ADVERTISEMENT

Rd. 3 Woodgrove (11-1) at Jefferson Forest (11-0)

Who wins

• Woodgrove

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Jefferson Forest

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Here's my two cents. I know for whatever reason many posters don't believe I have credibility because I have said JF would win in every discussion thus far, but I also haven't been wrong yet in saying so. However, JF is a stellar offense going up against a stellar defense. JF is a slightly above average defense against a slightly above average offense (from the film I saw against Sherando). JF wins by two scores. They do this because of their offensive playmakers. Woodgrove D will give them quite a fight, but at the end of the day I feel that the JF coaching staff will allow the offensive playmakers to make enough happen on misdirection and PA pass etc. to come out with the W. I think the amount of blitz packages Woodgrove uses will be both a blessing and a curse for them at times. Just my thoughts

Here's my two cents. I know for whatever reason many posters don't believe I have credibility because I have said JF would win in every discussion thus far, but I also haven't been wrong yet in saying so. However, JF is a stellar offense going up against a stellar defense. JF is a slightly above average defense against a slightly above average offense (from the film I saw against Sherando). JF wins by two scores. They do this because of their offensive playmakers. Woodgrove D will give them quite a fight, but at the end of the day I feel that the JF coaching staff will allow the offensive playmakers to make enough happen on misdirection and PA pass etc. to come out with the W. I think the amount of blitz packages Woodgrove uses will be both a blessing and a curse for them at times. Just my thoughts
This will be a very competitive game. I could make an argument for either team winning. I kind of feel the same way about Salem/Champe. Should be 2 evenly matched West matchups.

Well the VHSL just puts the schedule out they don't set game times they leave that up to the schools. They just publish what is submitted.

I've been having an argument with a friend of mine for a couple of weeks about the role of the VHSL. We argue because he seems to believe the VHSL is responsible for everything that is happening including the playoff format. When in all actuality the VHSL is like the administrative assistant to the regions. They take what the region says and puts the information out there for the people. The AD's go to the meetings and get the information and then relay back to the principals what their views are and the ultimate vote comes down to the principals. The principals run the VHSL. The VHSL provides options but the principals have the final say so. Like someone told me yesterday the VHSL sets a date for district and regional contests to be completed and they just say "Send me two teams" to play for it all.
Yep and that's the problem because some principals know nothing about sports, some act like they do, and the small fraction of them know a little bit about high school sports.

Reactions: VolNation85
j
I just wanted to ask what part of JF defense is slightly above average? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: catchtds
Only have one question about your post. You think JF has an above average defense allowing those many points. I think the defense of the cavaliers is what will cause them problems. If they lose it will be because of JFs defense.

A Millbrook team that scored 65 the previous week scored 14. 7 came from a special teams play that started their drive on the 5. A brookville team that was supposed to be "daunting" (they weren't that great) scores 7 on the starters. MV game is 40-0 at halftime before starters pulled. Not saying the defense is amazing, but if you look at an average defense across the board - JF's is a little above average. They wouldn't be in the third round of that weren't the case. Furthermore, they make plays and get turnovers. The turnover margin (not sure the exact numbers) but is at minimum a +12. Again, not saying they're amazing. But they're as good as Woodgrove's Offense in my opinion (not saying too much there). Woodgrove Defense is what will give us some fits.

Reactions: OCBoy
Why are we talking about the field, the stands, the bathrooms, the food, the bands and the commute? Can anything matter less.

Can anyone actually provide information on the game. What offenses will be run? How are the defenses? Can The Coaches have their boys ready? Injury report? Is there a size differential in the offensive and defensive lines? We know JF can run. Can they pass? Same for Woodgrove.

Here's what I see. Woodgrove has a very good defense. JF does not. This is what wins Championships. Who will out score the other? It's a tough call because no matter what Woodgrove puts out there, it's still Navy Jones. JF will score points. Will it be enough?

Smart folks at Woodgrove. Very good all around as a team. I think they have enough to hold the Cavs sufficiently to win.

Woodgrove 42 - JF 35

Reactions: hokievt96
Why are we talking about the field, the stands, the bathrooms, the food, the bands and the commute? Can anything matter less.

Can anyone actually provide information on the game. What offenses will be run? How are the defenses? Can The Coaches have their boys ready? Injury report? Is there a size differential in the offensive and defensive lines? We know JF can run. Can they pass? Same for Woodgrove.

Here's what I see. Woodgrove has a very good defense. JF does not. This is what wins Championships. Who will out score the other? It's a tough call because no matter what Woodgrove puts out there, it's still Navy Jones. JF will score points. Will it be enough?

Smart folks at Woodgrove. Very good all around as a team. I think they have enough to hold the Cavs sufficiently to win.

Woodgrove 42 - JF 35
Sometimes it's those things outside of the basics that keep these posts cordial and friendly. Go with the flow it's these things that add up to keeping and growing an exciting good program.

I saw Woodgroves offense against Sherando , it's good but not great. Sherando lack of offense was more of a factor than the defense of Woodgrove. I would still rate Woodgrove defense much better than Jefferson Forest. Anything can happen in these high school games , but I like the fact that Woodgrove has some overall defensive speed to the sideline, a factor that will be key to slowing the JF running game down. If JF has a potent passing attack then they could cause Woodgrove problems. I like Woodgrove based on the only history we all have access to.

Reactions: Tom Potter
I saw Woodgroves offense against Sherando , it's good but not great. Sherando lack of offense was more of a factor than the defense of Woodgrove. I would still rate Woodgrove defense much better than Jefferson Forest. Anything can happen in these high school games , but I like the fact that Woodgrove has some overall defensive speed to the sideline, a factor that will be key to slowing the JF running game down. If JF has a potent passing attack then they could cause Woodgrove problems. I like Woodgrove based on the only history we all have access to.
OK, Sherando didn't have an offense, according to you. I already know, the Warriors had one hell of a defense. Woodgrove still won.

Here's the question. Do you think the JF defense is in any way the class of Sherando? If you do, then the Cavs win.

Reactions: Daboyz19

Woodgrove 42 - JF 35
JF can pass quite well because they set up the pass with the run. All of thier pass plays are play action that look exactly like thier run plays. If Woodgrove is able to stop the run (some how) then JF's pasaing game is more predictable thus less effective. I don't know much about Woodgrove othee than they traditionally have had a great defense in their short existence

Comes down to the bigs. I have not seen woodgrove up front this year. Whomever wins up front and takes care of the ball will most likely win.

Don't forget Millbrook scored more points against Woodgrove than they did against JF...Good luck to both teams!

Reactions: jfcav1
My gut instinct leads me to believe this game will be a Woodgrove comfortable win.

I have not seen any JF film for this year and I do not have a son on the team or in the program yet.

I can not speak to the Xs and Os, Shauntclair, but I do know that we have 27 seniors on this team who have made it to the 2nd round of playoffs the last two years and they are hungry.

I do know that Woodgrove has a juggernaut O-Line that typically puts Defenses in skates in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I do think JF has the most team speed of any team we have played this year so that could be the determining factor.

Our coaches will have the lads ready with a good gameplan .

If we do not have to punt much I like our chances.

Of course penalties, turnovers and injuries will play their role in the game.
We have a few starters with gimpy injuries that do not allow practice and one starting DE is still out with mono.

The Woodgrove "Beef" lineman will hopefully be the difference.

Hopefully the "48 minutes of gridiron Hell" Woodgrove football team visits Forest, VA tomorrow night!

Let's Roll Wolverines!!!!

Reactions: jfcav1
My gut instinct leads me to believe this game will be a Woodgrove comfortable win.

I have not seen any JF film for this year and I do not have a son on the team or in the program yet.

I can not speak to the Xs and Os, Shauntclair, but I do know that we have 27 seniors on this team who have made it to the 2nd round of playoffs the last two years and they are hungry.

I do know that Woodgrove has a juggernaut O-Line that typically puts Defenses in skates in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I do think JF has the most team speed of any team we have played this year so that could be the determining factor.

We have a few starters with gimpy injuries that do not allow practice and one starting DE is still out with mono.

Hopefully the "48 minutes of gridiron Hell" Woodgrove football team visits Forest, VA tomorrow night!

This Woodgrove team reminds me a lot of Liberty from last year. Huge O line etc but the difference I think Woodgrove is better than liberty of last year.

Woodgrove Nation is inbound.

Two busloads of fans and numerous folks driving down.

Any students planning to come? Love seeing a good student support. Hope ya brought some lawn chairs! :)

Comes down to the bigs. I have not seen woodgrove up front this year. Whomever wins up front and takes care of the ball will most likely win.
Exactly... These are two solid run predicated teams with some pretty special RB's on both teams. Clewis and Kpaduwa will HAVE to be a factor. They were not productive last week, so they need to get on track. Jones and company also have to produce against a pretty decent front 7 from Woodgrove. This game will be decided in the trenches for sure! Passing schmassing, neither team is gonna rely on the air to win this one.

Just rolled past Natural Bridge proper... 45 minutes ago!

We are just exiting God's Country / Bumphuck, VA cell service dead zone....

Making great time, thankfully nobody has left for post Thanksgiving trip home.

I did get to travel thru Glasgow and Big Island, VA for the first time in my life!

Be there soon, Lord Willing!

Let's go Woodgrove!!! Welcome to the worst stadium in 4A lol

Were is the Love?

Enough about JF stadium.

I will let you know what is going on at JF thia year!

I am lucky living in LoCo where the govt. pays to build a pretty sweet stadium from day one!
Some counties are more frugal than others; I can respect that

Screw X's and O's. I've said the lack of defense will haunt JF later in the playoffs. Tonight's the night. JF will score points but Woodgrove will grind them down in the 2nd half and edge them out in the end. That's my view, which could also be entirely wrong. GL to both this evening.

You might want to rethink that!!! 49-24 HT

I'm watching the game too. JF is just too fast for Woodgrove. Almost every TD is untouched to the end zone.
That's what I have been saying all season about JF. Not that they have too much speed but their backs hardly get touched before 5-10 yards down field

It's been that way all season. I coach at a school in the same district so we seen just how good their OL is in person...unfortunately lol
Honestly, I see the OLine as decent but the misdirection is the thing. You have no idea where the ball is.

JF very slow 4th q. Just been running it up the middle and draining clock. Not running any big plays. Game over. How bout that Woodgrove defense? Good game both sides

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT