ADVERTISEMENT

Possible tie in power points by 2 undefeated team

Sep 5, 2019
I heard today that if King George wins and Louisa wins they could be tied in power points. Since they are both undefeated, who would be top rated team? Does it go to strength of schedule or what?

68-4-8 Regional Playoff Representation-There shall be four regions for each clas- sification consisting of no more than 8 playoff teams in each region.
(1) District champions will not automatically advance to the regional playoffs. All ties, including seeding ties, between or among any teams eligible to participate in the regional play-off series shall be resolved by applying the following provisions in the order listed:
(a) The Rating Scale-Considering all regular season games played against public and non-public Virginia schools and scheduled in accordance with the provisions of 68-4-6.
(b) The winner of any games between the two tied teams if only the tied teams are involved. If more than two teams tied, and one of the tied teams beat all other tied teams, that team shall advance.
(c) The team with the better record against all common opponents.
(d) A team that played an opponent with an effective nine (9) game schedule (non-recognized opponent, i.e., home school or out-of-state non-public school, or inability to schedule/play a 10th game) shall be seeded ahead of a school whose opponents play 10 game schedules.
(e) Schools that played an opponent with nine-game schedules shall be seeded ahead of opponents who played 10-game schedules.
(f) The team with the highest winning percentage against rating scale- recognized opponents.
(g) The team with the higher average rating of all of each team's opponents.
(h) The team with the higher average rating of all of each team's VHSL public and VHSL non-public school opponents.
(i) The regional chairman, or his/her alternate if his/her school is involved, shall draw by lot to determine the playoff representative.
(j) The group chairman or vice chairman if the chairman's school is involved, shall draw by lot to determine the playoff representative. Should both the group chair and vice chair be involved in the tie the group secretary would oversee the process.
(2) The rating scale will be used to determine the regional representation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT