ADVERTISEMENT

News Poquoson has forfeited game vs. York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were you way up the thread when people were saying ridiculously racist things?
Honestly, I was letting people let their true colors show and staying out of a situation that I knew absolutely nothing about. When I got tired of the pettiness, I decided to say something. That's all. Now, this was last week. What's done is done. We've still got a long way to go, obviously. Time wounds all heels. :D

For discussion, I think it's an absolute joke that you would suggest an "outreach" which further fuels exactly what some want this to be, and that's for this to not end, and for it to be made a huge issue. It's about approximately 5-7 kids who are teenagers which acted foolish and did wrong and need to be punished hard, but the opportunity at politicizing the situation is just to great for some with a certain ideology that is an ideology not of true peace and being together, but at true hatred and bigotry and division. Some adults out there in my opinion are absolutely no different then the few kids that did what they did. They want an issue. They want it to be bigger than what it is, and that is equally sad.

Community Outreach? Good lordy man.

5-7 kids - you've got no clue. There is a long history of this type of behavior and sweeping things under the rug long before social media (sort of like Parrot down your way). I don't know what outreach in the community would look like or how to change the perception and reality - that's why I asked the question. This has 0 place in our society and all I did was ask a question.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

This is a great opportunity for that community to shed that negative label that hovers over them. Truth hurts. I see no problem in outreach if you WANT to change.

Reactions: schoolboard
Outreach for the entire city of Poquoson. Go figure the leftists would want that. Meanwhile they look the other way when it comes to to issues in schools in cities like Richmond, Norfolk and Portsmouth. Wanna talk about real issues? Lets talk about the DC and Baltimore schools systems. The poor kids in those areas do not stand a chance thanks to the leftist policies that have been implemented there (and ruined their schools).

Guys I know you mean well, but the players were disciplined and thats that. End of story. No need for an entire season to be halted and as I said, if there is retaliation then the players and/or coaches doing the retaliating need to be disciplined as well.

I know nothing about this situation. And I so wish that it hadn't have turned political on here.

But I don't get how when any subject comes up (not just on here), people just assume that because of their position they are on one "side". And I would bet that some of these assumptions are wrong.

So please fellas (and ladies if there are any) let's get back to football instead of making this great game political

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT