ADVERTISEMENT

Region 3-C Volleyball

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I understand that the number one seed Fort Defiance will be hosting the number four seed Wilson Thursday night in a regional semi-final. The winner will go on the regional final and earn a state tournament berth whereas the loser will be finished for the season.

Having seen both play, I can tell you that this should be a heck of a match and it will be a shame that only one can advance. Whichever one comes out on top should go a long way in the state playoffs. They had two great regular season matches with Fort narrowly coming out on top in each one.

They each also had classic matches with Division 1 Riverheads, which should do well in its regionals, which I believe start later this week or early next. The Indians swept RHS as they did Wilson but Wilson and the Big Red split their season. There was no district tournament but we were blessed to have three such quality teams in one district.

I understand that the number one seed Fort Defiance will be hosting the number four seed Wilson Thursday night in a regional semi-final. The winner will go on the regional final and earn a state tournament berth whereas the loser will be finished for the season.

Having seen both play, I can tell you that this should be a heck of a match and it will be a shame that only one can advance. Whichever one comes out on top should go a long way in the state playoffs. They had two great regular season matches with Fort narrowly coming out on top in each one.

They each also had classic matches with Division 1 Riverheads, which should do well in its regionals, which I believe start later this week or early next. The Indians swept RHS as they did Wilson but Wilson and the Big Red split their season. There was no district tournament but we were blessed to have three such quality teams in one district.
Neither will go far in the sate tournament. Whoever wins might or might not beat Rustburg/WA but will not beat HV or LB in first round of sates. I think Rustburg wins the region and then gets beat by HV in state Quarters. The region runner up will get beat soundly by LB.

I will bow to your superior knowledge and familiarity. I just know that they both looked good as compared to our local teams.

I will bow to your superior knowledge and familiarity. I just know that they both looked good as compared to our local teams.
They are both good compared to local teams but not as good as HV and LB. I was surprised to see WM beat LCA so that was a very good win. FD only losses were to Rockbridge who got beat by WA in first round of region. Rockbridge had a great year but wouldn’t have been able to beat HV or LB either. LB hasn’t lost a set all year and probably won’t as they are headed for their 3rd straight State Championship. Some important players graduate from LB though so things will be more even across the board and Fort will be one of the top teams next year.

Neither will go far in the sate tournament. Whoever wins might or might not beat Rustburg/WA but will not beat HV or LB in first round of sates. I think Rustburg wins the region and then gets beat by HV in state Quarters. The region runner up will get beat soundly by LB.
I do believe Rustburg has beat Hidden Valley this year. Not sure what FD or Wilson has but, Rustburg is very good and very young.

I do believe Rustburg has beat Hidden Valley this year. Not sure what FD or Wilson has but, Rustburg is very good and very young.
Rustburg did beat HV in a 3 game match early in the year. HV was supposed to be down somewhat this year according to their standards but they beat a very good Blacksburg team in the RRD championship game. They also took Blacksburg to 5 games in their 2 regular season games.
I predict Rustburg to win region C and lose to HV in state quarterfinals. FD is very good and young also and I could see them beating Rustburg in region C finals if they get by WM. Either way, I can’t see any of the region C teams beating HV or LB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT