Congratulations on the revenge game. Looking forward to following Phoebus through the playoffs

I saw the last Bass TD on Twitter. The effort by OS to stop was the lamest effort I’ve seen lately. It did seem they just gave up.
Phoebus had something to do with that. 20-0 in the 1st qtr. OS bully teams but they saw that they were outmatched today. Plain and simple. Yall can try to discredit Phoebus all u want. It is what it is. I wonder did Warhill give up yesterday??? Hmmm.

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
The
They won their district. Which is a very tough district. They are an undefeated 2 time defending state champ. Phoebus just dominated them. It is what it is. If they gave up, the Phantoms made them give up. This was a quality win for Phoebus whom many said wasnt challenged all year. They played a great game. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
That looked like Oscar Smith rolled out their JV team. Poor play, poor execution, poor effort.. OS’s last few games have been the same…. Even their fans were telling us this stuff in the parking lot.

listen, the Phamtoms looked amazing… very impressive… talent all around… full motor effort the whole game… nothing against them… just saying you didn’t beat up last years Oscar Smith.

The

That looked like Oscar Smith rolled out their JV team. Poor play, poor execution, poor effort.. OS’s last few games have been the same…. Even their fans were telling us this stuff in the parking lot.

listen, the Phamtoms looked amazing… very impressive… talent all around… full motor effort the whole game… nothing against them… just saying you didn’t beat up last years Oscar Smith.
Thats because its this years squad..lol OS didnt beat up 2010 Phoebus Champs either. They dominated Smith. A 6A 2x state champ team who went undefeated in their district. They just loss to a better team. It happens...

Phoebus had something to do with that. 20-0 in the 1st qtr. OS bully teams but they saw that they were outmatched today. Plain and simple. Yall can try to discredit Phoebus all u want. It is what it is. I wonder did Warhill give up yesterday??? Hmmm.
I’m just commenting on that one play that I saw on Twitter late in the game. I didn’t see the rest of the game. The OS players on that play just stood there basically on the end run.
Warhill battled to the end ending on Lafayette’s 30 yard line taking a TO at 00:35 to go because they wanted to score again. I guess we will all find out in the first round if OS has some issues or not. But we are in 3A and Phoebus is clearly the #1 seed.

I’m just commenting on that one play that I saw on Twitter late in the game. I didn’t see the rest of the game. The OS players on that play just stood there basically on the end run.
Warhill battled to the end ending on Lafayette’s 30 yard line taking a TO at 00:35 to go because they wanted to score again. I guess we will all find out in the first round if OS has some issues or not. But we are in 3A and Phoebus is clearly the #1 seed.
Any team can be beaten. Phoebus played a great game, period but OS won their district and went undefeated doing so. Nansemond River, Kings Fork, Western Branch, Indian River and Deep Creek are all quality teams that OS played and they went undefeated. The Rams look good and so does LT. It will be an interesting playoff bracket in 3a. Whoever come out will be battle tested for sure. That being said, Phoebus took this game personally and just outplayed Smith.

Lmao I’ve heard it all. Oscar Smith the 2 time defending Class 6A nationally ranked Oscar Smith Tigers are all of a sudden a really bad team. They got whooped by the better team today. A team with a defense that’s only given up 20 points all year and none on 1st team defense. Don’t try to discredit this win. We took the blowout L last year and ran the table…Oscar Smith can do the same because beside what you say they are one of the best teams in the state.

Phoebus had something to do with that. 20-0 in the 1st qtr. OS bully teams but they saw that they we're outmatched today. Plain and simple. Yall can try to discredit Phoebus all u want. It is what it is. I wonder did Warhill give up yesterday??? Hmmm.
Phoebus had everything to do with it. You only had to watch Phoebus first score to know how that game was going. If they played OS 10 times this yr they would still be 10-0

Lmao I’ve heard it all. Oscar Smith the 2 time defending Class 6A nationally ranked Oscar Smith Tigers are all of a sudden a really bad team. They got whooped by the better team today. A team with a defense that’s only given up 20 points all year and none on 1st team defense. Don’t try to discredit this win. We took the blowout L last year and ran the table…Oscar Smith can do the same because beside what you say they are one of the best teams in the state.
Yep they were nationality ranked and 9-0. I know plenty of undefeated teams in VA that are not in the top 200. Phoebus really made them look awful

No one said anything different about Phoebus… but saying those national rankings tend to given out more on past years reputations. This OS team is beat up, not as talented, and not executing like previous years. Phoebus is way better than them and it shows.

Well said. Oscar Smith can still win the state championship. Its all respect. They just got beat by the better team this year. Phoebus didn't complain at all lastyear when they lost to Smith. They got better. OS will need to do the same and go get that 3 peat.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
The top playoff teams can win if the other team doesn’t stay disciplined, focused, and hungry. Plus there is the whole injury thing…. Backups are backups for a reason…. Every team needs to fight till the end.

Reactions: fattyhawk2013
Well said. Oscar Smith can still win the state championship. Its all respect. They just got beat by the better team this year. Phoebus didn't complain at all lastyear when they lost to Smith. They got better. OS will need to do the same and go get that 3 peat.
I don't see them beating Freedom if they show up like they did today

never understood why he was playing over #14 during the scrimmages vs Green Run Cox did the same thing.

I'm honestly hoping that the 757 brings home three titles this year. I know it's a stretch but I'm a 757 homer. Even if Phoebus gets beat (somehow), I'll be pulling for Lafayette, LT, York or whomever is in the 757. Smith can and will bounce back in Class 6. Their too well coached not to.

I'm honestly hoping that the 757 brings home three titles this year. I know it's a stretch but I'm a 757 homer. Even if Phoebus gets beat (somehow), I'll be pulling for Lafayette, LT, York or whomever is in the 757. Smith can and will bounce back in Class 6. Their too well coached not to.
Even though they are only 6-4, Poquoson has a small chance, but a chance in Class 2

Fan made video from yesterday. And let’s stop the OS disrespect. They’d run thru anyone else in 3A easily and beat most teams off them running on the field alone. I feel sorry for whoever has to play Smith Friday….bout to be 80-0. And I’ve seen that Freedom team and i don’t think they can match Smith’s physicality but just my opinion. Freedom does a lot of things that won’t work against Smith.

Fan made video from yesterday. And let’s stop the OS disrespect. They’d run thru anyone else in 3A easily and beat most teams off them running on the field alone. I feel sorry for whoever has to play Smith Friday….bout to be 80-0. And I’ve seen that Freedom team and i don’t think they can match Smith’s physicality but just my opinion. Freedom does a lot of things that won’t work against Smith.
Yeah one game doesn't make your season. People tend to overreact over a lose. Sometimes it's just not your day. OS has struggled lately. Beating Western Branch 2-0 was a head scratcher too. 2016 was the last time WB was within 38 points.
Doesn't help that Phoebus made them look bad. Then you see where OS smacked Kings Fork

Last edited:
Yeah one game doesn't make your season. People tend to overreact over a lose. Sometimes it's just not your day. OS has struggled lately. Beating Western Branch 2-0 was a head scratcher too. 2016 was the last time WB was within 38 points.
Doesn't help that Phoebus made them look bad. Then you see where OS smacked King George.
King George?

Doesn't help that Phoebus made them look bad. Then you see where OS smacked King George.
KG is 10-0. Maybe you mean they smacked Kings Fork not that long ago,

Reactions: SFUWO

Stonebridge is physical and they blew them out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT