ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Richmond Region Lock

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
Richmond Region teams almost always struggle to beat the teams from the north. That said, which team do you feel strongest about winning this weekend?

Of the three I voted Thomas Dale defeating Riverbend. They've been consistent every week and their only two losses were close and at the beginning of the season against good teams.

It seemed like Cosby started the season off strong but started losing some games in the second half of the regular season. I see this game as going either way but I think Forest Park will rebound this week with their passing attack and beat Cosby.

I watched some hudl highlights of James River and they look like team with decent size and big-play capability at the skilled positions. What's the story on them? I think Hylton will win this game but maybe not by a huge margin.

This post was edited on 11/12 5:03 PM by GurskyT

I really feel Thomas Dale has gotten better as the season has progressed. If Dale were to play those two now, they would win.

As for Cosby, they did start strong but early on aside from Thomas Dale they really didn't have any of the better teams on their schedule. Their toughest part of the schedule was the second half and obviously that didn't go so well losing four out of five.

Your assessment of James River is just about right. They like Cosby struggled against the heavyweights of the district such as Bird, Manchester and Monacan. Their only other loss was to Douglas Freeman 13-17 in a game that went right down to the wire. They could have easily been 7-3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT