ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus Phantoms 2022

The impressive feat was that those earlier Phoebus teams beat the much larger schools for those championships.

I do know that Darling Stadium will be rocking it in November & I wouldn't miss this game if I can help it!!
The most impressive thing is that it was all predicted at the beginning of the 2001 season.

No where close to a Lynchburg Cheating Academy fan. Just like stirring the pot. Funny how it takes a person exaggerating comments and over reacting to comments about a team to create a meaningful thread on here.
Naw...you was serious. Don't try to switch up now...lol I'm still wondering who your team is??

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Where was I serious exactly? Also why does my team affiliation matter? Does that somehow give more or less credit to my post? Are you planning on commenting on their win/loss record?

Well next year both teams will be in different divisions Phoebus going back to 4 and liberty Christian down to 2 probably from what I'm reading and hearing so maybe the crazy stuff will be between someone else😳

Reactions: wikki
Liberty Cheating Academy will stay 3a. They were fearful of being booted from the Seminole into the Dogwood where a lot of schools do not fill JV teams for smaller sports.

Where was I serious exactly? Also why does my team affiliation matter? Does that somehow give more or less credit to my post? Are you planning on commenting on their win/loss record?
Just curious. Virtually everyone on this board keep things real. Since you had so much to say about Phoebus....Why don't you rep your squad? There is no shame to that, but maybe it is....because you still haven't said who your team is. lol

One game. Against a completely overmatched Menchville. I will wait. With access to better training, nutrition and coaching, the games in the playoffs, especially at the top should still be competitive in the division 3-6. I will wait. But, bigger, stronger, faster sounds like a great movie title.
It’s not about the opponent. This year’s team is further ahead of last year’s team at this point. Nobody in 3A is beating Phoebus this year barring injuries. Find it hard to believe somebody has the offensive line to block Phoebus. You’ve probably never seen Phoebus to understand you just wanted to include an opinion on a message board…

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Glad I got so much hate for talking about Phoebus and everyone saying no one on here was predicting a championship.

Mr confidence like I said I hope you don't have to eat crow in the end good luck to you and your team

Yall need help with sarcasm. I do not think Phoebus will run away with it like most on here think. I was just simply pointing out how crazy it is to anoint them champs a couple weeks in.

Reactions: 10iceiceice
Yall need help with sarcasm. I do not think Phoebus will run away with it like most on here think. I was just simply pointing out how crazy it is to anoint them champs a couple weeks in.
But the thing you provided nothing to the argument just a bunch of weird sarcasm bs. Phoebus as a program is back, because the administration that wanted to put a chokehold on the program has been gone for 4 years and magically when they’re gone we got new life and back to dominating. I understand you probably don’t know what a dominating Phoebus machine looks like but that program that won 7 titles from 2001-2011 is back. If you get a chance to check out the stream tonight we play a very hyped up Warwick team. It’ll be live on YouTube.

Reactions: General172011
But the thing you provided nothing to the argument just a bunch of weird sarcasm bs. Phoebus as a program is back, because the administration that wanted to put a chokehold on the program has been gone for 4 years and magically when they’re gone we got new life and back to dominating. I understand you probably don’t know what a dominating Phoebus machine looks like but that program that won 7 titles from 2001-2011 is back. If you get a chance to check out the stream tonight we play a very hyped up Warwick team. It’ll be live on YouTube.
Believe me I know all to well about the Phoebus machine and they truly were during that run. It is good for Virginia high school football for Phoebus as a program to be back.

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
With Phoebus going back to D4, there’s only matchup I want to see. I’ve wanted it since 2010 when I walked off the field as a senior…. Thought I’d see it in 2013 but they were upset by Kings Fork. Hopefully next year I’ll be able to witness redemption 🤞🏾

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
With Phoebus going back to D4, there’s only matchup I want to see. I’ve wanted it since 2010 when I walked off the field as a senior…. Thought I’d see it in 2013 but they were upset by Kings Fork. Hopefully next year I’ll be able to witness redemption 🤞🏾
Respect. Classic match up. Would love to get that matchup back. Y’all don’t even know but that game gave the next year’s less talented team the confidence to complete that 4peat with all those close games we had in that playoff run.

That 2011 team honestly had no business winning states (Phoebus people kill me about that opinion).

Me and Caleb Taylor talked before we played that State Semi Final & both of us knew whoever won was winning States. We had em for 40 mins an then the wheels came off smh. It’s been 12 years and I still remember every play from that 4th quarter like it happened yesterday. Coach Sexton talked to me at the All Star game and told me “I’m kinda glad you were banged up that game” I told him Yeah y’all got lucky lol

You're the only person on here that claims someone has anointed Phoebus as Champs in Sept. I originally stated that Phoebus will be a tough out. Doesn't mean we can't be beat! Any given Friday! I guess you wanted to exclude that statement, huh?

You're the only person on here that claims someone has anointed Phoebus as Champs in Sept. I originally stated that Phoebus will be a tough out. Doesn't mean we can't be beat! Any given Friday! I guess you wanted to exclude that statement, huh?
Did you miss the post where someone claimed no one in 3A would beat Phoebus? Not sure how you think the playoffs work but if you go all season and do not lose to a 3A team they give you the trophy at the end.

Did you miss the post where someone claimed no one in 3A would beat Phoebus? Not sure how you think the playoffs work but if you go all season and do not lose to a 3A team they give you the trophy at the end.
3A is just a region not the Class 3 VHSL State Championship. So did you read that post carefully?

We had a similar discussion in the stands last night. Regardless of the outcome, we just want to see more Dinwiddie-Phoebus games played. May the better team win. Whenever and wherever these two teams meet I can guarantee you a packed stadium. And if the Generals should win, I suspect the celebration will be like no other.

Is this CH?

Great to see you on our forum. Please stop by the press booth in two weeks. We would love to see you, and we will have a little something to eat and drink that we would love to share with you.

Great to see you on our forum. Please stop by the press booth in two weeks. We would love to see you, and we will have a little something to eat and drink that we would love to share with you.
Ok, I’ll be there 🤝🏾 I haven’t been able to catch a game this year because of work but I’m off that Friday so I’ll be there bright and early.

It’s not about the opponent. This year’s team is further ahead of last year’s team at this point. Nobody in 3A is beating Phoebus this year barring injuries. Find it hard to believe somebody has the offensive line to block Phoebus. You’ve probably never seen Phoebus to understand you just wanted to include an opinion on a message board…
Phoebus Class of 1983 here. I have been watching Phoebus off and on since 1977 circa Derek Jenkins. Football in Virginia is vastly different from 1990-2011 when Hampton, Phoebus and a number of other East Region teams kept stealing state titles. I am just saying to be careful, with the quality of high school football in Va, thinking no one in D3 is going to beat them. Heck, I want them to win. But, ironically, yes I have seen and reported on Phoebus football a once or twice. As an aside, I donned the JV uniform 10 times.

Phoebus Class of 1983 here. I have been watching Phoebus off and on since 1977 circa Derek Jenkins. Football in Virginia is vastly different from 1990-2011 when Hampton, Phoebus and a number of other East Region teams kept stealing state titles. I am just saying to be careful, with the quality of high school football in Va, thinking no one in D3 is going to beat them. Heck, I want them to win. But, ironically, yes I have seen and reported on Phoebus football a once or twice. As an aside, I donned the JV uniform 10 times.
I stand by my statement. Show me an offensive line that can block Phoebus defensive line in 3A.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
I stand by my statement. Show me an offensive line that can block Phoebus defensive line in 3A.
It hurts doesn’t it? When you say something that is as far from the truth as, “Gandalf will be at Darling Stadium this weekend doing magic tricks,” and cannot just say, “Oh so you have seen Phoebus play at least a half of football.? My bad, I was wrong.” Well at least we both root for the Phantoms. Enjoy the season. Let us hope we win by at least 1 point in each game and bring home number 9.

We were very proud of the Generals on this day, but they just didn't finish the deal against Phoebus. Two really good teams battled it out on a very frigid Saturday in Dinwiddie. For those that may not know this, Phoebus beat Dinwiddie in the 2008 Class 5 State final @ Lane Stadium 37-13. It was cold that day too and the lopsided loss made the long ride back home unbearable. Maybe someday the rivalry will be renewed.

Last edited:
Keep your head up big man. We couldn't have been more proud of you and our the team on this day. Our hearts broke with you. Not sure if this loss or the loss to Salem in the 2016 final bothers me more. The ironic thing is in both games our defense had a chance to close the game out of fourth down (2 minutes left) and did not. Dinwiddie has beaten Salem twice since then, but has yet to face Phoebus again. Hope we get a chance at both of them in the next few years. God bless you sir!

Hey Phoebus high school could schedule a home and home against either Dinnwiddie high school or Hopewell high school. Those would be great games.

Was the fieldhouse built the year after this? Looks crazy with all that empty space on the hill.

Liberty Cheating Academy will stay 3a. They were fearful of being booted from the Seminole into the Dogwood where a lot of schools do not fill JV teams for smaller sports.
They will get what they want.

I am here to tell you that this Phoebus team is very special this year. They will be even better than last year's State Championship team IMHO. I don't want to use the word juggernaut but the Phantoms are bigger, stronger, faster, and deeper at just about every position. They are lights out on defense and very aggressive on both sides of the ball. I can honestly say that I truly believe that this team can and will be a stiff challenge for everyone on their schedule (even Oscar Smith). I was very hesitant to make my prediction last season going into that game but I will say that I feel much more confident in this Phoebus team in 2022. Remember the name Nolan James (QB transfer from Nansemond River). He's the most gifted QB I've seen in the Peninsula District since Tyrod Taylor of Hampton many years ago. I give any team a chance on any given night but I love the what I've seen from the Phantoms so far. They're hungry like one of those great Phoebus teams of the Bill Dee days but with a much more explosive offense. Good luck to everyone in Class 3 on a great season!
They didnt look like Phoebus today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT