ADVERTISEMENT

Reading between the lines...

Great dialogue but lets list all the atrocities from 1619 -2020 committed on people of color.

1619 -2020 - Let that sink in !
Slavery put us behind, no question. Today we have no excuses though. We can go to school from grades kindergarten to 12th for free. We can go to college for free by playing sports, music and academics. We can go to trade school or the military. Black people can get ahead if we put our minds to it and work hard. I’m a testament. Hoos Fan is a testament. I grew up in a single parent household in Danville, surrounded by generations of ignorance.. Went to college and got my master’s. There is a lot racism in America and I believe all black people can share numerous times that we’ve all been discriminated against. I’m not dismissing any of that.. BUT..We also must hold each other accountable if we’re going to hold other races accountable.

This world has to be better , it’s crime violent crime occurring in black and white communities, anybody see what happened in Spotslyvania over the weekend?

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Infection Fatality Rate (23k / 1.7M = 1.4% IFR)
Actual Cases with an outcome as of May 1 = estimated actual recovered (1,671,351) + estimated actual deaths (23,430) = 1,694,781.

Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = Deaths / Cases = 23,430 / 1,694,781 = 1.4% (1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recover).

Reactions: mmqp
I love how on a high school sports forum where someone asked everyone’s opinion about sports being played this fall has turned into a childish political mess :/

Reactions: Rev_Real
I love how on a high school sports forum where someone asked everyone’s opinion about sports being played this fall has turned into a childish political mess :/
For the most part, it's still been a good discussion. We're all bummed because no sports are being played and the football season is still up in the air. Gotta talk about something to keep our minds alert! First and foremost, we're all here because we love football. And, if the moderators wanted to keep it strictly football related, they still can. Either they've chosen not to and left it up to us to keep it civil, or they just haven't noticed it yet. Feel free to report it to them though, if you think it's necessary.

I not posted much but this a worthy conversation, when the kids do get back together in schools and on the gridiron, some of these things in this post will have to be addressed, usually a football Locker room is one the most diverse places in America, kids black, white, or whatever play for one another and form botherhoods regardless of race. To keep this the adults must get in front of these issues and educate all properly.

Reactions: gwb16
Slavery put us behind, no question. Today we have no excuses though. We can go to school from grades kindergarten to 12th for free. We can go to college for free by playing sports, music and academics. We can go to trade school or the military. Black people can get ahead if we put our minds to it and work hard. I’m a testament. Hoos Fan is a testament. I grew up in a single parent household in Danville, surrounded by generations of ignorance.. Went to college and got my master’s. There is a lot racism in America and I believe all black people can share numerous times that we’ve all been discriminated against. I’m not dismissing any of that.. BUT..We also must hold each other accountable if we’re going to hold other races accountable.
True and I’m proud that you made it , but it’s a 1000 times harder for a person of color to succeed in America, people of color are judged by their skin before they are given a chance , this does not mean the people who judge are racist its programmed to react that way, that’s why this movement across America is so important so we may one not be judged before you get a chance. I am very happy to see the support and the want for change by our white Americans bothers and sisters, black on black crime is unacceptable but when you oppress people and limit resources and opportunities you get results that are very bad.

Where's football? Have we totally lost focus on THIS board?
I think the lack of football talk here clearly indicates that the chance of fall football right now is 0%. Surges everywhere, the whole virus throwing the US in disarray no viable plan to control it. Football not happening. Not in the Spring either. Let’s all just plan for September 2021.

I think the lack of football talk here clearly indicates that the chance of fall football right now is 0%. Surges everywhere, the whole virus throwing the US in disarray no viable plan to control it. Football not happening. Not in the Spring either. Let’s all just plan for September 2021.
You're probably right! ...and it really sucks!! For me (and I'm only speaking for me) I am sick and tired of hearing coronavirus, Gotta do this, gotta do that, Statues falling, riots, looting, Murders, kids killing each other, Donald Trump, The Democrats, The Republicans, Back stabbing people trying to get over.... I'm getting so I don't even want to watch tv!!! Come on here for a change of pace and it's the same sh^* all over again!

You're probably right! ...and it really sucks!! For me (and I'm only speaking for me) I am sick and tired of hearing coronavirus, Gotta do this, gotta do that, Statues falling, riots, looting, Murders, kids killing each other, Donald Trump, The Democrats, The Republicans, Back stabbing people trying to get over.... I'm getting so I don't even want to watch tv!!! Come on here for a change of pace and it's the same sh^* all over again!
I feel your pain, trust me. I don't watch much TV at all anymore because of what you just said. TV just spoon feeds you a lot of baloney anymore. Good conversation and debate is becoming a lost art.

An example of spoonfed baloney:

One would think Fox would be smart enough to just pick a photo that doesn't have Trump in it... unless they were trying to send a message....

@mmqp your mind is so little that you already forgot that it has been discussed in this thread already? Conclusion: it's higher than the regular flu and higher than H1N1.

By the way, I love my people.

Now I'm gonna let you keep showing that you have zero empathy and humanity, and that you support treason. Keep posting bait, it won't work. Be smart, protect your family. We don't want you catching COVID and saying, "you told me so". You're probably in the age group or have co-morbities that make you high risk for death, so we don't want your son growing up without a father. Although, as evil as you keep showing that you are, it might be a good thing for him. Take care.
This was neither Black Lives Matter nor the Black Panthers. It was an entirely different group.

I also want to point out that while violent crime is getting more filmed and exposed now, it's still not nearly as bad as it used to be. This is from 1990-2018, but even with everything going on now, there would have to be a lot more violent crime going on to change the stats dramatically. If actual reform gets passed (along with other factors like legalizing weed), it'll drop more:

EZ6_7VaXgAIFEEs

Yesterday I saw twitter tear a high school girl apart. She posted a picture of black out Tuesday which showed solidarity for what all that has been going on...Somebody found out she supported Trump and went and dug deep to find her holding a Mike’s Hard Lemonade and tagged her principal, job and the colleges she applied to..
That's why social media is the bane of our existence. It should be called anti-social media. I stay away from it because it is simply way too knee-jerk. Nobody thinks before they speak anymore.

The bad side of social media outweighs the good, but a good thing about it is more of the real world, like police brutality, is getting filmed, and the world can see it instantly. It also exposes the Karens and other psychos of the world.

Reactions: one man
The bad side of social media outweighs the good, but a good thing about it is more of the real world, like police brutality, is getting filmed, and the world can see it instantly. It also exposes the Karens and other psychos of the world.

Karens like yourself? Psychos like yourself?

You're right, it does put police brutality out there for all to see, which is great. It also exposes hate crime hoaxes for all to see, so that the media and people like yourself are not allowed to keep pushing the narrative.

Karens like yourself? Psychos like yourself?

You're right, it does put police brutality out there for all to see, which is great. It also exposes hate crime hoaxes for all to see, so that the media and people like yourself are not allowed to keep pushing the narrative.
I know you guys are just talking sh*t but @LionNation540 is one of my good friends, he’s a real good guy like I can see you are. I thought it sounded horrible earlier but maybe you guys should really DM each other. Could become the best of friends, you never know!

This is a great take. And not trying to dump on you with this, but feel like I should say it. This message board is social media. But I understand & appreciate what you were saying.
No offense taken, and I agree that this board is considered social media. "Back in my younger days", we had BBS, bulletin board systems, that were similar to this type of format. So when I say "social media", what I really mean is Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. People are now realizing the potential for harm that these things have, as well as the good. I love the fact you can get eyewitness videos, but people need to realize that those videos can be manipulated. Back in the 80's, there was a movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger called "The Running Man". It showed the people in charge manipulating video in order to push an agenda. It's actually set in 2019. It got a lot of now right.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Yeah I figured you meant Facebook/Twitter/IG. But I think these online message boards can have equal negative impact so I view them similarly. The only difference is less people participate here. Man I LOVE Running Man. That & Total Recall are my favorite Arnold movies.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
True and I’m proud that you made it , but it’s a 1000 times harder for a person of color to succeed in America, people of color are judged by their skin before they are given a chance , this does not mean the people who judge are racist its programmed to react that way, that’s why this movement across America is so important so we may one not be judged before you get a chance. I am very happy to see the support and the want for change by our white Americans bothers and sisters, black on black crime is unacceptable but when you oppress people and limit resources and opportunities you get results that are very bad.
That really depends on the person.

It definitely isn't harder for Lebron James' children to succeed compared to white people that grow up in trailer parks.

That really depends on the person.

It definitely isn't harder for Lebron James' children to succeed compared to white people that grow up in trailer parks.
This reminds me of "Trading Places". Environment or genetics is what they were betting on. Environment was correct.

Part of the good side of social media. Snowflake Karen's been fired already. (Warning, language)

This Karen's face when she finds out she's getting filmed... and her poor dog wanted no parts of the situation:

Last edited:
For the people who keep downplaying the deaths and downplaying COVID in general, and won't think long term, here you go. I can't see school sports happening anytime soon, I came to terms with it months ago:

I know you guys are just talking sh*t but @LionNation540 is one of my good friends, he’s a real good guy like I can see you are. I thought it sounded horrible earlier but maybe you guys should really DM each other. Could become the best of friends, you never know!

I'll take your word on that my friend. For now we're at each others throats. But as I've said before I'm hoping for better times for all of us, here and nationwide/worldwide.

Nobody thinks before they speak anymore.

This wasn't something we magically lost the ability to do over the past decade or so, most people have always been garbage at it. The difference now is they choose to express such idiocy on platforms where other people can call them on their BS. 40 years ago people just said dumb stuff and their spouses rolled their eyes and/or told them to shutup and quit being stupid, they didn't get dressed and run to the town square and get up on an overturned barrel to spew their idiocy. But now that idiocy comes from the same people who are now sitting in their underwear and eating a bowl of cornflakes in their living room. We've made it too easy for dumb people to speak to other dumb people and even worse, these people were never taught by their parents to take responsibility for what comes out of their mouth so everyone is upset that people aren't interested in tolerating their garbage and that actions yield consequences.

It's actually incredibly easy to not say stupid things on social media and there are a number of ways to accomplish this like: thinking things through before you hit post, keeping all your accounts private and, as a last resort, if you think you're a moron and say dumb stuff constantly then maybe you don't really need that Facebook account.

Last edited:
This wasn't something we magically lost the ability to do over the past decade or so, most people have always been garbage at it. The difference now is they choose to express such idiocy on platforms where other people can call them on their BS. 40 years ago people just said dumb stuff and their spouses rolled their eyes and/or told them to shutup and quit being stupid, they didn't get dressed and run to the town square and get up on an overturned barrel to spew their idiocy. But now that idiocy comes from the same people who are now sitting in their underwear and eating a bowl of cornflakes in their living room. We've made it too easy for dumb people to speak to other dumb people and even worse, these people were never taught by their parents to take responsibility for what comes out of their mouth so everyone is upset that people aren't interested in tolerating their garbage and that actions yield consequences.

It's actually incredibly easy to not say stupid things on social media and there are a number of ways to accomplish this like: thinking things through before you hit post, keeping all your accounts private and, as a last resort, if you think you're a moron and say dumb stuff constantly then maybe you don't really need that Facebook account.

Stop projecting. You of all people sit there and write this lol.

Start working on explaining why you were 100% in agreement with rioters and looters burning down places of business, while not practicing social distancing but then expect the rest of us to wear masks and shut down churches and whatnot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT