ADVERTISEMENT

PM vs GW

After Fort Chiswell man handled Chilhowie last night, The Fort will be no push over from
Here on out. Granted Chilhowie was no GW or Galax, but a decent team still in the rebuilding
Stage. I think they had 3 Starters out, but I still think FC would have won, but maybe the
Margin would have been closer.

I am still in awe of the PM /Fort score earlier in the year. 2 things on that: if PM plays like that
In every game left, there is your Champ. On the other hand, if Fort gives the ball to Rider, with
His size, Ft will win. The guy is good. If the Ft can get By Galax, it will take a good effort to
Stop Rider and that offensive line the Ft has. I guess, what I am saying, you better not overlook
Fort Chiswell!

Speed is important no doubt but not a guarantee on victory. Essex probably had 6 or 7 guys faster than Riverheads fastest guy but it didn't matter. They also weren't bigger either. But they are sound and great at the fundamentals of football and that in my opinion at least will win out over speed every day. Have my prediction on the GW/PM game but I am waiting until I do my post with analysis on all the remaining games. I will say I don't see a blowout win by either team and it is a game I'd love to see myself

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
After Fort Chiswell man handled Chilhowie last night, The Fort will be no push over from
Here on out. Granted Chilhowie was no GW or Galax, but a decent team still in the rebuilding
Stage. I think they had 3 Starters out, but I still think FC would have won, but maybe the
Margin would have been closer.

I am still in awe of the PM /Fort score earlier in the year. 2 things on that: if PM plays like that
In every game left, there is your Champ. On the other hand, if Fort gives the ball to Rider, with
His size, Ft will win. The guy is good. If the Ft can get By Galax, it will take a good effort to
Stop Rider and that offensive line the Ft has. I guess, what I am saying, you better not overlook
Fort Chiswell!

Chilwar,
You've been around enough to know that those scores don't mean a lot. Young teams getting in a groove finding the right positions for the right players etc. etc. Its nice when you get it worked out preseason but it does not always workout that way. I as a Blues fan don't think that if the P.M. Fort game was played again we would hang those numbers on them again. Fort is working it out for sure. We would beat them I feel sure but it would be a better game in my opinion. That being said by 6 or 60 winnings winning and we will take it any way we can get it. G.W. and Parry McCluer should be a great game I wish your health was better so you could maybe get to see the game.

Hey Blaster
how about you hook Chilwar up with a press box pass for Friday night so he can come and not be in the cold. I know you got connections.

Just like g master blaster w said there is not anyone who can match up to gw! I watch the gw and Galax game, if he don't turn the ball over inside the 5 yard line going in to score a few times it's a different game! I see it being a good game but GW winning 42 to 21! I watch rural retreat shut Nelson down last year in the playoffs and GW IS FAR MORE ATHLETIC! Hope the other backs for pm come to play I'll be there to watch a great football game!
Really?????...you gonna compare AUBURN's line to PM...com on maaaan....

Chilwar,

You let Blaster know if you think you can make it. I hate for you to miss it if your up to it. Your love and knowledge of the game shows in your posts. Never put your health at risk though.

Hey guys, I appreciate your thoughts, but I have been having breathing problems
And I just finished a breathing treatment. This cold weather works on my Ole body. I doubt
Very much I could get out, but you just thinking of me tells me a lot about the
Character of you both , Naildriver and Blaster. It is people, like you guys that make
Life a little more easier for the elderly and disadvantage folks in our country.
God says we will be judged by what is in our hearts, and our willingness to do for
Others, and your names will be placed in God's Book of Life. Thank you, My Friends

You take care of you first and foremost. Tune in on the radio and follow along. Shucks that may be the best seat anyway. Warm house no lines at the concessions no line to the bathroom.... Heck I better shut up won't be anybody at the game....haha like that would happen with these two teams fan base. Seriously take care of your health. God bless you and yours.

This GW team is absolutely one of the BEST teams to some out of SWVA in a very long time. I promise you they are without question the most talented team left in 1A.

This GW team is absolutely one of the BEST teams to some out of SWVA in a very long time. I promise you they are without question the most talented team left in 1A.

Insanity and a complete loss of respect when ignorant statements are made. Last year's Galax team is better and this Galax team is also better. The FC team three years ago that got upset in the playoffs was better. I think Hurley this year and last year is better. There are 5 teams right there that are better and that's not even, "a long time." Like I wrote, GW is very good, but to write "the best team to come out of SWVA in a very long time" is absolute foolishness.

This is one you will not get me to change my opinion on. This GW team is absolutely amazing the depth and talent they have is crazy. This team could and would beat all 5 of those teams when they are on. No disrespect to Hurley but GW would have hung it on them badly! This year and last year. Galax is not better this year yeah they won round 1 but if we meet up again GW will win. We are the most talented team left and the most improved. And these next few weeks will show that. I'm not the only one who has that view on GW. Roons has been watching GW football for 30+ years and this is one of the best teams we've ever had EVER! This team would handle our 2012 team by 2 maybe 3 tds imo. But you clearly have your opinion and I have mine. But let's see what the next couple weeks hold.

Insanity and a complete loss of respect when ignorant statements are made. Last year's Galax team is better and this Galax team is also better. The FC team three years ago that got upset in the playoffs was better. I think Hurley this year and last year is better. There are 5 teams right there that are better and that's not even, "a long time." Like I wrote, GW is very good, but to write "the best team to come out of SWVA in a very long time" is absolute foolishness.
That FC team from 3 years ago was definitely not upset. Essex was the #1 seed in the East and beat FC 37-13. FC scored first but after that it was all Essex. FC had nobody that could contain the speed of Essex. Definitely a good team but also not an upset.

That FC from three years ago was a good team but in no way shape or form was the game against Essex an upset win for Essex. The Trojans were the #1 seed and won 37-13. Certainly not the score I'd consider an upset by. FC scored first but after that it was all Essex. They simply had no answer for the speed of Essex. So yes a good FC team but definitely not one who was upset by Essex

I have a few thoughts:

1). Can we cut it with the 4.4 crap? Do people not realize how uncommon that speed is?? Like GK said, the kid from Blacksburg, has legit 4.4 speed. I don't even think the guy from Graham does. Big difference between hitting a baseball 350 and 420 feet. Lots of high schoolers can pop one 350. Very few eclipse 420. Same goes for speed here. I think we can all pretty much agree on that.

2). I believe George Wythe is the most talented team remaining this year. However, to make the statement "this is the best team to come out of SWVA in years" is foolish for a couple of reasons. One, talent does not make a team. Coaching, chemistry, luck, etc all come into play when describing a team. If we are going to talk about the most talented talented teams, sure put them in there with 2013? Radford 2011 Galax (far more talented across the board than last years) neither of whom won state titles btw. Let's also not be near sighted and lose site of how many kids in the past five years from this area are contributing successfully collegiately. It's a ton. So let's just pump the brakes a bit before we make blatant statements like that.

3). I believe Fort Chiswell is playing with the most heart of anyone remaining. They appear to have a chip and will be a tough out for anyone they face. However I also believe they are the least talented team left.

4) Galax is the most well coached team remaining but probably about where Fort Chiswell is talent wise. They have great line play and a solid QB/RBs. They are not exceptional. Interested to see the adjustments They make against Fort. I believe firmly coaching>talent every single time. That was obvious vs GW. I don't think they repeat, but it wouldn't surprise me.

5). I think the only team from the west who can touch riverheads is Galax. Simply I believe they are the only team with the coaching knowledge to stop Riverheads offense. If the seeding is what I think it is the final four will be

Reactions: Arnsparger
That's a fair assessment but the only advantage PM will have over GW is coaching. And with the way Harner has been improving that won't be much of an advantage. My personal opinion is that this GW team should win it all. But only time will tell.

I have a few thoughts:

1). Can we cut it with the 4.4 crap? Do people not realize how uncommon that speed is?? Like GK said, the kid from Blacksburg, has legit 4.4 speed. I don't even think the guy from Graham does. Big difference between hitting a baseball 350 and 420 feet. Lots of high schoolers can pop one 350. Very few eclipse 420. Same goes for speed here. I think we can all pretty much agree on that.

2). I believe George Wythe is the most talented team remaining this year. However, to make the statement "this is the best team to come out of SWVA in years" is foolish for a couple of reasons. One, talent does not make a team. Coaching, chemistry, luck, etc all come into play when describing a team. If we are going to talk about the most talented talented teams, sure put them in there with 2013? Radford 2011 Galax (far more talented across the board than last years) neither of whom won state titles btw. Let's also not be near sighted and lose site of how many kids in the past five years from this area are contributing successfully collegiately. It's a ton. So let's just pump the brakes a bit before we make blatant statements like that.

3). I believe Fort Chiswell is playing with the most heart of anyone remaining. They appear to have a chip and will be a tough out for anyone they face. However I also believe they are the least talented team left.

4) Galax is the most well coached team remaining but probably about where Fort Chiswell is talent wise. They have great line play and a solid QB/RBs. They are not exceptional. Interested to see the adjustments They make against Fort. I believe firmly coaching>talent every single time. That was obvious vs GW. I don't think they repeat, but it wouldn't surprise me.

5). I think the only team from the west who can touch riverheads is Galax. Simply I believe they are the only team with the coaching knowledge to stop Riverheads offense. If the seeding is what I think it is the final four will be

I agree with #1 completely except that Taymon Cooke from Graham was clocked at 4.47 at the Blue-Grey All American combine last spring.

Reactions: Arnsparger
I don't know if that's true I watched with my own eyes the kid from graham run a 4.5 something and he is by far faster than moss from gw! And there is a kid from Blacksburg that I've heard runs a 4.4 or something like that but man that is really fast you have to think look at the combine from last year there was not that many wide outs that ran 4.4s! So hands on seen the guy from graham and he is the fastest kid around! And that fc team from a few years was good but the Galax team from 2011-12 would have beaten them Galax team from last year! And with gw the team in 2011 would have killed the 2012 state champs! But I really think this gw is one of the best they have had in a while! You have to think gw has been good at football consistently for what 20 years? And in all of my watching football have never seen a team with such depth and they are playing with a chip or mad man! They are flying around a whole lot different than they used to! It will be a state semis rematch like I have said before if gw can get past Sussex and pm!

Hey son, you got your opinion, and I've got mine. I seen more football games and teams
Than you have sunrises. We will just leave it at that and I don't like being referred to as "insane
and ignorant ". You need some manners when you express your opinions, and what I said
Was , my opinions, not yours. You Have a nice day!

Last edited:
This GW team is very good, but I wouldn't call them one of the best out of SWVA in awhile. Again, very good, but not that caliber. I believe Sussex has the most talent left, GW is a close second though.

Hey folks, some of us guys have been on this site since August, postings about our teams
And others. I think that I can say that we have respected each others opinions without
Making fun of another persons opinion, or calling them names, or referring to them as
Being foolish or insane. To say something of that nature about someone's opinion is
Out of line, in my opinion. I respect the opinions of others, even though I might not agree.
That was the way I was taught, to value the opinions of others, and show respect.

It seems we have gotten away from that thought now, and some have started degrading
Others opinions, with brash statements of their own, and making fun of other opinions.
In my opinion, this site has no place for that type of posting. Respect is a two way street,
You respect my opinions, and I will respect yours. And name calling is something adults
Do not do on social media sites.

Hey folks, some of us guys have been on this site since August, postings about our teams
And others. I think that I can say that we have respected each others opinions without
Making fun of another persons opinion, or calling them names, or referring to them as
Being foolish or insane. To say something of that nature about someone's opinion is
Out of line, in my opinion. I respect the opinions of others, even though I might not agree.
That was the way I was taught, to value the opinions of others, and show respect.

It seems we have gotten away from that thought now, and some have started degrading
Others opinions, with brash statements of their own, and making fun of other opinions.
In my opinion, this site has no place for that type of posting. Respect is a two way street,
You respect my opinions, and I will respect yours. And name calling is something adults
Do not do on social media sites.[/You're right about a lot of us being on here since August and most have been respectful. I've been an active member of this board for over 10 years and I've never seen this much disrespect shown. Also Chilwar if you look at a lot of the posters who are disrespectful some hardly ever posted until here recently and some have just joined in the last week or so. That is where the problem lies. Not with the old posters but a lot of the new ones who just get on here to stir stuff up. I wish Preps was like Facebook so you could block the people you didn't want to see. Lol

Reactions: naildriver91
Agreed these last few weeks have been ridiculous!!!! Hard to believe these people claim to be adults. Discussion is one thing but all this crap getting slung around sounds like a bunch of third grade kids to me.There are rules to these boards. Most of which are being broken on every thread.

Agreed these last few weeks have been ridiculous!!!! Hard to believe these people claim to be adults. Discussion is one thing but all this crap getting slung around sounds like a bunch of third grade kids to me.There are rules to these boards. Most of which are being broken on every thread.
I agree man so let's get this back on track. How do you see this one playing out? Hell maybe you've already given your thoughts in depth but it'll at least get it headed the right way.

Opinions belong to the person giving them and are no one else's business. UNLESS you post them on social media. Then it is open to a rebuttal. So if you can't handle the rebuttal, don't post your opinions, and if you do and don't like what people have to say about it. Don't read it!!!!! I just dropped the mic and walked off. LoL!!!!!

Opinions are one thing but some of these people act like complete a$$es. I'd be embarrassed if someone from my school acted this way. You and I may not always agree Fort89 but you've been around for awhile and even you don't act like some of the ones I've seen recently. I may not always agree with Blaster but I respect his opinion and I think he respects mine as well. Nothing wrong with discussion but when it comes to insulting other posters or schools then that's ridiculous. Chilwar in my opinion is one of the most knowledgeable and respectful people on these boards and for someone to disrespect him is uncalled for. Again just my two cents.

Reactions: naildriver91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT