ADVERTISEMENT

Reading between the lines...

How can we justify letting the colleges play (and they will) and not letting kids play? In Virginia there is only 1 hospitalization to-date related to the virus under the age of 20.
TV contracts in the millions with these power conferences and Notre Dame is the difference.

We were told yesterday that at the earliest, out-of-season practices, could begin was July 13th in our county..........and that was a big maybe.

Fauci today in an interview said he could not see how any football can be played this year at any level. The serious outbreaks In various states just show without a vaccine how tenuous any contact in groups is, if started I will wager no one will get to the end of the season. This year is shot for contact sports, cruising and any large gatherings. Sad, but this is reality. Fall of 2022 is the new target.

Fauci today in an interview said he could not see how any football can be played this year at any level. The serious outbreaks In various states just show without a vaccine how tenuous any contact in groups is, if started I will wager no one will get to the end of the season. This year is shot for contact sports, cruising and any large gatherings. Sad, but this is reality. Fall of 2022 is the new target.
Fall 2021 or Fall 2022? Just making sure it’s not a mistake. I agree. I’m hearing that most schools won’t be allowed to have any kids in the building until a vaccine is in place.

They just ok’d the opening of all rec areas,libraries, and,all local activities. so no one really cares about this farce anymore. 5000 people will walk down the street tomorrow TOGETHER in RVA. The protesting has showed people with half a brain and the people in charge that this is no longer a Threat. People will talk about the number of cases increasing,but most people don’t realize is,if your temperature is 1° above normal they list you as a case for more money for the hospital. I assure you...all conditioning will begin “officially” on the 15th. Jsyk... I can’t say this enough.... The kids have already been working out together...just not at the actual schools. With colleges and pros working out and starting up,Virginia high school league sees them Dollar Signs again and wants their part. The kids have already been ordered back to school for the beginning of the school season, so there’s no reason for VHSL to not get their piece of the pie now. I look forward to sitting in the stands that night Highland Springs visits Martinsburg!
The Bulldogs will be waiting at the newly named David M Walker Stadium !!! Great game to kickoff the season!!! #BattleofTheBorder

If Northram will not allow Virginia schools to play and Jim Justice lets the West Virginia schools play. Wonder how that is going to work out.

If Northram will not allow Virginia schools to play and Jim Justice lets the West Virginia schools play. Wonder how that is going to work out.
It's not going to workout. Martinsburg will probably be looking for a new WV opponent soon if not already.

They may have to find opponents for 2 games with Highland Springs and Salem later in the year. If somehow games are allowed, there will probably be travel restrictions.
Yeah you're correct. If they can't I guess 8 games are better than zero.

They may have to find opponents for 2 games with Highland Springs and Salem later in the year. If somehow games are allowed, there will probably be travel restrictions.
It’s a damn shame. West Virginia schools are practicing with no restrictions.

It’s even worse is that I see kids practicing despite what VHSL is saying,just not on the regular field. For goodness sakes...let’m play. They’re going to do it anyway.

Fall 2021 or Fall 2022? Just making sure it’s not a mistake. I agree. I’m hearing that most schools won’t be allowed to have any kids in the building until a vaccine is in place.
Henrivo county schools have already informed kids they will be back in school the Tuesday following Labor Day! We got the email yesterday! The word I got from one coach in Chesterfield is they are being told to be ready to play as scheduled.

Reactions: mike salem
Henrivo county schools have already informed kids they will be back in school the Tuesday following Labor Day! We got the email yesterday! The word I got from one coach in Chesterfield is they are being told to be ready to play as scheduled.
That email was to inform parents that school will start after Labor Day for the 2021-2022 school year. There has been discussions that school in Henrico should start in August. That email yesterday was to inform parents that there will be no changes and school will continue to start after Labor Day.

Reactions: WP02alum
That email was to inform parents that school will start after Labor Day for the 2021-2022 school year. There has been discussions that school in Henrico should start in August. That email yesterday was to inform parents that there will be no changes and school will continue to start after Labor Day.

Lol @HooSprings , c’mon man! Reading is fundamental!

Most school districts in my area*

Wasn’t my intention to speak on the state of Virginia as a whole.

With all the Covid-19 cases showing up in the pro leagues and college programs, no way high schools are going to be playing. This Covid-19 thing is a long way from being over. Wish is was different. Myrtle Beach has major numbers of cases right now. Issued a 14 day quarantine alert for all visitors the last couple of weeks.

With all the Covid-19 cases showing up in the pro leagues and college programs, no way high schools are going to be playing. This Covid-19 thing is a long way from being over. Wish is was different. Myrtle Beach has major numbers of cases right now. Issued a 14 day quarantine alert for all visitors the last couple of weeks.
LSU just announced 30 players had the virus. Just accept this fall and winter is done for HS sports.

This is why it's frustrating when people would rather follow deadly, political talking points instead of the health experts and using common sense. Cases are shooting up in 20+ states now. If everyone used their brains, looked at the bigger picture, and took the proper precautions three months ago, we'd be much closer as a country to normality. Virginia is in a much better situation than Florida, Texas, and much of the south, yet we still probably won't have high school football. Wait til Texans find out they can't get their usual high school football season. It's not going to be a good situation at all, they are waaaaaay more hardcore than we are. But you reap what you sow.

Here are some facts from simple Google searches.

NYC population: 8.4 million.

Hong Kong population: 7.5 million.

NYC virus cases: 212,000.

Hong Kong cases, they were required to wear masks: 1,132.

This is why it's frustrating when people would rather follow deadly, political talking points instead of the health experts and using common sense. Cases are shooting up in 20+ states now. If everyone used their brains, looked at the bigger picture, and took the proper precautions three months ago, we'd be much closer as a country to normality. Virginia is in a much better situation than Florida, Texas, and much of the south, yet we still probably won't have high school football. Wait til Texans find out they can't get their usual high school football season. It's not going to be a good situation at all, they are waaaaaay more hardcore than we are. But you reap what you sow.

Every state surrounding VA is already summer practicing. Watched a Maryland 7 on 7 yesterday!

School starting doesn’t mean in-person necessarily. Or has Henrico said explicitly that all students will return on-site on that date?
1st semester ALL kids will go IN PERSON. Already talking to teachers about it! All this is doing is hurting the kids. Every state surrounding Virginia is already working out, And those kids are now getting looks.

1st semester ALL kids will go IN PERSON. Already talking to teachers about it! All this is doing is hurting the kids. Every state surrounding Virginia is already working out, And those kids are now getting looks.

Lol, I don’t think you have any clue what Henrico Schools are going to do. But you sure do talk about it like you do!

Yep... and look at what just ended at the BOK Center in Tulsa. "He" thinks it's just going to blow over and be done! SBMDH.., our fearless leader...

School budget here about to be voted on and large cuts. School will be combination of in person and remote learning. Parents are furious as they have to go work cannot be home for this. Another total screw up by this amateur bunch of people to solve the problem. Send them to school period and take the best precautions possible. Is anybody here aggressive and decisive??

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
School budget here about to be voted on and large cuts. School will be combination of in person and remote learning. Parents are furious as they have to go work cannot be home for this. Another total screw up by this amateur bunch of people to solve the problem. Send them to school period and take the best precautions possible. Is anybody here aggressive and decisive??

I agree with you, but some people have fallen into the entrapment of living in fear. The other side is so positive that science will prevail that there will be a cure, BUT what if the cure does not happen until next fall or even later? So we stay quarantined and continue to self implode as a country from within. I don't know the solution but I know we cannot continue to live in fear much longer. Our young people need things to do!

@Lafayette what are the precautions you would take, specifically?
Desks six feet apart, classes reduced in size to fit this and staggered to a longer day (staggered arrival time) and on Saturdays, same with the cafeteria/ spacing and more lunch periods to accommodate (10-1 for lunch), and have some classes ( non science that does not require labs) remain in the same classroom and only have the teachers move about.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Yes. And my facebook feed is full of people on vacation at the beach. Just going to spread the virus even more. Virus could have been eradicated by now but a few personal liberties taken away from us was too much to handle. Now no football. :)

The daycares have no room to take these kids, and if they did, they would be less socially distanced than at school. The older kids will not be hanging at home, there is no lockdown order, so they will be working or going to places more dangerous than school. Masks and temp checks and as much of what Lafayette said as possible.

I think the main issue driving these plans for mixed learning (in-person vs digital) is budget. Can’t functionally extend the work day (not to mention Saturdays) for all those teachers without corresponding compensation. It’s not like teachers are adequately compensated to start with, so I suppose most school divisions are factoring that into their contingency plans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT