8. Dominion (3-3), 21.83
9. Heritage (5-2), 20.71
10. Liberty (3-3), 20.33
11. James Wood (2-4),18.33
12. Loudoun Valley (0-5),16.2
13. Park View (0-1), 16.0
14. Fauquier (0-6), 14.83

Week 8 Games of Note
#5 Sherando (5-1) at #1 Kettle Run (7-0)

I don't see this as an elimination game for Sherando since even with a weak schedule 8-2 should be enough to get into the playoffs. That said, this should be a great game regardless. Kettle Run is 0-4 all time against the Warriors and you know they'd love to put Sherando in a must-win situation against Handley and Millbrook in the coming weeks. In addition, a loss here would likely cost them the #1 seed in the playoffs (but that isn't guaranteed).

Sherando - 42
Kettle Run - 28

#9 Heritage (5-2) at #4 Riverside (5-2)
This likely is an elimination game. That's not guaranteed, but I think it's unlikely that more than three Dulles teams make the cut and Woodgrove and Loudoun County look to be the best teams in the district. Heritage is coming off a 29-0 win over a 1-5 William Monroe squad and Riverside just lost 43-7 to Woodgrove. I think Heritage pulls the upset here.

Heritage - 35
Riverside - 21

#3 Woodgrove (3-2) at #8 Dominion (3-3)
On paper this game should go to Woodgrove easily given that Dominion lost 27-7 to a team Woodgrove blew out last week. However, this could be a trap game for the Wolverines. Dominion is coming off a bye week and know they need to win out if they want any shot at the playoffs. That said, I don't think Dominion wins this one.

Woodgrove - 35
Dominion - 14

#10 Liberty (3-3) at #6 Handley (5-2)
This is a big one for Handley. If they can pull this one out they might be able to sneak into the playoffs even if they lose to Sherando. Liberty struggled against James Wood last weekend and Handley has played Kettle Run and Millbrook close. At the beginning of the season I would've said Liberty by several touchdowns, but how things change. I think Handley pulls it out.

Handley - 35
Liberty - 32

Top 6 make the playoffs
1. Kettle Run (7-0), 26.57
2. Loudoun County (6-0), 26.33
3. Woodgrove (3-2), 24.60
4. Riverside (5-2), 23.57
5. Sherando (5-1), 23.17
6. Handley (5-2), 23.14
7. Millbrook (5-2), 22.43
8. Dominion (3-3), 21.83
9. Heritage (5-2), 20.71
10. Liberty (3-3), 20.33
11. James Wood (2-4),18.33
12. Loudoun Valley (0-5),16.2
13. Park View (0-1), 16.0
14. Fauquier (0-6), 14.83

Week 8 Games of Note
#5 Sherando (5-1) at #1 Kettle Run (7-0)

I don't see this as an elimination game for Sherando since even with a weak schedule 8-2 should be enough to get into the playoffs. That said, this should be a great game regardless. Kettle Run is 0-4 all time against the Warriors and you know they'd love to put Sherando in a must-win situation against Handley and Millbrook in the coming weeks. In addition, a loss here would likely cost them the #1 seed in the playoffs (but that isn't guaranteed).

Sherando - 42
Kettle Run - 28

#9 Heritage (5-2) at #4 Riverside (5-2)
This likely is an elimination game. That's not guaranteed, but I think it's unlikely that more than three Dulles teams make the cut and Woodgrove and Loudoun County look to be the best teams in the district. Heritage is coming off a 29-0 win over a 1-5 William Monroe squad and Riverside just lost 43-7 to Woodgrove. I think Heritage pulls the upset here.

Heritage - 35
Riverside - 21

#3 Woodgrove (3-2) at #8 Dominion (3-3)
On paper this game should go to Woodgrove easily given that Dominion lost 27-7 to a team Woodgrove blew out last week. However, this could be a trap game for the Wolverines. Dominion is coming off a bye week and know they need to win out if they want any shot at the playoffs. That said, I don't think Dominion wins this one.

Woodgrove - 35
Dominion - 14

#10 Liberty (3-3) at #6 Handley (5-2)
This is a big one for Handley. If they can pull this one out they might be able to sneak into the playoffs even if they lose to Sherando. Liberty struggled against James Wood last weekend and Handley has played Kettle Run and Millbrook close. At the beginning of the season I would've said Liberty by several touchdowns, but how things change. I think Handley pulls it out.

Handley - 35
Liberty - 32
If Kettle Run comes out flat like they have been the past few games they will get beat bad. Sherando losing 2 games in a row is doubtful.

If this is the best Sherando team ever, like some have said, then this game shouldn't be close. I will interested to see how it goes.
If Kettle Run even keeps it close, it tells me Sherando isn’t the best they’ve ever had. I’m going 48-14 type game

Last edited:
Kettle Run hasn’t played to their potential. If these KR kids really focus on the task at hand and the Warriors think of this as just a normal game, it could get interesting. I am not saying that Sherando is going to lose, but this is the game that the Cougars have been waiting for since the beginning of the year. When KR figured out they can run and play with EV in the preseason, they all think they had a real shot at upsetting Millbrook, Sherando, and Liberty. I would realistically put the warriors up by more than 2 TDs.

I am interested in the Woodgrove game. Woodgrove could be like Kettle Run, Not a lot of superstars just a solid football squad.

I hope that Handley wins against Liberty. That is going to be a great game.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT