ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff predictions IMO

Devils you are right about that! Those boys were good. My brother played on that team. The 00 team was good and had two backs in Chris Harris and Chris Johnson. Beasley was a beast. They lost 2 games that year. One against Henrico and Aaron Alexander. They also lost the state championship against Heritage (Newport News). That team was loaded!! Michael Johnson and Daryl Blackstock (UVA). They also had a really good quarterback. Don't know where he went. Coach Curia was a great coach and an awesome man! I am a really good friend of the family. They lost their oldest son John D in a tragic accident about 10 years ago while Coach Curia was coaching at Magna Vista. Sad sad time! Great family. After Coach Curia left the program it went to you know what.......! It was really bad! Coach Mills and his staff has done a great job at getting the program to be a power every year.

Yea Coach Curia son Jacob?? was the QB of the team when we played them. I was at the 2000 state final game when Heritage kept running toss left and toss right to Michael Johnson and he was just outrunning everyone. That Heritage team was loaded. Jayson Cooke was the QB

Yea Coach Curia son Jacob?? was the QB of the team when we played them. I was at the 2000 state final game when Heritage kept running toss left and toss right to Michael Johnson and he was just outrunning everyone. That Heritage team was loaded. Jayson Cooke was the QB
Jacob (Jake) is Coach Chris's youngest son. He was the quarterback. Yea Michael Johnson was eating us up! My brother tells a funny story where he finally got a pancake on Blackstock in that championship game and my brother was on top of him talking trash. My brother says Blackstock doesn't say a word he just points and my brother says Heritage is taking one to the house for a pick six! Funny story! The score was 14-7 at the half ended up being 42-7.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Jacob (Jake) is Coach Chris's youngest son. He was the quarterback. Yea Michael Johnson was eating us up! My brother tells a funny story where he finally got a pancake on Blackstock in that championship game and my brother was on top of him talking trash. My brother says Blackstock doesn't say a word he just points and my brother says Heritage is taking one to the house for a pick six! Funny story! The score was 14-7 at the half ended up being 42-7.
Coach Curia's son meant to type!

Coach Mills arrived in the fall of 05. We won one game that year. We beat Nottaway at their homecoming.
I met Coach Mills at the Richmond Times All Metro Banquet in late 2007. My son and I sat at the same table with him and we both realized what a class act he is. Very enjoyable evening.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
One thing many don't realize about Coach Mills, (because of his intensity), is his terrific sense of humor. I know, because I've been the brunt of it numerous times. But I swear, I love the man. His commitment to everything he does is off the charts. He gives so much of himself to his players, and to the community, that we worry for his health. Hopefully he will not leave us anytime soon. Besides, God doesn't have a football team in heaven. And, if St Peter is not a football fan, he will be in big trouble with Billy up there!

Devils you are right about that! Those boys were good. My brother played on that team. The 00 team was good and had two backs in Chris Harris and Chris Johnson. Beasley was a beast. They lost 2 games that year. One against Henrico and Aaron Alexander. They also lost the state championship against Heritage (Newport News). That team was loaded!! Michael Johnson and Daryl Blackstock (UVA). They also had a really good quarterback. Don't know where he went. Coach Curia was a great coach and an awesome man! I am a really good friend of the family. They lost their oldest son John D in a tragic accident about 10 years ago while Coach Curia was coaching at Magna Vista. Sad sad time! Great family. After Coach Curia left the program it went to you know what.......! It was really bad! Coach Mills and his staff has done a great job at getting the program to be a power every year.
Heritage 2000 QB was Jason Cook, He went on to James Madison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT