ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Oregon vs Ohio State

Re: That's a pathetic attitude .......

I will admit it burns my butt when a player rejects VT. I realize it's part of football, but I still do not like it.

I recall a UVA player who was complaining about losing so much. Had he went to VT het would not have lost as much and he would have gone bowling every year. Not to mention had he gone to VT, VT may have been a better team.

Re: That's a pathetic attitude .......

Not liking it but, maintaining reasonable perspective and acting like an adult are not mutually exclusive positions on the matter, in my opinion.

Re: Good observations

Everyone should eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they're my favorite. Anyone who eats another kind of sandwich is an idiot.

Originally posted by mike salem:
Everyone should eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they're my favorite. Anyone who eats another kind of sandwich is an idiot.
I like the logic of how players should go to VT instead of UVa so that they can go to bowl games, but then completely not understanding why players go to Ohio State, Alabama and Florida State to go to the BIG bowl games.

Well what kid in their right mind would want to go to Alabama with potential to go to 4 national playoff games when they could go to VT and play in the toilet bowl 4x.

I have no objections to someone going to Alabama, but to Tennessee or other ACC schools(other than FSU)......................................................................

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

I read a story in newspaper yesterday, that 2, 3, or 4 years ago, the NCAA President Mark Emmertt stated that NCAA was going to crack down on schools that cheat. After he said this, the first 2 schools to get caught was Ohio State and Oregon. The NCAA basically did nothing to either school. Jim Kelly fled to NFL, Jim Tressel fled Ohio State. They knew they'd been caught.
Now, look who's in championship game. The NCAA should have banned both schools from bowl games for several years, and issued other saunctions to insure both schools were not a threat for NCAA championship for years to come. As it is, NCAA did nothing to penalize them.
Actually, Ohio State was penalized in the tatoos for Jersey's incident. They were not Bowl eligible in 2012 and lost scholarships. FYI, Ohio State also averages about 40 self reported recruiting rules violations per year across the board for their 30 Division I sports. The Ducks lost scholarships and are still under a 3 year probation that lasts through July 2016.

It would be nice to see VT and UVA get the big recruits they have been missing out on lately, but honestly I am completely for players going out of state to school if they have the offers for a free ride. It's such a great opportunity to get out and experience another part of the country and that extra $$$ for out of state tuition isn't a factor.

I love Virginia and will always be my favorite state but if I had those offers to go elsewhere in the country it would be hard to stay home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT