ADVERTISEMENT

PM vs GW

Opinions are one thing but some of these people act like complete a$$es. I'd be embarrassed if someone from my school acted this way. You and I may not always agree Fort89 but you've been around for awhile and even you don't act like some of the ones I've seen recently. I may not always agree with Blaster but I respect his opinion and I think he respects mine as well. Nothing wrong with discussion but when it comes to insulting other posters or schools then that's ridiculous. Chilwar in my opinion is one of the most knowledgeable and respectful people on these boards and for someone to disrespect him is uncalled for. Again just my two cents.
Yes I do my man and you're completely correct Chilwar is the resident Legend. He has been around this game longer than I've been alive and probably many other on here. He has forgotten more about this game than 99% of people will ever know.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
While I agree we should all show respect, I don't believe just because someone has lived longer means they know more. Again, I am all for respect, yet we just can't assume people know a lot about the game because they are older than some. I would have to RESPECTFULLY disagree that this year's GW is one of the best out of SWVA in awhile.

How about everyone state their own opinion and not worry about everyone else's? That should clear up all this crap.

Reactions: oldballcoach13
I don't think he was referring to the opinions being the problem. The problem is the blatant disrespect shown by some.

Reactions: naildriver91
Blaster,
I feel this game gets won or lost on the line.
Blues have played lights out on D pretty much all season. O gets attention in 1A but in my opinon our D has been the game changers. You cant score you cant win I know you think we haven't seen a line as big as y'all but we have. Covington was huge but they had no depth. Blues wore them down and then ran around them through them and yes even passed on them a couple times. My personnel opinion is Covington could have easily been a 6 or even 5 seed school. The Wheeler boys Lydell Elliott Cole Walker there all ball players Jeremy Nelson is every bit the beast people are saying he is. Kj doesn't get near the attention he deserves. Easily one of the most gifted athletes I have ever seen in high school ball. That young man can play any position you put him at and make it look easy. Marcellus Dawson has a big shadow to fill and he does it very well. Claytor has rolled into the Q position and plays like a seasoned Sr.
Eli well Eli has been my favorite to watch this year kid plays with the heart of a Lion. He doesn't care how big you are he will meet you in the middle and set you on your donkey.
As far as the out come I will of course go with my Blues in a low scoring shootout. The Blues will approach this like every game leading up to this one. We will do our best to shut down the running game and look to put pressure on Beamer. Force him to throw on the run or take him down for a loss. If our D can force a couple turnovers and control our penalties (our biggest weakness) in my opinion. I believe our O will find a way into the endzone.

Hey guys, I appreciate all the kind words from the folks I have gotten to know over the
Past 4-5 months on this site. Some of you I have known for several years. As for the
The kind words, I certainly can say the same thing to a lot of you. Some time our emotions
Run high, and often things are said when in ordinary times, when those same words would
Not be uttered about someone or something at another time.
We must remember that we are on here talking about children, high school kids. We as
Adults owe it to them to set our standards high, for them to look up to us, and not act
In a way that they would emulate for the sake of an opinion.
The best advice I could give would be to tone down the rhetoric in the post being made,
Realizing that children are reading these post. It has been a very good high school football
Season for us all. Let's keep it that way, and end it on a high note, just like it started in
August. I sincerely thank all of you, and May God Richly Bless each one of you, your
Teams, and your families. Thanks, My Friends

I don't think he was referring to the opinions being the problem. The problem is the blatant disrespect shown by some.

Exactly kwhs95,
I will discuss football all night long. We all know Parry McCluer will be the underdog from here on out. Doesn't mean anything to me. I have seen what can happen when a team is underestimated. I haven't seen GW play so that's why I didn't go into a lot of detail on the actual game. I simply don't know what they are capable of. I have seen Riverheads twice this year and I tell you right now. I don't know if we could beat them but we for sure can play with them this year. The only place they would hold an advantage is in there clean play. Very few penalties. That's been killing us all season. And yes I know that is a huge part of the game.

I've seen all the teams remaining and honestly if any of the 8 win it wouldn't totally surprise me. Some maybe a little more than others but each team left is a really good team. I honestly don't know who will be in Salem in a few weeks much less who I think will win it. I have been high on PM all season as I think they are built for playoff football. But so are other teams. Riverheads is indeed a well oiled machine. Nothing fancy at all but they play strong defense and run their offense with precision. It is going to be some great games played over the next few weeks and whatever team wins it will definitely have earned it

That's a fair assessment naildriver and that's a solid game plan. I will say that's one good thing about GW we don't rely on run or pass. Our run game is our go to but the passing game is amazing. Beamer has 24 tds and only 3 ints and 2 of those came in 1 game. And I'm almost positive GW will be the biggest, fastest and deepest team PM will have seen to this point. Our depth and size are extremely rare at the 1A level. Almost all of our line are 3 year starters which is a huge asset. GW fans are spoiled this year with what we have. But with all of that I have no doubt PM will give us there best like you said I have to pick GW and you have to pick PM. I think the fans and how much this game means to all the kids will make this one the place to be.

This is an open forum so people are going to agree to disagree. I read back through the posts and I don't think the guy was actually referring to Chilwar. I may be totally wrong on that point.

That's a fair prediction and I know you and me have went at each other all season. But congrats on a great season.
I hope to be there Friday, going to be a great game in my opinion. I will try to look you up if I make it to the game. Maybe we can argue about who would of won if Hurley could have made it. Best of luck to both teams.

Hey guys, I appreciate your thoughts, but I have been having breathing problems
And I just finished a breathing treatment. This cold weather works on my Ole body. I doubt
Very much I could get out, but you just thinking of me tells me a lot about the
Character of you both , Naildriver and Blaster. It is people, like you guys that make
Life a little more easier for the elderly and disadvantage folks in our country.
God says we will be judged by what is in our hearts, and our willingness to do for
Others, and your names will be placed in God's Book of Life. Thank you, My Friends

Why doesn't he park on the track? I can get him a pass.

Maroons67,

I think from what I read between the lines. Chiwar's health is the issue more so then the cold weather. I forget sometimes that even things we do everday and think nothing of can be a tall chore for others with health problems. I have no doubt he will be following on the radio and will share his thoughts on the game with us afterwards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT