ADVERTISEMENT

POWER POINTS-1A WEST

GKKING

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 10, 2004
Last night just looking at George Wythe and Hurley if they both win out, GW will finish in number one spot just between the 2 of them. Didn't look at PM or Galax. Even gave GW minimum points from Marion, Galax and Fort wins for rest of season(only gave them one win apiece rest of season). If Galax, Fort and Marion fall flat on there face could get tight. If I were a Hurley fan I would be rooting against those 3 and Radford.

Now if galax, gw. hurley and pm win out, you could be looking at Galax 1, GW 2, Hurley 3, and PM 4-6. Galax has tough game tonight. . When I look at future schedules I don't figure for any upsets like Eastside over Union, etc. If the game is a toss up, I figure it as a loss and don't give points or give the slightly favorite 1 or 2 points(depending on whether your team beat them or lost to them). Figuring for Galax example , Glenvar, Giles, Graham and GW should win out and Rural Retreat highly likely should beat Holston and Northwood, figured for just one more win for Radford and 2 for Fort.

Last edited:
Galax and GW will be tight if both win out. One or two upsets can change their points enough to change their seeding.

now to Parry McCluer . Craig will give them nothing extra , St Jackson more than likely nothing extra, Nelson may give them 2 pts and Rockbridge has gotten better but their best chance to win is tonight at Northside. The Auburn and Radford game is huge(as far as Fort/PM). Fort may actually outpoint them if they just loose to graham. If Chilhowie beats PH than Chilhowie may eek them out also. If PH beats Chilhowie same goes.
Right now

1. Galax(barely) 248-250
2. GW 244-246( Marion @ Abingdon will make a big difference)
3. Hurley 236-244
4. Fort(214-218)
4. Clilhowie(tie) (214-220) PH (211-212) depending on their head to head
6. Parry McCluer(Nelson and Rockbridge winning will help) (210-214,figured in one nelson win-maybe against gretna)

Will look at again after a lot of games are played, next wed or Thursday. I went through this really quick. This will change . Makes it exciting.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT FAN 91
Lot of games still, will change again( likely wins by opponents you beat or lost to).Hurley tightening on GW. Big game this weekend, twin valley vs honaker, honaker win plus 2 for GW and Hurley , twin valley win will make tighter with GW

1. Galax 250(if teams likely win, for example glenvar over radford, than radford over east mont.)
2. George Wythe 242-246( honaker loosing last 2, 242)
3. Hurley 240-244(had a good weekend) (if honaker looses to twin valley a big 2 GW won't get - Hurley 242(with twin valley beating Honaker) figured in Montcalm win over hundred and twin springs beating Thomas walker and rye cove)
4. Fort Chiswell 220(loosing to Graham and beating Bland)
5. Chilhowie 213-219(if they beat PH)
6. Parry McCluer 207-214( at closer to 214 figured in upsets for Nelson over William Campbell and Gretna and Auburn over Floyd)
7. Patrick Henry 193(loosing to Chilhowie)(if they beat Chilhowie 206-213)
8. JIB (187-191)
9. Radford 173
10. Narrows 172-173 (if they beat Grayson)
11. Covington 169-175(loosing to PM and beating James River)

Will figure more teams later in week

Last edited:
Lol, will try to post through 16 seed and maybe one or two more

1 George Wythe (7-1)(186) 23.25000
2 Galax (6-2)(183) 22.87500
3 Hurley (8-0)(180) 22.25000
You go ahead and keep that dream alive and tell us how that works out for you.

Is it well please let us all in on this secret math equation. That will have Hurley jump GW who is a full point ahead of them and will have more rider points. And the one that will have them in contention for 1 with Galax. They can maybe close the gap a little and make it tight with GW. But only if the teams GW has left don't win again. So it's really this simple Hurley shouldn't have enough points to jump GW or Galax and if fc can somehow beat Graham they will jump Hurley. 1 slip up by Hurley and they will fall to 5-7 at best. I don't see it happening by any means but if it did... That sos that everyone said wouldn't matter is starting to matter alot. 2 winning record teams will bury a 10-0 team.

Last night just looking at George Wythe and Hurley if they both win out, GW will finish in number one spot just between the 2 of them. Didn't look at PM or Galax. Even gave GW minimum points from Marion, Galax and Fort wins for rest of season(only gave them one win apiece rest of season). If Galax, Fort and Marion fall flat on there face could get tight. If I were a Hurley fan I would be rooting against those 3 and Radford.
That sure some fuzzy math you are using.

Is it well please let us all in on this secret math equation. That will have Hurley jump GW who is a full point ahead of them and will have more rider points. And the one that will have them in contention for 1 with Galax. They can maybe close the gap a little and make it tight with GW. But only if the teams GW has left don't win again. So it's really this simple Hurley shouldn't have enough points to jump GW or Galax and if fc can somehow beat Graham they will jump Hurley. 1 slip up by Hurley and they will fall to 5-7 at best. I don't see it happening by any means but if it did... That sos that everyone said wouldn't matter is starting to matter alot. 2 winning record teams will bury a 10-0 team.
You have heard the old saying about "IF' haven't you?

Not really fuzzy at all he is saying Galax, Marion and FC have to just forget how to play. And drop basically all the games they have left. RIDER POINTS that alone kills Hurley. 2 teams with winning records vs GW and Galax who have 5 or more each. You get points off of the teams you've beat and the teams they've beat.

You ha

You have heard the old saying about "IF' haven't you?
Yeah sure have but what magical IF are you trying to use now? What the if of Galax losing again? Or GW losing again? Or what? Hurley needs alot of those extreme IFs to happen to even come close.

I think master blaster should have stayed in school a little longer and took a few more math classes instead of trying to be a know it all

Reactions: F.C.vegasgold
Wow man you Hurley fans can't except that your team has ZERO! Quality wins to fall back on. What math needs to be done win everyone is saying they need miracles to come close. If you're so sure they can make #1 then show us they MATH on how they can. Go ahead we will wait........ no really go on show us.

I hope and pray you get 3 if we get 2 and if we get 1 I hope you get 4. Or if you get 1 I want GW at 4 or however it needs to workout for GW and Hurley to meet up. You will be sadly mistaken if you think that game works out in your favor. I've said it all year getting fat on cupcakes will kill you in November. GW is NOT Grundy or Castlewood we can stop your 1 threat. You have seen nothing even close to GW but please thump that chest. 1 MAROON WAY isn't the cliff and we are not the 10 laughable teams you've beat up on.

Wow u are really letting this bother you. Lol. You need to chill out a little. I was just kidding man. Smoke a Doobie and chill ,it sucks being number 3 seed. We deserve better with 10-0 record. U guys have played a few pretty bad teams,too

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
No dog in this fight but unlike last year Hurley is more than a one man show. Last year it was just Justice but this year they have Lester, Tester and the qb Sykes who make it hard to key on one guy.

No it doesn't bother me at all to be honest. But I really want to see GW vs Hurley even if I wasn't a GW fan I would say they are as good as I already do. Yes we've played some bad teams. But 2 are common opponents in Holston and Honaker so those 2 are a wash. Now we go to the other 8 out of those 8 you have 2 with winning records. GW has 5 at least so again Rider points are the differences. And GW legitimately is 2 and 3 deep. We really are that massive with a ton of team speed. And yes Hurley has a good starting 11. And yes you should be extremely proud of them hell 99% of VA is. But my dude the top is a different beast. 11 on 25+ isn't good odds. And that's not Hurleys fault but 220 students will not produce the same amount of players as 435.

No dog in this fight but unlike last year Hurley is more than a one man show. Last year it was just Justice but this year they have Lester, Tester and the qb Sykes who make it hard to key on one guy.
I know they do but Brady is the real threat. GW starts a specific 4 on the D line depending on what we need to stop. And then we sub alot. Now to the LBs we have 2 kids that start at lb and that's all they do no O at all. And then we sub and we rotate all night at the DBs just like at WR. We really do have a wealth of talent not seen often at 1A.
Does anyone have the numbers on Hurleys team? Like how many really play and how many just watch the game. And what is there O and D line size?

Yes we are a few Hurley fans have said they want GW in Rd 3. I can only hope that is the actual match up. Lol.

Not really fuzzy at all he is saying Galax, Marion and FC have to just forget how to play. And drop basically all the games they have left. RIDER POINTS that alone kills Hurley. 2 teams with winning records vs GW and Galax who have 5 or more each. You get points off of the teams you've beat and the teams they've beat.
We will see in abou a week in a half how all those points
I know they do but Brady is the real threat. GW starts a specific 4 on the D line depending on what we need to stop. And then we sub alot. Now to the LBs we have 2 kids that start at lb and that's all they do no O at all. And then we sub and we rotate all night at the DBs just like at WR. We really do have a wealth of talent not seen often at 1A.
Does anyone have the numbers on Hurleys team? Like how many really play and how many just watch the game. And what is there O and D line size?
I thought you knew everything about Hurley?

Yes we will 2 more weeks and all the hoping and wishing in the world won't matter for me or anyone else. Vhsl will decide who is where. And no never claimed to but I can find that info out if need be. I was just curious to see what you or other Hurley fans had for numbers. You've seen them live so should have a good look on size.

Lot of games still, will change again( likely wins by opponents you beat or lost to).Hurley tightening on GW. Big game this weekend, twin valley vs honaker, honaker win plus 2 for GW and Hurley , twin valley win will make tighter with GW

1. Galax 250(if teams likely win, for example glenvar over radford, than radford over east mont.)
2. George Wythe 242-246( honaker loosing last 2, 242)
3. Hurley 240-244(had a good weekend) (if honaker looses to twin valley a big 2 GW won't get - Hurley 242(with twin valley beating Honaker) figured in Montcalm win over hundred and twin springs beating Thomas walker and rye cove)
4. Fort Chiswell 220(loosing to Graham and beating Bland)
5. Chilhowie 213-219(if they beat PH)
6. Parry McCluer 207-214( at closer to 214 figured in upsets for Nelson over William Campbell and Gretna and Auburn over Floyd)
7. Patrick Henry 193(loosing to Chilhowie)(if they beat Chilhowie 206-213)
8. JIB (187-191)
9. Radford 173
10. Narrows 172-173 (if they beat Grayson)
11. Covington 169-175(loosing to PM and beating James River)

Twin Valley(if they beat Honaker and loosing to Hurley) 157-163
Castlewood(beating Eastside) 150-156
Rural Retreat (beating Northwood and loosing to GW) 159
Bland(loosing to both Galax and Fort) 134-136
Twin Springs(if they beat Thomas Walker and Rye Cove) 150
Auburn(IF they beat Floyd and loose to Giles) 149-150
Ran out of time for Honaker, if they beat Twin Valley and Ridgeview, would put them
in the playoff race. As stated these numbers are projections looking at wins and losses of teams each team has beat and lost to.

as far as I know no boost, from looking at vhsl rating system, the teams you beat if they win against other opponents you get 2 points, if the team you lost to wins against other opponents you get one point. You play a higher classification opponent you get an additional 2 points per classification win or loose that game only. If you beat a team that beats another team of higher classification there are no additional points.

Looked really quick. Hard to tell with some schedules outside state. Hurley beat Shelby, according to what I could find, this is Shelby 's 11th game this weekend against lex Christian and plelps done at nine
1. Galax 250(if teams likely win, for example radford over east mont.)
2. George Wythe 242-244( honaker loosing 242, didn't include upsets like Marion beating abingdon)
3. Hurley 240-244 (honaker lost to twin valley a big 2 GW didnt get - Hurley 240 if Shelby looses last game and honaker loosing also
4. Fort Chiswell 220-222(loosing to Graham and beating Bland)
5. Chilhowie 216-220(they beat PH)
6. Parry McCluer 208-212(just not getting help)

Will repost Monday night after official ratings releases

Last edited:
Looked really quick. Hard to tell with some schedules outside state. Hurley beat Shelby, according to what I could find, this is Shelby 's 11th game this weekend against lex Christian and plelps done at nine
1. Galax 250(if teams likely win, for example radford over east mont.)
2. George Wythe 242-244( honaker loosing 242, didn't include upsets like Marion beating abingdon)
3. Hurley 240-244 (honaker lost to twin valley a big 2 GW didnt get - Hurley 240 if Shelby looses last game and honaker loosing also
4. Fort Chiswell 220-222(loosing to Graham and beating Bland)
5. Chilhowie 216-220(they beat PH)
6. Parry McCluer 208-212(just not getting help)

Will repost Monday night after official ratings releases
If Galax beats Grayson are they a lock for the 1 seed or if some teams are upset how far could they drop?

If galax wins, there rider point games that they would need
2 points for Glenvar over Floyd , 2points Radford over east mont, 2 points either way RR-GW, Giles 2 over auburn, fort-bland min of 1 point, Graham-narrows min of 1 point. I was figuring for who would be favored.
There actual numbers if they win could be 244-252. There likely number 250. GW could finish with a win. There numbers could be 237-246. If every game that is favored 242-244, didn't figure 2 for Marion beating abingdon(unlikely). Hurley can finish 238-246, but Holston beating Chilhowie unlikely and Shelbey winning unlikely. So around 242 . Done rather quickly. Mathematically Hurley and GW could pass Galax but not likely. I will put up a cheat sheet Tuesday or Wednesday and you can look at with every possible point.

Last edited:
4 & 5 seed if fort and Chilhowie win will be tight.
6 seed will be PM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT