ADVERTISEMENT

Predictable Week Ahead for Shenandoah Teams

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I will get this particular post out of the way early this week. Although we still have some competitive and meaningful games left in the regular season, I don't think any of them will take place this upcoming weekend. Instead I see four wins for four home teams, and in fact three of them should be runaways.

The only possibly competitive game will be Luray at East Rock, and I am not expecting too much of a game there. The Eagles can score in bunches when that passing game is working and I just don't see the Dogs stopping them. Luray might keep it close for a while, but I see East Rock pulling away in the second half to about a 15-20 point win.

The other three games will be held in Augusta County and in all three cases (Wilson at Riverheads, Page at Stuarts Draft, and Stonewall at Buffalo Gap), the home fans should be treated to a comfortable romp. I know there are still some folks who think Wilson could cause some noise before the season is over, but I just don't see it. In fact they could even have trouble at Page on finale night, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Since Riverheads finishes up with two road games, including the biggie at Stuarts Draft on November 4th, this (Wilson) game will be Senior Night up on the hill. All the more reason why the Gladiators will not let anything in green interfere with the celebration. I will officially go with about a 56-14 win, but it could be lower-scoring, more like something in the 42-7 range.

The same could be said for the other two games. Maybe the offenses will take over and the losing teams will score a little here and there, but don't be surprised if one or more of these Augusta games is a shutout. At this point (granted five days in advance!) the weather looks like it could be nice for a late October game, so maybe there won't be quite so much bundling up needed.

This is probably the least competitive week for the Shenandoah for the whole season, so I will take in a Valley game. I will either watch Spotswood at RE Lee or Broadway at Waynesboro. Next week's matchups don't look much better. The season finale between Draft and the Red team should be the district game of the year.

Looks like the weather might not be quite as nice as I had hoped. Rats. When I originally posted, the forecast at that time was calling for temps in the 80s up through Thursday, which it still is. But then it will turn colder with rain expected on Friday. So we could be looking at teams having to dodge rain for the third time in the last four weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT