ADVERTISEMENT

Rd. 3 Woodgrove (11-1) at Jefferson Forest (11-0)

Who wins

• Woodgrove

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Jefferson Forest

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
The JF bleachers are horrible so Woodgrove people bring a lawn chair. Last year I went to both EV and Liberty games at JF. The "bleachers" are concrete. And actually the Woodgrove band will fill the seats alone.... Be prepared

Reactions: Tom Potter
The JF bleachers are horrible so Woodgrove people bring a lawn chair. Last year I went to both EV and Liberty games at JF. The "bleachers" are concrete. And actually the Woodgrove band will fill the seats alone.... Be prepared

I will spread the word.
Thanks for the heads up!

YIS,
Tom Potter

I will spread the word.
Thanks for the heads up!

YIS,
Tom Potter
Lawn chairs lined all the way around the top in both games 2 rows deep. It is a great atmosphere though. I enjoyed watching the JF student section jump up and down on the home bleachers that look like they extend out over the field. With a new turf field in place this year it might have a better look. GL to Woodgrove a win at JF is possible.

Reactions: Tom Potter

From what others are posting in different threads I gather they have until Monday to make a decision.
I suspect we will know the day and time of game by noon tomorrow because Woodgrove will need as much time as possible to get the motor coaches contracted to get the lads down to Forest!

From what others are posting in different threads I gather they have until Monday to make a decision.
I suspect we will know the day and time of game by noon tomorrow because Woodgrove will need as much time as possible to get the motor coaches contracted to get the lads down to Forest!
Woodgrove fans will be disappointed at the facilities it is a 180 from Woodgrove

Woodgrove players and fans better have thick skin because the pompous JF students and fans will be out in force

Reactions: wikki
So are these bleachers just poured concrete or is there a wood or aluminum bench on top of the concrete?
Thanks.
Straight poured concrete look at it on google maps. Your band will fill them literally...

Woodgrove players and fans better have thick skin because the pompous JF students and fans will be out in force
Woodgrove come in numbers along with their fans and they won't have any issue. EV and Liberty brought a lot of fans if not more. Liberty elected to not bring their band because of the amount of room needed for fans

Reactions: wikki
So are these bleachers just poured concrete or is there a wood or aluminum bench on top of the concrete?
Thanks.
Poured concrete. So old school. I love it. James Monroe is the same way and that's the home side. Just bring your pads. I have to do that even with aluminum bleachers and my old flat ass.

We are humble, God fearing folk @ Woodgrove Nation; pomposity does not phase us.

However, like most Virginians, we suffer fools, the arrogant and general douchebaggery lightly.

Won't be official until tomorrow

What's taking so long? It's the home teams decision and we decided Friday at 7pm for our game against Hanover. I guess with the amount of travel involved the decision may be a little harder.

What's taking so long? It's the home teams decision and we decided Friday at 7pm for our game against Hanover. I guess with the amount of travel involved the decision may be a little harder.
Both ADs. And nothing is official until Monday when it's released so it can be decided Friday or Saturday but it's not official until Monday

Both ADs. And nothing is official until Monday when it's released so it can be decided Friday or Saturday but it's not official until Monday

Woodgrove AD just confirmed to me that game is Friday night @ 1900.

Life is good for 4A West folks willing to brave holiday traffic to see two interesting playoff matchups; one Friday night and one Saturday afternoon!

Reactions: OCBoy

Life is good for 4A West folks willing to brave holiday traffic to see two interesting playoff matchups; one Friday night and one Saturday afternoon!
Still not official until Monday by the vhsl but good move having the games opposite look for some big gate totals

You can really add to the fun by seeing North Stafford at Tuscarora on Friday at 2:00, as well.

Reactions: OCBoy
Still not official until Monday by the vhsl
Well the VHSL just puts the schedule out they don't set game times they leave that up to the schools. They just publish what is submitted.

I've been having an argument with a friend of mine for a couple of weeks about the role of the VHSL. We argue because he seems to believe the VHSL is responsible for everything that is happening including the playoff format. When in all actuality the VHSL is like the administrative assistant to the regions. They take what the region says and puts the information out there for the people. The AD's go to the meetings and get the information and then relay back to the principals what their views are and the ultimate vote comes down to the principals. The principals run the VHSL. The VHSL provides options but the principals have the final say so. Like someone told me yesterday the VHSL sets a date for district and regional contests to be completed and they just say "Send me two teams" to play for it all.

Well the VHSL just puts the schedule out they don't set game times they leave that up to the schools. They just publish what is submitted.

I've been having an argument with a friend of mine for a couple of weeks about the role of the VHSL. We argue because he seems to believe the VHSL is responsible for everything that is happening including the playoff format. When in all actuality the VHSL is like the administrative assistant to the regions. They take what the region says and puts the information out there for the people. The AD's go to the meetings and get the information and then relay back to the principals what their views are and the ultimate vote comes down to the principals. The principals run the VHSL. The VHSL provides options but the principals have the final say so. Like someone told me yesterday the VHSL sets a date for district and regional contests to be completed and they just say "Send me two teams" to play for it all.
Yea I get that but what I'm saying is that it's not technically official until the vhsl puts it on its site. I've known of a couple playoff games be set for one date and the then it changes come Monday

Well it looks like we are going to test out your hypothesis.....
The Woodgrove band will be making the trip to Jefferson Forest!
If the band is as big as it was 2 years ago it will take up 3/4 if not more of the concrete. O and they better be ready to battle the cavalier band they are pretty large too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT