ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus vs. Lake Taylor

Who wins and why?

• Phoebus

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • Lake Taylor

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
I have Phoebus winning in a tough defensive struggle. LT is much more improved from last year and will be looking for payback from a 54-6 beating that hands of the Phantoms in 2021. I've always said that LT or Lafayette would be Phoebus' biggest hurdle to repeating and I stand by that! But again, I have Phoebus making a few more plays at the end to advance.

I have Phoebus winning in a tough defensive struggle. LT is much more improved from last year and will be looking for payback from a 54-6 beating that hands of the Phantoms in 2021. I've always said that LT or Lafayette would be Phoebus' biggest hurdle to repeating and I stand by that! But again, I have Phoebus making a few more plays at the end to advance.
That’s my impression also. Tough defense by LT especially against the run, outside or inside. Very good pass rush by LT. Their passing and running is tough. Sure handed receivers. But I see Phoebus by a Td or 2, with a close game until the 4 Q. It’s a shame all the really good teams are in Region A and really weak in Region B. This Friday the state semi and region final are the same.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
That’s my impression also. Tough defense by LT especially against the run, outside or inside. Very good pass rush by LT. Their passing and running is tough. Sure handed receivers. But I see Phoebus by a Td or 2, with a close game until the 4 Q. It’s a shame all the really good teams are in Region A and really weak in Region B. This Friday the state semi and region final are the same.
Great assessment on LT. I was really hoping for a rematch with Lafayette from the 2020 Spring match-up. The Rams had yet another fantastic season. Coach Linn is a very underrated coach in my opinion and should be mentioned with some of the state's elite coaches.

Reactions: gwb16
Great assessment on LT. I was really hoping for a rematch with Lafayette from the 2020 Spring match-up. The Rams had yet another fantastic season. Coach Linn is a very underrated coach in my opinion and should be mentioned with some of the state's elite coaches.
I can say Lafayette players were not looking ahead but they really wanted a game against Phoebus , the top class 3 team. Rats!

I can say Lafayette players were not looking ahead but they really wanted a game against Phoebus , the top class 3 team. Rats!
And the sad part is we'll be moving up to Class 4 next year. Good luck to you guys for years to come because I'm sure Coach Linn will field some great teams in the near future. Lafayette has always had our respect!

And the sad part is we'll be moving up to Class 4 next year. Good luck to you guys for years to come because I'm sure Coach Linn will field some great teams in the near future. Lafayette has always had our respect!
With 3 high schools here I don’t think Lafayette will be moving back to class 4 anytime soon. It’s the smallest of the three.

Back to Phoebus vs LT. What are your thoughts on this game? I believe this will be a great game. Im rooting for Phoebus. I got Phoebus 27 - LT 14.

I was thinking that too but LT has athletes, well coached and they have pride. They was embarrassed last year by Phoebus. I know they probably want this game badly. That being said, i still pick Phoebus to win but if any team was to upset Phoebus left in Region 3, LT would be at the top of my list.

Reactions: General172011
I was thinking that too but LT has athletes, well coached and they have pride. They was embarrassed last year by Phoebus. I know they probably want this game badly. That being said, i still pick Phoebus to win but if any team was to upset Phoebus left in Region 3, LT would be at the top of my list.
I think it will be a repeat of last yr. Hopefully I'm wrong. I believe that Phoebus has the athletes to stop LT's offense

I think it will be a repeat of last yr. Hopefully I'm wrong. I believe that Phoebus has the athletes to stop LT's offense
Phoebus do have the athletes but I dont think it will be a repeat from last year. Lastyear LT barely practiced and had no scrimmages before the first game with Phoebus. This year they are battle tested and playing in the ER title game against a team that embarrassed them last year. I believe Phoebus will win but it wont be like lastyear. If it does I will be very surprised. I will never sleep on a Hank Sawyer coached LT team, ecspecially in this scenerio. Im going 27 - 14 Phoebus in a close game until the 4th qtr.

Reactions: CavsGrad and SFUWO
From our game the play we didn't stop well (starting Lb broke his collarbone in last game of regular season) was that veer option to the RB up the middle. If you clog that up it’s a good start. The pass game was very good but shorter routes of crossing patterns, no deep patterns. Nice sure handedreceivers. On defense they had the best interior line play we saw all season. First time our big FB had no room all game. The only real weakness was on Lafayette’s deep pass routes. Throw often and deep to that top receiver Bass.
Just my subjective observations fwiw .

From our game the play we didn't stop well (starting Lb broke his collarbone in last game of regular season) was that veer option to the RB up the middle. If you clog that up it’s a good start. The pass game was very good but shorter routes of crossing patterns, no deep patterns. Nice sure handedreceivers. On defense they had the best interior line play we saw all season. First time our big FB had no room all game. The only real weakness was on Lafayette’s deep pass routes. Throw often and deep to that top receiver Bass.
Just my subjective observations fwiw .
Definitely have to stop the back up the middle first. Then make the QB pitch the ball

I just have a hard time seeing any team left scoring double digits on that defense. They are loaded on that side of the ball an they fly around with pride. It’ll be a tall task but if anyone can it’ll be LT.
Thats a great defense and I want Phoebus to win. If they shutout LT then I would really feel sorry for any team left.

I will be surprised if Lake Taylor scores more than 1 touchdown.. We’re talking about a defense that has allowed only 20 points this season, 0 points on the starters!! Phoebus has played some tough opponents too..when you have a defense that good, it tends to break the will of the other team. I’m thinking Phoebus by 35 or more. The problem with Lake Taylor’s defense, when you have a good matchup with receivers vs corners, Lake Taylor plays that 3 yds off the ball defense that can get you in trouble if the receiver gets past his man, 42-0 Phoebus!!

Phoebus in a blow out. Game can be close early if Phoebus starts slow but that shouldn’t happen this time. This team is motivated.

Phoebus in a blow out. Game can be close early if Phoebus starts slow but that shouldn’t happen this time. This team is motivated.
Phoebus is a juggernaut but LT has been given enough credit. They played some tough teams this year. Only losing to Maury. Because of what happen to them lastyear...LT will be up for this game. It should be a great matchup but simethg just tells me this gm will be close...but Phoebus has been lights out. Im pulling for them to play their best ball. If they do that they will win this game and move forward to repeating.

Does Phoebus have a lot of seniors on their team or are they going to be just as good next year?

Does Phoebus have a lot of seniors on their team or are they going to be just as good next year?
They will have to replace 4 starters on a defense that’s given up 27 in 12 games. Well actually 0 points because the first team defense hasn’t been scored on yet.

Yes I do.
LT’s AD tried to get Phoebus disqualified for the fight Norcom started last week. Norcom players jumped 3 Phoebus players in 3 separate fights on Norcom’s sideline.

VHSL was presented with a list of 18 players players they were requesting to be suspended. List included 18 of our best players and all them were not involved in the fight. VHSL reviewed it and declined LT’s request but LT did not stop the fight. They finally got the VHSL to agree to suspend two players and they were starting C and starting WR/DB. If you’re scared to play Phoebus just say that. Lost a lot of respect for a program I’ve respected for 20+ years.

LT’s AD tried to get Phoebus disqualified for the fight Norcom started last week. Norcom players jumped 3 Phoebus players in 3 separate fights on Norcom’s sideline.

VHSL was presented with a list of 18 players players they were requesting to be suspended. List included 18 of our best players and all them were not involved in the fight. VHSL reviewed it and declined LT’s request but LT did not stop the fight. They finally got the VHSL to agree to suspend two players and they were starting C and starting WR/DB. If you’re scared to play Phoebus just say that. Lost a lot of respect for a program I’ve respected for 20+ years.
Now I really wished we made that extra point and won . Phoebus will not see them next year but Lafayette will. Payback time 2023.

3:43 left 3rdQ
in VHSL Region 3A Football Championship -
Phoebus 28, Lake Taylor 6.

Final:
in VHSL Region 3A Football Championship -
Phoebus 42, Lake Taylor 16.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT