ADVERTISEMENT

Region 2B BOYS

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
#3 Clarke County defeats #6 Stuarts Draft 60-50.

Advance to semis on Friday.

Final

#5 Luray 80 #4 Fort Defiance 67.

Boys Basketball Region 2B quarterfinals.

Region 2B Semifinals (Boys- Friday night)

#7 Strasburg at #3 Clarke Co. 6 pm

#5 Luray at #1 Madison Co. 7 pm

#7 Strasburg with a 73-54 Region 2B Quarterfinal win at #2 Buckingham Co tonight.

The Rams will travel to Clarke Co on Friday for a 6 pm Region 2B Semifinal

On the bracket that the schools put out. In the teams advancing to the next round it has spots for for teams from the region. That is not right is it? Should only be 2 correct.

The Strasburg and Buckingham score surprised me I thought it would be the other way around especially with Conrad for the Rams only having 9 points. I figured the knights would have throttled the Rams just looking at the records and the way the rams have played all year

On the bracket that the schools put out. In the teams advancing to the next round it has spots for for teams from the region. That is not right is it? Should only be 2 correct.

The Strasburg and Buckingham score surprised me I thought it would be the other way around especially with Conrad for the Rams only having 9 points. I figured the knights would have throttled the Rams just looking at the records and the way the rams have played all year
I obviously haven’t seen Strasburg this year until last night. Strasburg made 13 threes. I gonna guess that’s a season high. Seemed like every shot they put up was falling. This team averaged just under 50 ppg. Buckinghams point guard was trying to play through an illness and he just looked fatigued all night. He’s the guy that kind of gets everyone else going. We scored 6 points in the 1st and 3rd quarters which was our demise. The Rams made 6 threes in the 1st quarter and led 26-6. Buckingham fought back and made it a 6 game at the half, 37-31. Strasburg opened the 3rd on a 10-0 run and it stayed about a 15-20 point game the rest of the way.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Boys : Region 2B semifinals:

Final: #ClarkeCounty 43, Strasburg 33.

Eagles advance to Saturday's title game at Shenandoah University.

They better win that one or they get JM Correct. It was a sloppy game by both teams. The Eagles earned this win. They started hitting shots and unfortunately the Rams could not have hit the ocean if they were in a boat

Region 2B Semifinal

1:13 to go in the game

Madison 47 Luray 45

Madison just buried a 3 pointer - Time out

Region 2B Semifinal

59 seconds to go in the game

Luray 48 Madison 47

Luray just buried a 3 pointer - Time out

Luray hits 1 of 2 FT

49-47 Luray

Luray misses 2 FT

Lot of missed shots by Madison

17 seconds left

Madison makes 1 of 2 FT

Luray 49 Madison 48

15 seconds left

Madison fouls

Luray makes 2 FT

Luray leads 51-48

15 seconds left

HALF: Luray 23, Clarke County 22.

Christian Lentz and Matthew Owens each with eight points for the Bulldogs.

Luray outscored Clarke 15-10 in the second period.

#ClarkeCounty led at half by Caidan Broy, Will Booker and Michael Kerr-Hobert with 6 points each.

Eagles outrebounded 13-6 in 2nd quarter and Luray made 6 of 7 free throws in quarter.

Louie Marino has 3 fouls for Clarke.

Boys’ : Region 2B title game:

Luray 32, #ClarkeCounty 28,

3:04 3rd quarter.

Christian Lentz putback for Luray.

6-0 Bulldogs run

END 3Q: Luray 34, Clarke County 32.

It’s a tight one here in Winchester with the Region 2B crown hanging in the balance.

To the fourth quarter we go.

FINAL: Boys’ : Region 2B title game:

Luray 50, #ClarkeCounty 40.

Eagles fall to 20-8,

Luray now 18-7 after improving to 2-2 vs. Eagles.

Clarke will travel to John Marshall for Tuesday’s Class 2 state quarters

Congratulations to the Luray Bulldogs. The Eagles now have the unfortunate task of trying to slay the giant in John Marshall.

Reactions: MCAthletics
I kinda feel for Clarke County…they were runners up in the regular season (no banner); runner up in the BRD tourney (no banner); runner up in the Region tourney (no banner); now they get a trip to JM.

I would love to have seen an Emmart-led CC team play JM though. Guarantee it would have been a very physical event!

Reactions: pizzzzza
JM would've beat Clarke co bye 60 points. I've watched them 3 times this year here in the Richmond metro 804 area against some really good teams and they beat them by 40.

I kinda feel for Clarke County…they were runners up in the regular season (no banner); runner up in the BRD tourney (no banner); runner up in the Region tourney (no banner); now they get a trip to JM.

I would love to have seen an Emmart-led CC team play JM though. Guarantee it would have been a very physical event!
Clarke's problem is too much one on one play. Only saw a couple of games and a lot of times whoever got the rebound or took the inbounds pass dribbled down court and shot the ball with no passes. Most of the time their big guy was the one bringing the ball up court. Pretty sure that wouldn't happen if Emmart was still here. Hopefully next year the new coach can get them playing more team ball next year.

Never said or implied differently…but Emmart’s boys would have been very, very physical. Would have been an interesting game to watch regardless of the score.
Hell yea. Clarke has athletes but more so in the football sense. Back in the title run years they played a team I believe was Chesterfield Community High School who's front line was like 6'8", 6'6" and 6'5" and both guards were at least 6'. Clarke beat them in the region and then had to play them again in the state semi-final and beat them again. Probably couple of the biggest wins Clarke's had besides the title's and the time they beat Martinsburg when they were winning WV titles every year.

Hell yea. Clarke has athletes but more so in the football sense. Back in the title run years they played a team I believe was Chesterfield Community High School who's front line was like 6'8", 6'6" and 6'5" and both guards were at least 6'. Clarke beat them in the region and then had to play them again in the state semi-final and beat them again. Probably couple of the biggest wins Clarke's had besides the title's and the time they beat Martinsburg when they were winning WV titles every year.
Chesterfield Community is now Carver Academy, who is the Class 1 Region B champions.

Reactions: CLASS OF 80 EAGLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT