ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff predictions IMO

I like em. But here is the question. Which of the top four seeds in the West get upset in the second round? Dominion, Salem, Byrd, Woodgrove or none

Reactions: OCBoy
I like em. But here is the question. Which of the top four seeds in the West get upset in the second round? Dominion, Salem, Byrd, Woodgrove or none
Gotta get through round 1 first then we shall see the matchups

I'd like to see Charlottesville, if healthy, against Woodgrove. Charlottesville is a major sleeper in my eyes. As far as what top 4 team loses first, of course I'm taking Amherst over Dominion.

I'd like to see Charlottesville, if healthy, against Woodgrove. Charlottesville is a major sleeper in my eyes. As far as what top 4 team loses first, of course I'm taking Amherst over Dominion.
From my understanding they have no defense and soon as they run into a team that does have a defense it's over

From my understanding they have no defense and soon as they run into a team that does have a defense it's over

Neale has not lost a game at starting QB when no one is injured. He's 6-0 all time. The first loss was to Dominion (8-2) when Davis was still QB, then we went on a 4 game winning streak, 2 of those wins against 6-4 teams, when Neale started and everyone was healthy. Then, without Durrett, JD, and Loudeback we lost 3 straight (we were up 18-0 on AHS (8-2), and the entire Orange (6-4) game was BS IMO) then everyone came back healthy, and we beat Western by 21 then we beat LOUISA. I'm not saying we're going to beat Woodgrove, but we're better then what people think. I just think if everyone is healthy, we're dangerous, as Louisa learned on Friday.

We still have to beat John Champe, though

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Dinwiddie 45 Courtland 7
Eastern View 38 King George 14
Chancellor 42 Powhatan 17
Monacan 41 Louisa 21
Amherst 44 Pulaski 13
GW 28 Heritage 21
Charlottesville 49 Champe 42
Millbrook 21 Loudoun Valley 20
If this holds true, what do you think of the ev chancellor rematch

Loudoun Valley gave up 34 points to Rock Ridge this year. I think Millbrook smokes them by 40.

Dinwiddie 49 Courtland 0
Eastern View 35King George 21
Chancellor 35 Powhatan 28
Monacan 34 Louisa 35 shocker!
Amherst 44 Pulaski 13 agree
GW 35 Heritage 14
Charlottesville 35 Champe 21
Millbrook 49 Loudoun Valley 35

Dinwiddie 51 Courtland 8
Eastern View 28 King George 21
Chancellor 24 Powhatan 28
Monacan 28 Louisa 35
Amherst 44 Pulaski 15
GW 35 Heritage 34
Charlottesville 35 Champe 27
Millbrook 44 Loudoun Valley 28

You may be right....but I don't think Chancellor really wants to see EV again either. Heck, EV spotted them an 18-pt. lead
EV isn't playing with the same intensity it did against them the first time or even sherando it just hasn't been there. If they can refind that intensity then yes they can compete and move on but that lack of intensity will cause them to be upset

EV isn't playing with the same intensity it did against them the first time or even sherando it just hasn't been there. If they can refind that intensity then yes they can compete and move on but that lack of intensity will cause them to be upset
I have a feeling they will be fine mentally. If they get beat it will be because someone else was better. BUT...I still say if they're in any close game into the 4th qtr, they will have the advantage physically.

Loudoun Valley gave up 34 points to Rock Ridge this year. I think Millbrook smokes them by 40.
They played Woodgrove a lot closer than Millbrook did. There is no chance of Millbrook winning by 40 and I'll put my paycheck on it.

I have a feeling they will be fine mentally. If they get beat it will be because someone else was better. BUT...I still say if they're in any close game into the 4th qtr, they will have the advantage physically.
True but watching the past 3 weeks games it just seems like the O line etc is being lazy not really giving it 100% etc and that's a problem come playoff time

Yeh Millbrook will not beat LV easily , could go either way really, especially if they have good outside containment. I changed my mind about the Monacan game. No way monacan loses. It will be close but monacan 35-21.

True but watching the past 3 weeks games it just seems like the O line etc is being lazy not really giving it 100% etc and that's a problem come playoff time
I would agree....I think they got a good draw in KG though. I believe EV will ramp it up this week a few notches.

You may be right....but I don't think Chancellor really wants to see EV again either. Heck, EV spotted them an 18-pt. lead

Actually, I think Chancellor would love a rematch with EV. Remember, the regular season game this year went to overtime.

Last year, Chancellor felt robbed in the playoff game due to injuries. There is NO excuse because you play with who you have available on the night of the game, but injuries have plagued both of these teams when they meet. Last year, in the first match up, EV had players out due to injury and Chancellor won. In the second match up (1st round of the playoffs) Chancellor had 5 starters to include the QB on the sidelines in street clothes due to injuries and EV won. This year, Chancellor had a three players, including 2 D linemen on the sidelines injured and EV won. I think if you were to ask any of the Chargers or the coaching staff they would say they would welcome an EV rematch with BOTH teams healthy. Personally, I feel the same way. And if both teams are healthy, I'd have to give Chancellor the edge.

But, you have to take care of round 1 first. Chancellor has to take care of Powhatan and EV has to do the same to King George. Then, we can have this discussion next week.

Actually, I think Chancellor would love a rematch with EV. Remember, the regular season game this year went to overtime.

Last year, Chancellor felt robbed in the playoff game due to injuries. There is NO excuse because you play with who you have available on the night of the game, but injuries have plagued both of these teams when they meet. Last year, in the first match up, EV had players out due to injury and Chancellor won. In the second match up (1st round of the playoffs) Chancellor had 5 starters to include the QB on the sidelines in street clothes due to injuries and EV won. This year, Chancellor had a three players, including 2 D linemen on the sidelines injured and EV won. I think if you were to ask any of the Chargers or the coaching staff they would say they would welcome an EV rematch with BOTH teams healthy. Personally, I feel the same way. And if both teams are healthy, I'd have to give Chancellor the edge.

But, you have to take care of round 1 first. Chancellor has to take care of Powhatan and EV has to do the same to King George. Then, we can have this discussion next week.
EV isn't healthy. They are not as banged up as Chancellor was last year. But it all makes since with the team being not healthy the team to lose.

The top four teams that have the bye this week will play the winners of which teams? Once again I have probably missed it. I think a poster above Salem will play the Millbrook Loudon Valley winner at Salem is that Correct? How about the other three of the top four?

True.....sorry, I picked Powhatan. Just going on a hunch.

Reactions: mbonape1
The top four teams that have the bye this week will play the winners of which teams? Once again I have probably missed it. I think a poster above Salem will play the Millbrook Loudon Valley winner at Salem is that Correct? How about the other three of the top four?

This link may help you a little.

As far as who the bye teams get, my guess would be the lowest seed (1), gets the remaining higest seed, (12). But I don't know that as fact.

http://www.vhsl.org/athletics.football.page227

Not positive, but very seldom does anyone reseed after the playoffs start. Seeding is universally determined by the final regular season VHSL Power Points. So, re-seeding is not applicable. Or so it seems to me.

Not positive, but very seldom does anyone reseed after the playoffs start. Seeding is universally determined by the final regular season VHSL Power Points. So, re-seeding is not applicable. Or so it seems to me.
DP....so it looks like Dinwiddie really began to turn in on beginning on '07. New coach then?

That's what I was wondering....is it a straight bracket or do you re-seed after each rd?
Straight bracket, no reseeding.

Top Half
Woodgrove. vs. Charlottesville /Champe winner
Dominion. vs. Amherst/Pulaski winner

Bottom Half
Byrd vs. GW/Heritage winner
Salem vs. Millbrook/LV winner

Dinwiddie did make a state championship appearance in 00/01 too
That was under Curia. I remember that 2000 Dinwiddie team we played in the 99 and they were very young, but were tough on defense. I think we only beat them 21-0 Offensively they had a good back Harris I believe and Defensively my boy Steve Beasley was tough.

Devils you are right about that! Those boys were good. My brother played on that team. The 00 team was good and had two backs in Chris Harris and Chris Johnson. Beasley was a beast. They lost 2 games that year. One against Henrico and Aaron Alexander. They also lost the state championship against Heritage (Newport News). That team was loaded!! Michael Johnson and Daryl Blackstock (UVA). They also had a really good quarterback. Don't know where he went. Coach Curia was a great coach and an awesome man! I am a really good friend of the family. They lost their oldest son John D in a tragic accident about 10 years ago while Coach Curia was coaching at Magna Vista. Sad sad time! Great family. After Coach Curia left the program it went to you know what.......! It was really bad! Coach Mills and his staff has done a great job at getting the program to be a power every year.

They played Woodgrove a lot closer than Millbrook did. There is no chance of Millbrook winning by 40 and I'll put my paycheck on it.

You better be careful with that paycheck!

The starting LV QB left last Friday nights game via ambulance on a backboard.

LV might have to start the JV QB against Millbrook?

40 points does seem excessive though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT