ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus vs. Hampton

Who wins?

• Phoebus

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Hampton

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
@Phoebus Fan, history doesn't matter remember. 😂 Several months ago I suggested Dinwiddie fans suffered from the 2010 loss at home to the Phantoms and wanted revenge, you explicitly responded by saying "what happened 13 years ago didn't matter". Well I guess the same applies to this rivalry. Hampton hasn't beaten Phoebus since 2016 and the Crabbers are no longer a threat in Region A or Class 4. The Phantoms are the big show in town and if their offense has improved as much as you insist the game should be over by halftime. Good luck to both teams.

It’s very hard to get into these games man. I’ve watched Phoebus online a few times and though they’re the best C4 team IMO, I can’t watch them unless they played a Dinwiddie or Varina or Salem.

some of those Hampton kids find there way over to Phoebus now that they are the big game in town again. Makes sense with those two schools zones being so close. It is hard for both of those teams to be consistently really good at the same time like the old days when there were more kids playing ball in general. Outside of eastern Henrico with HSHS and Varina, seems to be the case statewide. Phoebus probably wins big IMO. Crabber pride and the rivalry might carry them for a 1.5 quarters but then they will run out of gas

It’s very hard to get into these games man. I’ve watched Phoebus online a few times and though they’re the best C4 team IMO, I can’t watch them unless they played a Dinwiddie or Varina or Salem.
Makes perfect sense. I guess i only watch because I’ve seen most of these kids play since they were 7-8 years old.

Definitely wouldn’t call these “Phoebus” kids. I’d call them “Hampton kids”. This Phoebus team is what taking the best players in Roanoke, Richmond, etc. would look like on one team. Arguably the best team in VA, but manufactured.

@Phoebus Fan, history doesn't matter remember. 😂 Several months ago I suggested Dinwiddie fans suffered from the 2010 loss at home to the Phantoms and wanted revenge, you explicitly responded by saying "what happened 13 years ago didn't matter". Well I guess the same applies to this rivalry. Hampton hasn't beaten Phoebus since 2016 and the Crabbers are no longer a threat in Region A or Class 4. The Phantoms are the big show in town and if their offense has improved as much as you insist the game should be over by halftime. Good luck to both teams.
Thats exactly what happen. The offense for Phoebus has improved. Great job by the coaches.

Definitely wouldn’t call these “Phoebus” kids. I’d call them “Hampton kids”. This Phoebus team is what taking the best players in Roanoke, Richmond, etc. would look like on one team. Arguably the best team in VA, but manufactured.

Sounded like what @Phoebus Fan was talking about with academic academies is something like IB schools. Only certain schools have those programs, so you can get a non-district student to the school. Not straight open enrollment. I don't think people realize how close some of these schools are. It's not uncommon in urban areas..

Last edited:
Reactions: CavsGrad
One question. How is Phoebus able to wear a light colored gold top? I noticed it when I watched the Jamestown highlights. It was hard to see who was who at times. I thought the home team had to wear a dark jersey.

LCA is the Phoebus of the Lynchburg area. To bad Phoebus moved up. Would have been a great game between them.

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings
An outsider that has no clue what he’s talking about.

Reactions: fattyhawk2013
One question. How is Phoebus able to wear a light colored gold top? I noticed it when I watched the Jamestown highlights. It was hard to see who was who at times. I thought the home team had to wear a dark jersey.
Gold is considered a home jersey. You're not supposed to wear those on the road. I may be wrong, but i was told by a VHSL rep that only white jerseys are permitted as the visiting team.

Reactions: SFUWO
Gold is considered a home jersey. You're not supposed to wear those on the road. I may be wrong, but i was told by a VHSL rep that only white jerseys are permitted as the visiting team.
Yep. Plus Phoebus has worn gold jerseys as home jerseys for years before this year. Just first time in a while.

Reactions: SFUWO
An outsider that has no clue what he’s talking about.
Was waiting for homer’s response. Dude, if the shoe fits, wear it. Like I said, likely the most talented team in VA, just assembled and not Phoebus-grown. Like the other guy said, they are the LCA of Hampton.

It wasn't as bad watching the Hampton game with the blue pants.

Lol...Phoebus don't recruit. Students want to go there. Majority of Players are from Phoebus. They win so much so I understand why some always question how they sustain thier success. And for the record LCA and Phoebus are night and day in football.
Was waiting for homer’s response. Dude, if the shoe fits, wear it. Like I said, likely the most talented team in VA, just assembled and not Phoebus-grown. Like the other guy said, they are the LCA of Hampton.

• Haha
Reactions: oxley70
Lol...Phoebus don't recruit. Students want to go there. Majority of Players are from Phoebus. They win so much so I understand why some always question how they sustain thier success. And for the record LCA and Phoebus are night and day in football.
There’s the other homer. Every high school in VA recruits. Phoebus just does a better job than others. Like I said, if the shoe fits… Denial by you guys living your dream of days gone by through this assembled Phoebus team won’t change the truth.

Last edited:
Saying a team filled with kids that have been in the program since middle school isn’t Phoebus grown is BS. Complete slap in the face to what Blunt and staff have built up. You’re on the outside and just see the name Phoebus and just connect it to the 2001-11 run when we won 7 chips.

• Haha
Saying a team filled with kids that have been in the program since middle school isn’t Phoebus grown is BS. Complete slap in the face to what Blunt and staff have built up. You’re on the outside and just see the name Phoebus and just connect it to the 2001-11 run when we won 7 chips.
Whatever. Championchips???

It’s no point man. Dude is a complete outsider pushing his random narrative.

• Haha
Ok if u say so but how many championships LCA have?

It’s no point man. Dude is a complete outsider pushing his random narrative.
Another hater that dont know what they are talking about.
There’s the other homer. Every high school in VA recruits. Phoebus just does a better job than others. Like I said, if the shoe fits… Denial by you guys living your dream of days gone by through this assembled Phoebus team won’t change the truth.
Man shut up!! Where are ur facts since u know so much? I'll wait...

• Haha
Another hater that dont know what they are talking about.

Man shut up!! Where are ur facts since u know so much? I'll wait...
Not sure if all high schools recruit, according to an AD in the Lynchburg area a few years ago a majority of the schools recruit in all sports. That's not a hear say. Heard it with my own ears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT