ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey, Sturdivant, Birdy, Whalen/Bell and Beck gone..Who steps up as best RBs in 4a?

Was just sent this. Danville will have one of the most electric backfields in the state (all levels) this season with Los, Graves, Carl Poole Jr. and this young man. Willie Edmunds Jr. who is a rising sophomore, will be a force for the next 3 years. Looks a lot like his big cousin Terrell Edmunds (Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh Steelers) during his days at Dan River. We're expecting big things out of Willie.

One two punch speed and power. TJ Washington and JoJo Doleman at Sherando . Probably combine for over 4500 yards of total offense.

Courtlands Zin White I firmly believe will be tge leader in rushing yards and total yards per game. Dybamic runner, quietly exploding onto the scene. He will be a hot commodity all season. He has the ability to break tge current Courtland season russing record, combind him with 225 lbs brusier Kamron Taylor and you have the best seinor tadem in the state. Lofty goals and expectations being thrown around, but enourmous talent they both have. Courtlands rushing attack by fat will be thier strength.

I beg to differ a team hanging points in the spread breaks the will just as easily as power football except it might not take as long.
But the power team is going to limit the possessions of the spread team, and if they can play power football on offense they can probably put pressure on the QB. Beware the power team that can rush the passer and has a good secondary. Does any team that has had extraordinary success over a long long period of time come to mind?

But the power team is going to limit the possessions of the spread team, and if they can play power football on offense they can probably put pressure on the QB. Beware the power team that can rush the passer and has a good secondary. Does any team that has had extraordinary success over a long long period of time come to mind?
You talking about Westfield? :D

Reactions: falcettik
Score a lot of points quickly with big plays, get ball back and score some more. Power football may have been ok back in the 1950s, but not in 2018.
I like for games to be decided by halftime, i.e. hanging 40-50 points on scoreboard.

Here’s the thing, I have seen some bad power football teams and some bad spread teams, just as I’ve seen teams be successful in both types of systems as well. Run what works and if it works stick to it

Reactions: mike salem
I think Persinger (rising Jr) or Wood (rising So) will be the go to guys for Salem in the backfield.

I think Persinger (rising Jr) or Wood (rising So) will be the go to guys for Salem in the backfield.
Wood can really play but like some have mentioned he is probably a little better on the defensive side of the ball. I still think he will be the best RB on the team though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT