ADVERTISEMENT

Question about points

RedPrideNation_RollPride

VaPreps All District
Oct 13, 2014
I realize it's extremely early but I was fiddling with the points for a few teams and was wondering how Hurley is awarded points for the 3 out of state teams they play. Not arguing about them receiving points, I am just not sure how they are calculated especially the rider points. If I live long enough I may figure out how this works, lol. Anybody got a clue?

Go over to SWVA sports board. A1West and 2A West has the unofficial points
Posted.

Almost every team in far Southwest VA plays games out of state, not just Hurley. but I have no idea how to figure the points up.

I guess I still have a lot to learn as I am off on most of them by .25 to 1 full point on one of them. I appreciate those that have that scoring down. I seem to mess up the rider points which throws off my average.

Honestjohn is right. Schools in SWVA have a difficult time scheduling 10 teams,
Especially A1 teams and 2A Teams also. A1 teams play a lot of schools in Upper
East Tennessee and some out of southern West Virginia, and some in the
State line area of North Carolina. In other words, out of state play is very common
For schools in SWVA.
As far as how power points are allocated, I would have no idea. The VHSL Helper
Has the formula down to perfection. You may want to look at his Web site.
Good luck!

I am pretty sure that they go by what their classification would be if they lived here. Then the rest is the exact same as here ex. 2 points for each win

VHSL gives all out of state football opponents a rating. They research or have the schools that schedule them send in enrollment figures.

That is correct and points are awarded based on the vhsl enrollment guidleines not the out of state ranking. As an example there are some AAA schools in TN that classify as 2a in Va. So although they are 3a in TN they are recognized as 2a for points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT