ADVERTISEMENT

PM and Craig score

Heard Craig had 13 players. Hard to believe we were at that point not that long ago. Hate to see that happen to teams. Craig would be wise to pick Montcalm back up. I heard they were picking up Nelson County, not a good idea IMO.

That is 7 straight shut outs for Craig Co. With only 13 players on the team, I would
Think it is time for the Craig Staff to evaluate the team's status for the remainder of
The season, and do what is in the best interest of those 13 young men.
Tough situation for everyone to be in folks.

2 games left. 1 vs a one win bath. I say stick it out if possible.

They have nothing else to prove......they are Great young men for their community.
But, If they do play those 2 last games, I would hope the entire community of Craig shows
Up at those games for those 13 men and their Coaches.

Maybe shorten the game to 8 minute quarters, if both teams agree, anything to avoid injuries.
I would hope that the First ones through the gate is the School Board Members and a The Board of Supervisors of Craig County, Virginia!

Reactions: oldballcoach13
They had more than 13 I went to the game I counted 21. Not much more but still. I noticed CC coaches don't even...coach?? They just stand there and do nothing. Maybe it's not the low enrollment. Back to the game though, PM had the 2nd and 3rd team in by the 2nd qtr. 1st team played only one play 2nd half and Nelson took it about 70 yards or so then they were out. Nelson had about 200 yards, the other two studs only carried maybe a combined 8 times they probably had over 100 each. The younger brother of Ryheem Dawson, Marcellius had 3td, that kid is fast and big too he's about 6-1 220. Tough game next week vs Covington that's always a smash mouth game but the Blues will turn it up another notch to get tuned up for a state run. I've been around football for many years in coaching as well as recruiting, this team is the real deal. Big, strong, fast, and physical!

Reactions: mmqp
Chilwar25....you are correct. CC players have heart that's for sure! I'm going to be blunt as I can be in saying this, they need a new coaching staff and new blood because they have some bright spots. I'm no Nick Saban or Bear Bryant but I guarantee I could form a staff and have them at .500 or above in two seasons. It's bad.

I would think the school officials and county officials would do some evaluation
Of the situation at Craig County. I am not that familiar with Craig County politics,
But unfortunately, it does come down to that, politics and who knows who, and
The good Ole boy insiders that guides decisions in our schools.
Watch the papers, you may be on the short list sooner than you think!

It was not that long ago that Craig had some decent squads. I dont know who was coaching them 5 or 6 years ago but I do recall them giving Eastern Montgomery a good game the year that the Mustangs went to the state game.

The last two weeks (maybe more) they have been shortening the quarters or using a running clock or both. Read in the paper where Covington gave each offensive lineman a carry in the second half.

Craig was okay a few years back, but historically awful. Bath is the head-scratcher for me.

About 10 years ago Craig County had a good back. Very fast. Hancock I think was his name? Casey Hancock maybe?

Yea Casey Hancock was his name. And Bluebirder is correct, Craig has historically been atrocious.

I dont know what to make of Bath either. Though, historically they are a below .500 team, and that includes the last 20 years or so. Surprising, but true.

Yea Casey Hancock was his name. And Bluebirder is correct, Craig has historically been atrocious.

I dont know what to make of Bath either. Though, historically they are a below .500 team, and that includes the last 20 years or so. Surprising, but true.
We beat New Castle 61-0 and 42-8 in back to back years during my playing career in the early 80's. Beat Bath 13-12 and 34-0 in those same two years. Scrimmaged Bath for a while after I returned to Page to coach a few years ago. Bath was really good in the early 2000's and won the DI state title in 2001-same year we (W&L) won the 2001 D2 title at JMU. Both Phillips boys were really good players!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT