ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B

I’ve seen Louisa play all year. I’ve seen Caroline beat Louisa in a game that Louisa quite honestly should have won. There are some good talent in the Richmond area. The Jefferson District is still a tough district. @OCBoy To me Louisa deserves its ranking right where VAPreps have them. I’m just hoping for a Louisa/Caroline rematch. I believe Louisa had one of the toughest 4A schedules this year too.
I’m not discrediting any of that. I just think they are average teams. If Caroline and Louisa do make it then big congrats to them. If any of the two make it to vcu I have no problem supporting them.

Last edited:
Above average: Loudoun Valley Lake Taylor Handley
Average: Caroline, Louisa, Huegunot, Courtland, Monacan, Midlothian
Below Average: Chancellor, King George, Hanover, Patrick Henry
Get the drift

See you wanna go there let’s go.... don’t think I’m the one you want to go there with. Yes I’ve seen them play on film not in person. And if that were the case of those teams being from Richmond it could be quite credible. I have an opinion on here just like everyone else. If I choose to say something out of what I know and have seen for myself then I’ll do it. And if Louisa is the only team you’ve seen then you need to take a few seats because all your doing is trying to boast Louisa and them beating Albemarle.
I do have contacts in Richmond who have seen the other mentioned teams though, and I trust their opinions that Louisa and Caroline are as good or better. And it's not like I haven't seen good high school basketball teams over the years and don't know what they look like. I have seen all of those RE Lee state title teams of the 2000s as well. So when we're finally good again and think we can compete with anyone, we'll talk about it.

Reactions: mbonape1
Nope not doing so at all. I’ve seen 15 different teams play this year. Just a few from Richmond. Albemarle loss is old news now. I know some parents of players and the kids themselves on that team. I wish them nothing but the best and hope they win the 5A Title. I’m a Cowboy, Tar Heel, and a Louisa Lion fan. So yes I have some rooting for to do.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Agreed about Albemarle. Lots of good kids and people over there so I want to see them do well, plus some of their players came out to support Louisa's football playoff games.

Reactions: mbonape1
1 of the 2 goes down. As I said either Caroline or Louisa wouldn’t make it to the finals

Above average: Loudoun Valley Lake Taylor Handley
Average: Caroline, Louisa, Huegunot, Courtland, Monacan, Midlothian
Below Average: Chancellor, King George, Hanover, Patrick Henry
Get the drift
You forgot one team...maybe they used that as motivation to pull off the “upset” ;)

Reactions: washwell and OCBoy
That would be profound if true, but EV beat Caroline a couple weeks ago on Caroline’s home court. Not an upset when you do it twice.
I agree. They played four times with three of those in Caroline. Both EV wins came at Caroline. So much parity in the battlefield. Any given night you could get beat

I’m sure Caroline played pretty bad. Maybe @CarolineCav99 can fill us in
They did not play four quarters of basketball. Came out of the gates hot, had an 18-9 lead after one and were up by 10 early in the second with multiple opportunities to blow it open. They let EV hang around and the Cyclones did just that. Caroline was back up by nine on multiple occasions in the third and again, they didn’t blow it open and let EV stick around. EV never even led in the game until it went up 63-61 with about three minutes left in regulation. At that point it’s a dogfight. Caroline’s Ware had the ball in his hands on the right baseline with EV up 66-64 and about 30 seconds remaining, drew multiple defenders, pivoted to go up for a shot and was fouled, but the official called a held ball and EV had the arrow. EV made just enough at the line down the stretch and Caroline’s Mykai Smith couldn’t get a good look a game-tying three at the end, forcing one up that rimmed out.

It’s tough to beat a team that many times, but it’s also hard not to imagine Caroline had it in the back of their heads that they dropped 103 on this team earlier this season and then beat them by 40 points just last week. You let a well-coached team hang around and you’re bound to get burned unfortunately.

You forgot one team...maybe they used that as motivation to pull off the “upset” ;)
I did that on purpose so no one could say I was biased toward EV which I’m not. They are an average very young team.

Last edited:
I did that on purpose so no one could say I was biased toward EV which I’m not. They are an average very young team.
They are an average team with arguably the best overall athlete in the state running the point. They’ll be an underdog all the way, but I would hate to be in a close game with that team and have to deal with D’ago Hunter in the final minutes.

They are an average team with arguably the best overall athlete in the state running the point. They’ll be an underdog all the way, but I would hate to be in a close game with that team and have to deal with D’ago Hunter in the final minutes.
Absolutely! That Monacan game is intriguing

This is exactly what I've told folks in person, even tonight before finding out EV won. A player like Hunter will keep any team in games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT