ADVERTISEMENT

Post your schedule.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
If you have knowledge of your school's football schedule for this fall, please post it here. The official VHSL schedule will be later than usual this year, (sometime after June 30). So, let's hear about yours now.

Reactions: tommythecpa
On Max Preps they used to have easy access to past season records and other information. Either I'm not savey enough to find it, or it is not available anymore. Your help would be appreciated.

On Max Preps they used to have easy access to past season records and other information. Either I'm not savey enough to find it, or it is not available anymore. Your help would be appreciated.
You can still get past yrs. There's a small football on the left just below the team name. Next to it is v football and a drop down icon. Click on icon and it brings up past yrs.
Preps is definitely not user friendly

Not sure about the order but non District
Games for GW are

William Fleming (Benefit Game)
Dinwiddie
Amherst
Glass
Nation Ford SC
Halifax
Magna Vista
Bassett
Tunstall
Patrick County
Martinsville
Nation Ford is a shorter trip than Lake Taylor

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
GW schedules interestingly, at least. On the surface they should be able to pick up that W against Nation Ford. Bigger HS but, of course, that doesn't automatically mean better football.

GW schedules interestingly, at least. On the surface they should be able to pick up that W against Nation Ford. Bigger HS but, of course, that doesn't automatically mean better football.
Nation Ford is no slouch and no automatic win. They lost to Gaffney who is always a top team in SC 41-40 last fall. If I’m not mistaken, GW will get points for 6A by playing NF.

I was critical of GW this past spring but they have one of the better schedules they’ve had in a long time. Amherst, Dinwiddie, and Bassett will all be top 5 in their region this year and Nation Ford will be a playoff team in SC. Glass and Magna Vista will be much improved and it’s always a good match up. GW, realistically, will be a favorite to come out of 4D this year.

Also, the WF benefit game is big. So glad GW took that Dan River game away. Did absolutely nothing. I’m all for GW/Dan River on the basketball court yearly, but not football.

Last edited:
Try fourseasonsfootball.com/va.html pretty.comprehensive account of prior season records for VA schools. Also has a lot of TN/WV schools

Fourseasonsfootball

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Nation Ford is no slouch and no automatic win. They lost to Gaffney who is always a top team in SC 41-40 last fall. If I’m not mistaken, GW will get points for 6A by playing NF.

I was critical of GW this past spring but they have one of the better schedules they’ve had in a long time. Amherst, Dinwiddie, and Bassett will all be top 5 in their region this year and Nation Ford will be a playoff team in SC. Glass and Magna Vista will be much improved and it’s always a good match up. GW, realistically, will be a favorite to come out of 4D this year.

Also, the WF benefit game is big. So glad GW took that Dan River game away. Did absolutely nothing. I’m all for GW/Dan River on the basketball court yearly, but not football.

Nation Ford seems to hang around that 6-8 win territory most of the time and give you a good season or two every ten years which is well, typical of most HS teams. GW has easily had a more successful recent history than them (past decade or so), wouldn't let them hanging around Gaffney (who waxes and wanes a bit themselves) tell you much about Nation Ford, GW will likely have little issue. And yes, with their enrollment numbers you'll probably be looking at 6A points.

Nation Ford seems to hang around that 6-8 win territory most of the time and give you a good season or two every ten years which is well, typical of most HS teams. GW has easily had a more successful recent history than them (past decade or so), wouldn't let them hanging around Gaffney (who waxes and wanes a bit themselves) tell you much about Nation Ford, GW will likely have little issue. And yes, with their enrollment numbers you'll probably be looking at 6A points.
You are more than likely right about all of that but you do know Gaffney has won 17 state championships in South Carolina? They are always apart of the state championship talk. I know nothing about Nation Ford but I do know about that corridor of SC with Gaffney, Dorman, Byrnes, TL Hanna.. They’re always good. College level facilities and their head coaches bring in about $80k annually, which is probably $10-15k less than places like Dutch Fork, Myrtle Beach, Dillion… Big time high school football.

Yes, they have 17 but they're not really always "on" in recent years, especially not in comparison to some of the other schools you've mentioned (and Dutch Fork, probably the biggest consistent program in SC now). 5 titles from 1927-1934, 5 from 1960-1965, 1 in the 80s, 2 in the 90s, 3 in the 00s, 1 in the 10s. They've had as many sub-.500 seasons as state titles in the last decade. So when they're on they're quite good but they've posted some very average to below-average seasons, especially in recent times.

Just for some reference, from 2010-2021:

Gaffney: 97-43 (69%), 1 state title, 1 .500 season, 1 sub-.500 season

GW: 90-33 (73%), 0 state titles, 1 .500 season, 0 sub-.500 seasons

Nation Ford: 56-56 (50%), 0 state titles, 2 .500 seasons, 2 sub-.500 seasons

Telling you, you overinflate programs because they're "traditionally" good and underinflate GW. For a program with 17 state titles, GW spent the last year performing remarkably similar to them. The fact they let a perennial .500 school almost beat them should kind of speak to all that.

Yes, they have 17 but they're not really always "on" in recent years, especially not in comparison to some of the other schools you've mentioned (and Dutch Fork, probably the biggest consistent program in SC now). 5 titles from 1927-1934, 5 from 1960-1965, 1 in the 80s, 2 in the 90s, 3 in the 00s, 1 in the 10s. They've had as many sub-.500 seasons as state titles in the last decade. So when they're on they're quite good but they've posted some very average to below-average seasons, especially in recent times.

Just for some reference, from 2010-2021:

Gaffney: 97-43 (69%), 1 state title, 1 .500 season, 1 sub-.500 season

GW: 90-33 (73%), 0 state titles, 1 .500 season, 0 sub-.500 seasons

Nation Ford: 56-56 (50%), 0 state titles, 2 .500 seasons, 2 sub-.500 seasons

Telling you, you overinflate programs because they're "traditionally" good and underinflate GW. For a program with 17 state titles, GW spent the last year performing remarkably similar to them. The fact they let a perennial .500 school almost beat them should kind of speak to all that.
I never underinflated GW or compared them to Gaffney.. Don’t know where you got that from.

GW will have one of the better teams in Class 4 this fall with all of the returning talent they have. If they can learn to adjust their game plan, I believe they could make a run like King George did this spring. Easier said than done though.

Last edited:
I never underinflated GW or compared them to Gaffney.. Don’t know where you got that from.

GW will have one of the better teams in Class 4 this fall with all of the returning talent they have. If they can learn to adjust their game plan, I believe they could make a run like King George did this spring. Easier said than done though.

Whatever, man. Gaffney is an unstoppable powerhouse in the ultra-elite state of SC football and Nation Ford might be right behind them. Whatever you say. Nation Ford, a career sub-.500 program, is a budding monster and GW will be lucky to escape that viper's pit.

Whatever, man. Gaffney is an unstoppable powerhouse in the ultra-elite state of SC football and Nation Ford might be right behind them. Whatever you say. Nation Ford, a career sub-.500 program, is a budding monster and GW will be lucky to escape that viper's pit.
Dawg you’re always on some other shit.. Never said any of that. Gaffney is a solid program and I judged that Nation Ford (I know absolutely nothing about them) must be pretty solid to play them close. Gaffney went 6-1 this year and was one of the top teams in SC before losing to Hanna (the state runner up) in the state playoff. Get out of your feelings.

Reactions: LionNation540
If you don’t believe how big football is in South Carolina, read it for yourself, onemorecrybaby. These are Texas salaries. Is Nation Ford on the level of the Myrtle Beach’s, Northwestern’s, Hanna’s, Dutch Fork’s? Nope, not even close, but this a great opportunity for the Danville boys none the less.

Doing a little research on Bleacher Report; NC and SC ranked #10 and #5 in terms of football talent in College Football. Have to give some love to NC ranking #12 on the list on K-12 in terms of public education while sadly SC comes in at #42 according to US News. Either way the Carolina boys can ball!

Doing a little research on Bleacher Report; NC and SC ranked #10 and #5 in terms of football talent in College Football. Have to give some love to NC ranking #12 on the list on K-12 in terms of public education while sadly SC comes in at #42 according to US News. Either way the Carolina boys can ball!
I’m not as familiar with the SC boys like I am NC, but you are 100% correct. Those localities invest so much into those programs down there. A good of those high school stadiums in SC are better than a lot of FCS programs’ stadiums.

Dawg you’re always on some other shit.. Never said any of that. Gaffney is a solid program and I judged that Nation Ford (I know absolutely nothing about them) must be pretty solid to play them close. Gaffney went 6-1 this year and was one of the top teams in SC before losing to Hanna (the state runner up) in the state playoff. Get out of your feelings.

Right, you took one tiny data point and from that extrapolated that Nation Ford "is no slouch", you talked completely out of your rear and tried to prop up a punching bag program as some big test when, as I stated, a much better GW team not only should roll them but you'd expect nothing but against a program with a sub-.500 record. We all know the only time GW folds is when Salem stomps them anyway, right?

And lmao @ posting those salaries. I know what Mags made in little ol' Salem, that list isn't wowing me.

Right, you took one tiny data point and from that extrapolated that Nation Ford "is no slouch", you talked completely out of your rear and tried to prop up a punching bag program as some big test when, as I stated, a much better GW team not only should roll them but you'd expect nothing but against a program with a sub-.500 record. We all know the only time GW folds is when Salem stomps them anyway, right?

And lmao @ posting those salaries. I know what Mags made in little ol' Salem, that list isn't wowing me.
You’re an angry sad case. Go get help. @mmqp 4.0 come get this little wimpy acting boy..

• Haha
Reactions: mmqp 4.0
You’re an angry sad case. Go get help. @mmqp 4.0 come get this little wimpy acting boy..
You're talking to the wrong one. He'll be too busy cooking up conspiracy theories and mumbling lies to himself. He's like a barky yappy "guard dog" that doesn't guard a damn thing.

1morehokie in a 2nd round out of 12 TKO. Live look:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
You're talking to the wrong one. He'll be too busy cooking up conspiracy theories and mumbling lies to himself. He's like a barky yappy "guard dog" that doesn't guard a damn thing.

tenor.gif
Onemoretempertantrum couldn’t bust a grape in a fruit fight. Maybe he’ll go cry to Mike and Iron Mike handles it for him, like Mike always does!

Looks like there has been somewhat of an exodus for coaches in NC migrating to SC in recent years to get paid.
Dutch Fork’s Coach Tom Knotts left Charlotte Independence where he won like 120+ straight games and he’s won 4 straight SC state titles. He’s getting paid well over $100k. Coach Aaron Brand, Halifax County native, left Charlotte Vance a few years back and is making over $100k at Irmo. I’m sure it’s others but these are facts to back up your statement!

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Not sure about the order but non District
Games for GW are

William Fleming (Benefit Game)
Dinwiddie
Amherst
Glass
Nation Ford SC
Halifax
Magna Vista
Bassett
Tunstall
Patrick County
Martinsville
Is that Amherst game away or at home?

tenor.gif
One things for sure, you'd be in his corner giving him a massage between rounds. You follow him around like a little puppy on here lol.

One things for sure, you'd be in his corner giving him a massage between rounds. You follow him around like a little puppy on here lol.
Y’all are hilarious man 😂 LionNation is my brother in real life! He’s a good dude, I know you two go back and forth but Hoos is really good people! 1morehissyfit on the other hand.. They should take 3 of Salem’s rings 😂

Y’all are hilarious man 😂 LionNation is my brother in real life! He’s a good dude, I know you two go back and forth but Hoos is really good people! 1morehissyfit on the other hand.. They should take 3 of Salem’s rings 😂
Man you werent lying when you mentioned about a year ago the protection Salem fans get on here. The amount of warnings I've had sent direct to my inbox by a certain admin in my various inceptions when confronting 1morehokie on his BS is laughable.

Messing with him has been the one thing that keeps me coming back.

• Haha
Man you werent lying when you mentioned about a year ago the protection Salem fans get on here. The amount of warnings I've had sent direct to my inbox by a certain admin in my various inceptions when confronting 1morehokie on his BS is laughable.

Him and that Spartanoftheyore guy are the worst. Cry about absolutely everything, talk shit and hide behind those screen names. Internet tough guys. The other Salem fans are cool and respectful. If you judged how those bad apples acted on here, you’d think the whole Salem fan base acted that way.. In fact, Salem’s fans are some of the best fans you’ll come into contact with. Very good people up that way.

GW has not had any horrible seasons since 1963. In the wildcard era GW has never finished more than 2 places out of the playoffs.

Mike hasn’t been mod for a while though.. I know how it feels when people blame you for things and people don’t stick up for you. I’m sure 1more5-7seasoninblacksburg is reporting this all and whoever moderates will take it down.

Reactions: mmqp 4.0
You stay projecting. Run along, your alpha boo Jake needs his hourly massage.

Snapchat-1615698627.jpg

You're the guy who claims to know dozens of people with the 'Rona, all tubed up and whatnot. Did you ever call your friend who caught it last spring stupid?

And a reminder that you went from "Stay at home guise" to "we need to burn this city down" when it suited you.

Mike hasn’t been mod for a while though.. I know how it feels when people blame you for things and people don’t stick up for you. I’m sure 1more5-7seasoninblacksburg is reporting this all and whoever moderates will take it down.
True. In recent times I've been getting "you've been blacklisted" emails from another M on here.

But I'd say my first two or three names were taken out by Mike for really saying nothing other than jawing with Salems goofball and Lion. Moe and Curley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT