ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Top 10 Rankings

Ask Casto he knows

Maybe he does, but I am not going to do your work for you. Whether they have 600 students or 300, I dont care. You are the one constantly complaining about it.

I dont care for them in the least. But it is rather amusing the way you are. You bring this topic up quite often, and even state you are going to keep going, and then turn around and say talk about something else.

Whether it is your intention or not, you come off as having sour grapes, and being a troll.

And what makes it even worse is when you say things that are completely wrong (I couldn't care less about your spelling) and wont listen. You have used more than word manipulation, you have used cheaters, thieves, etc and say you never have. You said you never mention them by name, but you have, you say they benefited from BYE when nobody else did, which is incorrect, and you said I broke some kind of rule, which I didnt.

Again, I DONT LIKE RIVERHEADS, never have and never will. I couldn't care less whether they are 1a, 2a, or 4a. You single them out as they wouldn't have won a title if they were in 2a, that is true. Not 1 team in 1a would have either. Appomattox wouldn't have won the title in 3a-6a last year, so should they be called frauds?

Maybe they are messing with numbers, I doubt it, but its possible. But when you constantly bring it up it just makes people tired of seeing the same thing. You dont get your point across by doing the same thing over and over. Get some evidence and report them. But without any evidence and continuing with just words makes you look like you are a whiner.

When someone is convicted of a crime, do you think if they apply for an appeal every day and at some point they just get it because they kept on? No, they get an appeal if there was an error or there is NEW EVIDENCE.

2018 Early Pre-Season Virginia Class 1 Football Top Ten

#1 Essex
#2 Riverheads
#3 Galax
#4 Sussex
#5 William Campbell
#6 Northumberland
#7 Chilhowie
#8 Washington & Lee
# 9 George Wythe
#10 Colonial Beach

Top Teams OPINION only.

#1 and #1A Essex and Riverheads or Riverheads and Essex. Doesn't matter. These two should battle it out again in the East. The Dameron boy from Essex is a beast. Have seen him play for last 3 years. Congrats to him for choosing ODU going forward. Wouldn't be shocked to see another team try to grab him.

Don't know a ton about West but see Chilhowie and Galax in mix again. Chil brings back most people and now have the experience from last years run and Galax will be Galax and be there until the end.

So basically same final four as last year but maybe a different final game.

Maybe he does, but I am not going to do your work for you. Whether they have 600 students or 300, I dont care. You are the one constantly complaining about it.

I dont care for them in the least. But it is rather amusing the way you are. You bring this topic up quite often, and even state you are going to keep going, and then turn around and say talk about something else.

Whether it is your intention or not, you come off as having sour grapes, and being a troll.

And what makes it even worse is when you say things that are completely wrong (I couldn't care less about your spelling) and wont listen. You have used more than word manipulation, you have used cheaters, thieves, etc and say you never have. You said you never mention them by name, but you have, you say they benefited from BYE when nobody else did, which is incorrect, and you said I broke some kind of rule, which I didnt.

Again, I DONT LIKE RIVERHEADS, never have and never will. I couldn't care less whether they are 1a, 2a, or 4a. You single them out as they wouldn't have won a title if they were in 2a, that is true. Not 1 team in 1a would have either. Appomattox wouldn't have won the title in 3a-6a last year, so should they be called frauds?

Maybe they are messing with numbers, I doubt it, but its possible. But when you constantly bring it up it just makes people tired of seeing the same thing. You dont get your point across by doing the same thing over and over. Get some evidence and report them. But without any evidence and continuing with just words makes you look like you are a whiner.

When someone is convicted of a crime, do you think if they apply for an appeal every day and at some point they just get it because they kept on? No, they get an appeal if there was an error or there is NEW EVIDENCE.
@trutiger16 & everyone else instigating him. Quit hijacking threads about riverheads. They won, nothing will change that. Hopefully it motivates teams to work harder and gun for them & the title. If you wanna go back and worth start a new thread title "VHSL riverhead 1a/2a conspiracy" but hop off my thread :)

Riverheads will be the #1 team as they should be until beaten in the Va Preps 1A Top Ten.

However, I do expect that Essex will be able to finally take them this season. Hence, Essex is the top team (the last few years I placed Riverheads ahead of the Trojans and everyone else for the entire season).

I think that Essex has learned from their many mental errors that they made last year v Riverheads.

Coach Jones is not only in his 2nd year as head coach but this is his third year as AD so his system is firmly established and expectations known. His athletes will be more disciplined and focused this year after last season's bouncing by Riverheads. They will be more prepared for the challenges (physically and otherwise) that Riverheads will bring to the battle (the Red Machine will be the same as always).

If Essex can win the mental game, they will win. Easier said than done as every opponent knows how to push Essex's buttons, but the strong opponents make Essex pay big time for their own mistakes.

Question is, how will Essex respond this time?.... I say they will handle adversity a tad better this season (if the Riverheads rematch happens as expected).

All of us are just "assuming" that each team will progress to the point where they will face one another again. Well of course that is pretty far from being a given. If it does happen, however, just like last year it will happen at the state semi-final level and that is why I wish they would go back to the cross-bracketing we used to have.

In the good old days, instead of the trip Riverheads took to play Essex, I believe they would have gone to Galax again and Essex would have hosted Chilhowie. Based just on comparing scores, Essex and Riverheads would have come out on top in those two games and then met in Salem, where hopefully we would have seen as close a game as we saw at Middlesex.

My point being that cross-bracketing when you get to the semi-finals always makes the most sense because you have a better chance of getting the best two teams to the state finals. Last year, Essex had every right to say "we are the second best team in the state and if we had just made one more play here and there, we might have been the best." And if these two really ARE the best this year, as everyone seems to be expecting, the same thing will happen to one or the other.

So I say bring back cross-bracketing, although I assume the boat has sailed on that for this year.

When someone is convicted of a crime, do you think if they apply for an appeal every day and at some point they just get it because they kept on? No, they get an appeal if there was an error or there is NEW EVID

Say what you want but at the end of the day the questions will always follow the legacy , its talked about all over the State , even your local paper mentions it. How much they pay to play at Rivershead ?

Say what you want but at the end of the day the questions will always follow the legacy , its talked about all over the State , even your local paper mentions it. How much they pay to play at Rivershead ?
This whole narrative that Riverheads should be a 2A team is getting old and corny on your behalf. Move on please

On another note, I think Northumberland is a little overrated by the masses.

I have moved on but look at the thread , I have tried to deflect to other teams but some keep flaming the flames so to speak. Guilt I quess ?

I would rather win a state title with Riverheads in 1a and having to beat them to win it kinda like LeBron and the Celtics I think the Celtics would rather win the east with LeBron in Cleveland not in L.A.

This whole narrative that Riverheads should be a 2A team is getting old and corny on your behalf. Move on please

On another note, I think Northumberland is a little overrated by the masses.

I agree that it is past time to move on from all the Riverheads nonsense. It was entertaining for awhile but it has become somewhat obnoxious at this point.

Also, Baseball215 is correct in the post above, if anyone can knock off Riverheads in 1A this season in the playoffs, how sweet would that be?

"A victory without a great challenge (risk) is a triumph without glory...."

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I have moved on but look at the thread , I have tried to deflect to other teams but some keep flaming the flames so to speak. Guilt I quess ?

Sounds great, so I assume then that you will not bring it up again on the boards? I hope that is true, then I can go back to not liking them for any reason

The VHSL will make sure that SWVA has a team in Salem ! No Matter What .

[QUOTE="Gunz41, post: 305599, member: 2872" Appomattox wouldn't have won the title in 3a-6a last year, so should they be called frauds?
But when you constantly bring it up it just makes people tired of seeing the same thing.
[/QUOTE]

Gunz, I see you are it again and its your usual mantra. You never start a thread and because of that, this is suggestive of coward-like behavior. You find a post with a different opinion of yours and then you pounce. Keeping with your mantra, you attack the poster on a personal level with personal attacks. Additionally, you continue to use the third grade fallacy of playing to the audience. You do it every single time you disagree with someone. You love to "speak for the entire board" and act as if every poster or reader of the board has the same consensus you established. Does that ever get old with you?

Two final points....I disagree with you on Appo at the 3A level. I would love their chances, including the 4A level even with the loss early last year to a team that beat em and was at a higher classification. Its no slam dunk they would have been a sure loser. Especially at 3A. Last point is...I agree with you on Riverheads and disagree with the posters opinion that they are cheaters. But.....simply disagree and you stated why, but leave out the personal stuff and again, I ask you......when will you ever start a thread?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Gunz41, post: 305599, member: 2872" Appomattox wouldn't have won the title in 3a-6a last year, so should they be called frauds?
But when you constantly bring it up it just makes people tired of seeing the same thing.

Gunz, I see you are it again and its your usual mantra. You never start a thread and because of that, this is suggestive of coward-like behavior. You find a post with a different opinion of yours and then you pounce. Keeping with your mantra, you attack the poster on a personal level with personal attacks. Additionally, you continue to use the third grade fallacy of playing to the audience. You do it every single time you disagree with someone. You love to "speak for the entire board" and act as if every poster or reader of the board has the same consensus you established. Does that ever get old with you?

Two final points....I disagree with you on Appo at the 3A level. I would love their chances, including the 4A level even with the loss early last year to a team that beat em and was at a higher classification. Its no slam dunk they would have been a sure loser. Especially at 3A. Last point is...I agree with you on Riverheads and disagree with the posters opinion that they are cheaters. But.....simply disagree and you stated why, but leave out the personal stuff and again, I ask you......when will you ever start a thread?[/QUOTE]

Mr. Genius, it is certainly not the time to be saying things to me. I am not one to post personal things, but you have NO IDEA what I have been through lately.

But anyway, I never said anything personal about ANYONE. But before you open you keyboard mouth, maybe you should read EVERYTHING before you want to act as if you know everything. In fact, I dont care, act as if you know everything.

But a little history lesson for you. 1- I have been here a lot longer than you, and have started more threads than you, but nice try. 2- this coming from a guy who gets into arguments because people who dont like his opinion, states I will never start anything, and then turns around an not only starts things but calls people names because they have a differing view. In fact, when you did this because of MY opinion on a playoff game, guess what... I HAD STARTED THAT THREAD. Then you not only start something with people from a different area, you attack people because they are from a certain area and because they posted on another site. In fact, I believe you even were talking about their personal information.

Again, I know you are the smartest person to ever grace these boards, and your opinion is the only thing that is right, even when you are wrong it's because of this or that, never because of you, but since you obviously only want to pick out certain posters to start something, let's review. This thing about RH, who AGAIN I dont care for in the slightest, has been brought up time after time, and multiple times since even last season. Of course never any new information, just the same old thing. Then you have it said, I WONT STOP, but then turn around after saying that and bringing it up OVER AND OVER saying let's talk about the other teams.

So please Mr. I know everything about everything, please show me somewhere in sometime where I have personally attacked anyone, made ONE post where I was talking for everyone, started a fight with someone, or only posted on other threads.

From the things I remember you posting, facts dont seem to matter to you, but facts mean more than fallacies to ME.

Now I do remember one thing, so go ahead and post football, basketball, wrestling, water polo, cricket, etc and try and make yourself look as if you are the smartest guy in the room. And remember, you NEVER start anything, except for each time you have, and when your statements/predictions dont come true, just give us every reason in the book why not.

But again, THE WORST TIME EVER TO TRY AND COME AT ME, if you even care.

Peace out bud

Gunz posted the following in Italics, and my response in regular print type.

Mr. Genius, it is certainly not the time to be saying things to me. I am not one to post personal things, but you have NO IDEA what I have been through lately.
1. No, I don't know what you have been through lately and most important, NEVER claimed to know, but that doesn't make your recent posting in this thread accurate.

But anyway, I never said anything personal about ANYONE. But before you open you keyboard mouth, maybe you should read EVERYTHING before you want to act as if you know everything. In fact, I dont care, act as if you know everything.
1. False, you did make it personal with the poster that you disagreed with and your recent posts in this thread are words anyone can read. Again, I AGREE with you on are your argument, but disagree with your personal attack.

But a little history lesson for you. 1- I have been here a lot longer than you, and have started more threads than you, but nice try. My response is...... False, you may have been here longer which means nothing, but you have started far fewer threads and I reiterate, you being here this long and starting so few threads is coward like in action.

Again, I know you are the smartest person to ever grace these boards, and your opinion is the only thing that is right, even when you are wrong it's because of this or that, never because of you, but since you obviously only want to pick out certain posters to start something, let's review.
This statement shows your education level. It suggests your primary mantra.....fallacy. I, nor you, nor did anyone ever get together and decide I was the "smartest person to grace the boards or that my opinion is the only thing right." I suggest you look up and study fallacy and how it relates to your education level. Have I not told you this before?

So please Mr. I know everything about everything, please show me somewhere in sometime where I have personally attacked anyone. Again, fallacy. "I know everything about everything." This statement is fallacious and it in an of itself is fallacy. As for attacking others and making it personal. Your words in this thread are obvious in my opinion.

From the things I remember you posting, facts dont seem to matter to you, but facts mean more than fallacies to ME.
You don't know the definition of fallacy. I smell at an Anderson Cooper type argument. He would say the same, lol.

Incredible how "it's the worst time to come at you" yet you can come at another poster with such anger and malice. Incredible enough, you didn't or don't seem to care for others at which you come at and their times of anguish. Again, I am saying your actions are coward like. Again, start a thread and start one with your opinion, not an "information thread" such as when two a days starts as anyone can do, but GIVE YOUR OPINION in starting a thread. Fact is, you don't do that. Why? Coward like actions speak for themselves and bully's are coward like and I stand up to them. What did I tell you when YOU tried to bully me a while back? What did I tell you Gunz? I'm watching you. I'm watching you for not months, but for years. I will continue to, and when you can be a man and apologize for your actions and not be coward like, we can move on. I give you credit for this, you actually didn't use the fallacy of playing to the audience in your response and that's a first step, so congrats.

Gunz posted the following in Italics, and my response in regular print type.

1. No, I don't know what you have been through lately and most important, NEVER claimed to know, but that doesn't make your recent posting in this thread accurate.

1. False, you did make it personal with the poster that you disagreed with and your recent posts in this thread are words anyone can read. Again, I AGREE with you on are your argument, but disagree with your personal attack.

But a little history lesson for you. 1- I have been here a lot longer than you, and have started more threads than you, but nice try. My response is...... False, you may have been here longer which means nothing, but you have started far fewer threads and I reiterate, you being here this long and starting so few threads is coward like in action.

Again, I know you are the smartest person to ever grace these boards, and your opinion is the only thing that is right, even when you are wrong it's because of this or that, never because of you, but since you obviously only want to pick out certain posters to start something, let's review.
This statement shows your education level. It suggests your primary mantra.....fallacy. I, nor you, nor did anyone ever get together and decide I was the "smartest person to grace the boards or that my opinion is the only thing right." I suggest you look up and study fallacy and how it relates to your education level. Have I not told you this before?

So please Mr. I know everything about everything, please show me somewhere in sometime where I have personally attacked anyone. Again, fallacy. "I know everything about everything." This statement is fallacious and it in an of itself is fallacy. As for attacking others and making it personal. Your words in this thread are obvious in my opinion.

You don't know the definition of fallacy. I smell at an Anderson Cooper type argument. He would say the same, lol.

Incredible how "it's the worst time to come at you" yet you can come at another poster with such anger and malice. Incredible enough, you didn't or don't seem to care for others at which you come at and their times of anguish. Again, I am saying your actions are coward like. Again, start a thread and start one with your opinion, not an "information thread" such as when two a days starts as anyone can do, but GIVE YOUR OPINION in starting a thread. Fact is, you don't do that. Why? Coward like actions speak for themselves and bully's are coward like and I stand up to them. What did I tell you when YOU tried to bully me a while back? What did I tell you Gunz? I'm watching you. I'm watching you for not months, but for years. I will continue to, and when you can be a man and apologize for your actions and not be coward like, we can move on. I give you credit for this, you actually didn't use the fallacy of playing to the audience in your response and that's a first step, so congrats.

You REALLY dont want to try me. I will go back and show how you have acted on here. But I am not one to embarrass people.

You obviously cant come up with any instance where I attacked someone or you would have posted it. But I sure can with you, I really dont want to.

Yes, I have been here longer. That makes no difference in who knows more about anything. But if you really think I dont start ANY threads like you claim then you are just very uneducated. I cant help that.

In fact, it doesnt take much searching to see where during football season LAST YEAR, I posted EVERY WEEK the playoff points. But I guess what you want is for me to start threads talking about people or teams.

No, nobody has ever said you said you were the smartest person on here. And with your actions nobody ever will. It's just the way you come across to me and others as well (I'm not speaking for everybody). When you get into pages long arguments with people because they have the OPINION that their team was better than some other team and tell them how stupid they are and that they cant know anything because they were part of some swva board then yea you might have a problem. Not to mention when you first started posting you get in an argument with someone over one of their opinions and state that you NEVER start something, then I post MY OPINION on MY TEAM in a game that I SAW, and you call me an idiot or something because I had the nerve to think my team was the more deserving team. How dare I.

I couldn't care less if you are "watching" me, but it shows your character or whatever else you want to call it when you say you will do it for years, a little childish to me. But hey, do your thing.

No, you know what. There is something for being here so long. You see, even if people dont agree with every one of my opinions, you know what I have on this board. RESPECT. Because I have shown over a long period of time that I may actually know a thing or 2.

Now since the only thing I have said to the other guy was that his ACTIONS were acting like a troll since keeps with the same thing, allow me to say the same to you. Troll, have fun watching me. You wont find me saying anything more inflammatory than that, but we certainly can with you.

Aa for you, post whatever you want. Get into an argument with people all over the state because they like their own teams. Keep making your predictions and when you are wrong blame me for it. Maybe now that I responded by to your fine post, you can act like the internet tough guy like last year with the guy from Union and tell me your will beat me up. Please dont, I will be REALLY scared.

In conclusion, I am very sorry I have EVER had my own opinion about ANYTHING. Next time, I shall ask your permission to do so. Since you have one about everything, and obviously whether you have seen something or not, YOUR opinion is the one that is correct.

And good luck to your team, and ALL the teams this year.

I read two sentences of that novel before nearly falling asleep. Told ya earlier pal, good behavior is important. I'm watching ya. Treat people respectfully when disagreeing, or I will show up on any board ensuring you are within the rules.

I read two sentences of that novel before nearly falling asleep. Told ya earlier pal, good behavior is important. I'm watching ya. Treat people respectfully when disagreeing, or I will show up on any board ensuring you are within the rules.

I'm telling you, I will good back and show how you "respectfully" treat people on here.

Now go ahead and follow me wherever you want. Pretty childish to me, but hey whatever you want to do. I know the few times I have had a real disagreement with someone on here I didnt stalk their every post. But whatever.

Now follow me all you want, but I promise if you keep calling me out like that, your past behavior on here will be EXPOSED.

Your choice, keep face, heck again watch me all you want, but when I have to respond to foolish things, I will make myself do the work and show it ALL.

Stop making threats junior. You bring up all the posts you want. I will continue to keep a close eye on you and WARNED you a long time ago when you were the one doing the true trolling, and were sitting back and wanting to take pop shots. What did I tell you? What I wrote was.....wrong guy, bad choice, and you picked the wrong guy foolishly. These exchanges are a preview of what's to come for you this season if you continue to attack others personally because you disagree. I promise, I will be there. Post normally and without malice and all is well. But.....go off on someone personally because of their opinion and I will be there.

Stop making threats junior. You bring up all the posts you want. I will continue to keep a close eye on you and WARNED you a long time ago when you were the one doing the true trolling, and were sitting back and wanting to take pop shots. What did I tell you? What I wrote was.....wrong guy, bad choice, and you picked the wrong guy foolishly. These exchanges are a preview of what's to come for you this season if you continue to attack others personally because you disagree. I promise, I will be there. Post normally and without malice and all is well. But.....go off on someone personally because of their opinion and I will be there.

Wah wah wah. The ONLY thing I have ever said to ANYONE on here is acting like a troll. But YOU sir have done WAY worse. You have told people you were going to beat them up, called them all kind of names, and even posted personal information. But yes I am terrible because I said someone's actions were acting like a troll. And when someone says they are going to keep doing the same thing, that IS trolling.

Even if what I said was personal, which I think you are the only one who thought it was, it's about %1 as hostile as you have been since the beginning on here.

But I dont know why I am surprised at this point. And I certainly dont know why I replied, not only are you the least of my problems right now with what I have been through, but you called me junior and last year told the giu from Union you were going to beat him up, so I guess I should be shaking in my boots.

Now, come up with some FACTS on ONE THING you said about me, and bring them up. Show me where I have said something even close to as defamatory as you have said on here, show me where I have NEVER started a thread, anything. But do it in a separate thread.

Came here looking for insight into Class 1 football power programs entering 2018. Found 2 pages of absolute garbage!

LOL, I'm sure, Sixcat, of course your arrival is "total objective" and unbiased, lol. That's your mantra and usual entry into a thread. Fact is....this thread was solid. One poster made an opinion (that I actually disagree with) about Riverheads, but the usual....Gunz hijacked it by going personal on that poster and simply not having the ability to just disagree. This is where the thread went bad, long before I smacked Gunz around. Gunz had hijacked the thread with the poster who hates Riverheads long before I took him on. Therefore, for anyone who feels this thread is garbage, your posts are a little late. They should have entered when Gunz was squabbling with the anit-Riverheads guy. I stepped in after this and of course as always, finished strong. I find it odd sixcat, what are the odds? Within 24 or so hours of a Gunz disagreement, enter Sixcat, lol. Want some insight as you requested.

It's Riverheads and Essex and Chilhowie and Galax. A slam dunk no brainer in my opinion in 1A, but again, MY opinion only. And out of that, you have a repeat match for the state title game. Maybe Galax gets the W over Chilhowie, but the question is....which one of the 2 in the West can play them closer. As for winning? No chance....again.....my opinion only, not stating it as fact.

LOL, I'm sure, Sixcat, of course your arrival is "total objective" and unbiased, lol. That's your mantra and usual entry into a thread. Fact is....this thread was solid. One poster made an opinion (that I actually disagree with) about Riverheads, but the usual....Gunz hijacked it by going personal on that poster and simply not having the ability to just disagree. This is where the thread went bad, long before I smacked Gunz around. Gunz had hijacked the thread with the poster who hates Riverheads long before I took him on. Therefore, for anyone who feels this thread is garbage, your posts are a little late. They should have entered when Gunz was squabbling with the anit-Riverheads guy. I stepped in after this and of course as always, finished strong. I find it odd sixcat, what are the odds? Within 24 or so hours of a Gunz disagreement, enter Sixcat, lol. Want some insight as you requested.

It's Riverheads and Essex and Chilhowie and Galax. A slam dunk no brainer in my opinion in 1A, but again, MY opinion only. And out of that, you have a repeat match for the state title game. Maybe Galax gets the W over Chilhowie, but the question is....which one of the 2 in the West can play them closer. As for winning? No chance....again.....my opinion only, not stating it as fact.

I'm not certain what the grammatical masterpiece above is supposed to suggest? My guess is, neither does anyone else. But if you're questioning my authenticity, anyone from SWVASports.com can verify my identity!

Way to keep the garbage posts moving right along in what could have been a quality thread!

Reactions: Scagmowers
1. Riverheads ( Oceans 11 )
2. Essex ( Best team in the state its win or bust Mr. Essex Trojan )
3. Galax ( Has the formula to defeat Mr. Casto bunch )
4. Franklin ( Coach Parkers Freshman investment will deliver a huge return
5. Northumberland ( How will they respond after Essex takes them behind the wood shed
6. W & L ( Young coach how good is he ?
7. William Campbell ( Defense will be there calling card
8. Chilhowie ( 1 hit wonder see you again in 20 years
9. George Wythe ( Tons of talent in that community
10. Sussex Central ( Plays in the most competitive division in 1a Jefferson will have them ready no matter what
Chilhowie definitely will not be one hit wonder, they return almost everybody and a lot of those being seniors this year from my understanding, if you want to represent the West in Salem this year you will have to beat Chilhowie.

Reactions: trutiger16
Chilhowie definitely will not be one hit wonder, they return almost everybody and a lot of those being seniors this year from my understanding, if you want to represent the West in Salem this year you will have to beat Chilhowie.
Do they believe they are that good ? I believe Galax or Gw will intimidate them , but hey we will see.

From what I have read on here, not just the hometown shades on, I would see it like this. Of course I dont know much about other areas of the state.

1. Riverheads
2. Essex
3. Galax
4. Chilhowie
5. William Campbell
6. Sussex Central
7. Northumberland
8. Franklin
9. Central Lunenburg
10. Colonial Beach

HM: Parry McCluer, Alta Vista, George Wythe, West Point, Washington and Lee

Mt Fan im not very informed on the teams in the West if you will what are your top 4 teams out West ?

I think Chilhowie and Galax are your top 2 but after that it's a toss up, George Wythe has always got talent and Fort Chiswell has been playing better in the last few years but I heard a rumor about their coach leaving but know one has confirmed that so at this point it's just a rumor. The coalfield teams can never be counted out, JI Burton, Honaker, Grundy, Hurley and others. I don't know that much about any of those other than what you will read on here. GKKING is probably the most knowledgeable poster on here for the western teams so im sure he can tell you a lot more than me.

Chilhowie and Galax are the top two teams in Class 1 West. Honaker will be much improved in my opinion. JI Burton, George Wythe and Grundy should be quality teams. Hurley lost their coach and will take several steps backward in my opinion. Tester would be difficult for anyone to replace. Narrows was a pleasant surprise last season but I believe they lost too much due to graduation to be a factor this season.

I'm not as familiar with the I-81 corridor area but Parry McClure and Covington seem to always produce quality teams. It's a safe bet, that will continue.

Fort Chiswell is Class 2 and the coach left last week for Ridgeview. It isn't a rumor and has been widely reported in several newspapers.

https://www.southwesttimes.com/2018/07/fort-chiswell-football-coach-steps-down/

Chilhowie and Galax are the top two teams in Class 1 West. Honaker will be much improved in my opinion. JI Burton, George Wythe and Grundy should be quality teams. Hurley lost their coach and will take several steps backward in my opinion. Tester would be difficult for anyone to replace. Narrows was a pleasant surprise last season but I believe they lost too much due to graduation to be a factor this season.

I'm not as familiar with the I-81 corridor area but Parry McClure and Covington seem to always produce quality teams. It's a safe bet, that will continue.

Fort Chiswell is Class 2 and the coach left last week for Ridgeview. It isn't a rumor and has been widely reported in several newspapers.

https://www.southwesttimes.com/2018/07/fort-chiswell-football-coach-steps-down/
I forgot FORT went back to 2a last year and losing a coach this close to the start of the season is tough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT