ADVERTISEMENT

Power Points

Nov 3, 2008
Here is a quick breakdown of the max possible power points for Essex, W&L and, Altavista. The teams in red are either on the bye week or play each other so there no points there.

Quick summary of the most power points each team could get are listed below

W&L - 264
Essex - 261
Altavista - 260

Note there probably are some teams on the list that probably going to lose but I wont make that call so this is the maximum points if all all three teams win.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWWA2uVvPEv-nI2p7SuO8dtYjmvbFfH5si2TRMoK2TI/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if there are any errors

This post was edited on 11/4 11:43 AM by Essex#1

Looks like that first victory of the season over 4A King George is really helping the Eagles out. But I've been high on Colonial Beach all year and am picking them to win this week and giving Essex the top seed. I think everyone would agree that at this point Essex and Altavista are the top two 1A teams and it would stink if they had to play each other before Salem. Although don't discount the teams out West especially Haysi and Honaker among a few others. Anything can happen and I'm sure there will be some upsets along the way. Should be a fun playoffs this year in 1A and 2A.

Re: What would it take for PM to end up with the 4 seed?

Losses by both Surry and Colonial Beach I assume.

Oh..and booting Roanoke Catholic off the schedule and never ever ever playing a stupid private school again.

PM has the 4th seed as of this week, top 10 1A East stuff, some big games..

wow, a lot rides on the final week of games. Some big matchups, playoff type games to determine seeding.

Group 1A East ratings as of now:

1) Essex 24.8
2) W&L 24.8
3) Altavista 24.7
4) Parry McCluer 22.4 (10-0 now, so will remain at 22.4, has Friday off, no points for the Roanoke Catholic game, no rider points hurt, not sure about WV game)

5) Surry 22.0
6) CB 21.9 (plays W&L)
7) Central Lunenburg 20.8 (has 2-7 Cumberland)
8) Sussex Central 20.3 (plays Surry)
9) Rappahannock 18.4 (plays Essex)
10) William Campbell 16.7 (plays Altavista)

final 6 currently below 16.0

Essex (with a victory) benefits either way from CB vs. W&L battle (depends on how you look at it...)

Altavista obviously wants a CB win and/or Rapp win.

PM is pulling for W&L and Sussex it looks like (I think anyway, please correct if otherwise)

Central wants some upsets at the top to move up in the ratings.

Looks like Rapp would want a Surry win over Sussex as well to move into top 8 (for a home game).

Add any other scenarios or if I made an error. Very interesting last regular season week!

This post was edited on 11/4 7:48 PM by uvacavs1

Re:You are correct mmqp

Sussex will need to defeat Surry and Washington & Lee must beat Colonial Beach. Both scenarios are very possible.

Re: PM has the 4th seed as of this week, top 10 1A East stuff, some big games..

So I *assume* PM can get rider points still...according to the Fredericksburg link their MAX is 24 on the dot. THAT's not gonna happen, but they can hope for a little help from some of the teams they beat:

Rockbridge--will roll over and play dead
Gap--Not gonna beat Wilson
Page--Has a winnable game vs Stonewall Jackson, but managed to lose to the 0-9 Generals 42-0 last year.
Greenbrier East--Has a winnable game vs Oak Hill, but geez WV games are hard to predict. Always bet on the home team..
Roanoke Catholic--Shouldn't be on the schedule..
Auburn--Has a winnable game vs Floyd
James River, Covington, Craig, and Bath will just offset each other I assume?

Well speaking only as a PM fan, I hope Tiger15's Sussex team is HUNGRY this Friday lol. And looking back through my records I'm thinking Colonial Beach has a grand total of one win all time vs. W & L. Lets hope that number stays at 1 after Friday :)

I'd be very surprised of both Surry and Colonial Beach lose, four quality teams duking it out with each other Friday.

If, IF, both manage to lose I'm gonna go drop 2k on craps at Maryland Live while I still have luck on my side...

I believe Surry hasn't won in Sussex since '98 and they've had some great battles. '96 was like the first time they won there. If a certain back sits out to get ready for the playoffs then W&L should get it. Should be a low scoring affair.

I'm assuming the PM staff will be in the Sussex Southampton area scouting. I would if I were them.

I think it will be great they play each other Thanksgiving weekend. The winner will likely go to Honaker. Washington & Lee should have a run heavy bracket. Hope they are ready.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT