ADVERTISEMENT

Radford Bobcats Boys Basketball HC Rick Cormany comments after game

There are rules and there is also “the spirit of the rules”. JM may have not broken the rules, per se, but I believe they have definitely broken the spirit of the rules. They didn’t take a high school team and make it an AAU team; they took an AAU team and made it a high school team, and many other schools have suffered the consequences of those actions and decisions.

Well said, Coach. Now let's hope those who have the power to do something about it wake up and take action.

There are rules and there is also “the spirit of the rules”. JM may have not broken the rules, per se, but I believe they have definitely broken the spirit of the rules. They didn’t take a high school team and make it an AAU team; they took an AAU team and made it a high school team, and many other schools have suffered the consequences of those actions and decisions.
These players don’t play together on the same AAU team. They play for the same program but on different teams. It’s a bit of sensationalism going on by saying they suit up for the same AAU team then take the court for JM. I do agree they are better than their classification but this wasn’t a summer team brought to JM together.

These players don’t play together on the same AAU team. They play for the same program but on different teams. It’s a bit of sensationalism going on by saying they suit up for the same AAU team then take the court for JM. I do agree they are better than their classification but this wasn’t a summer team brought to JM together.
We all know AAU plays by age. We knew it was the same program and not necessarily the same team. We also know they all (At least the ballers) play for John Marshall Public High School with an enrollment of 450 ish kids.

We all know AAU plays by age. We knew it was the same program and not necessarily the same team. We also know they all (At least the ballers) play for John Marshall Public High School with an enrollment of 450 ish kids.
450 ish students attending JM based on residence. Whether people like it or not they’ll continue to compete and win. Radford has been to the state championship 11 times, I’m sorry they aren’t going to win anymore for the foreseeable future. I know it’s not “fair” to the kids who’ve been in Sunday school together since preschool but the old saying goes, “life isn’t fair”.

Reactions: UdoIT
450 ish students attending JM based on residence. Whether people like it or not they’ll continue to compete and win. Radford has been to the state championship 11 times, I’m sorry they aren’t going to win anymore for the foreseeable future. I know it’s not “fair” to the kids who’ve been in Sunday school together since preschool but the old saying goes, “life isn’t fair”.
There you go assuming they all go to the same church. I am sure they go to different churches if they even go, and then combined to make the RHS basketball team from all over. Wild.

This isn't about Radford. This is about all of Region A, B, C, D. Let's not forget that. Radford just had the last voice.

Reactions: BigDaddyFromThe434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT