ADVERTISEMENT

Question about LCA and their Power Points

Sep 23, 2017
Vinton
My question is does their week 2 game against Central Virginia Disciples not count as a game towards the power points? Why or why not?

My question is does their week 2 game against Central Virginia Disciples not count as a game towards the power points? Why or why not?
I don't believe the game will count. The VHSL has to recognize non-VHSL opponents for a game to count towards a team's playoff power points (I don't know the criteria to be "recognized"). I don't see the Central Virginia Disciples listed on the VHSL master schedule as an "out of state" team, which is where the teams they recognize for power points are listed.
Also, if you look at the VHSL weekly ratings, that game is showing zero points for LCA.

Someone can jump in and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the game will count. The VHSL has to recognize non-VHSL opponents for a game to count towards a team's playoff power points (I don't know the criteria to be "recognized"). I don't see the Central Virginia Disciples listed on the VHSL master schedule as an "out of state" team, which is where the teams they recognize for power points are listed.
I don’t think it will count

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT