3. Salem (16-5)
4. Liberty Christain (14-5)
5. EC Glass (12-8)
6. Charlottesville (10-8)
7. Blacksburg (9-12)
8. Pulaski County (7-13)

Last edited:
Reactions: btowenatc
When does the regional tournament begin? Do some conferences still have that useless tournament that doesn't count towards regional seeding?

Yeah certain districts have district tournaments that count for region seeding, but region 4D does not take the district tournaments into account. Some regions, like 4B, do.

1. George Washington (Danville) (16-1)
2. Jefferson Forest (16-3)
3. Liberty Christain (13-4)
4. Salem (13-5)
5. EC Glass (11-7)
6. Charlottesville (10-8)
7. Blacksburg (9-10)
8. Pulaski County (6-12)
Salem is 15-5

I wouldn't sleep on LCA either, split with JF and lost to Danville by 4. Playoffs this year will be crazy. You made me bet right now I'd say the match-ups will be:
8 Pulaski County @ 1 Danville
5 EC Glass @ 4 Salem
6 Charlottesville @ 3 LCA
7 Blacksburg @ 2 Jefferson Forest

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
A couple of weeks ago GW was said to be the best in 4A. Now their region is wide opened?

Against who and how did they look? Wanted a fan of another Regional team's opinion on them. I think unfortunately, unless both teams pull off two upsets, we won't be seeing a famed EC Glass vs Charlottesville match-up this year :(

I saw them against LCA in Lynchburg. They were without a starter. I think it was Barley(?) That wasn’t there. GW just wasn’t as deep as LCA, but their starters were very good players. LCA played them close all the way to the end. Never saw the missing starter play, but DSH said he was one of the top starters on the team. So honestly I didn’t see GW at full strength. It seemed like it was an off night for them.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Just curious how many people here who have commented seen GW play??? All roads go through Danville
I have not seen them play. I do know that they have only played 2 decent teams. LCA and Martinsville. 3-1 in those games. This is why I’m skeptical. Historically GW has been good. So they very well could win the region. They will be challenged in the second round of regions and on. Pulaski Co is not very good this yr. after that most of the region is about even. I have JF winning the region with GW runner up. Both move on to states

I have not seen them play. I do know that they have only played 2 decent teams. LCA and Martinsville. 3-1 in those games. This is why I’m skeptical. Historically GW has been good. So they very well could win the region. They will be challenged in the second round of regions and on. Pulaski Co is not very good this yr. after that most of the region is about even. I have JF winning the region with GW runner up. Both move on to states
I respect your opinion but who has JF been challenged by? Because looking at their schedule on max preps if it’s correct they went 1-1 against Glass who just lost Martinsville which GW is 1-1 losing by only 2pts. Don’t think JF will beat GW this year IMO but we shall see

I respect your opinion but who has JF been challenged by? Because looking at their schedule on max preps if it’s correct they went 1-1 against Glass who just lost Martinsville which GW is 1-1 losing by only 2pts. Don’t think JF will beat GW this year IMO but we shall see
JF lost 2 of their first 5 games. Since then they have gone 14-1 and avenged both earlier loses that were on the road. Beat Glass 62-44 and LCA 57-51. They played WF tough and could have easily one that game but they came up short. Looking at just the LCA games GW won both 56-42, 53-49. LCA vs JF 49-43(LCA W) and 57-51. Martinsville just beat Glass by 4. JF beat Glass by 18 just 13 days apart. By comparing scores it looks like it will be a great game regardless who wins.

Reactions: Lewis918777
JF lost 2 of their first 5 games. Since then they have gone 14-1 and avenged both earlier loses that were on the road. Beat Glass 62-44 and LCA 57-51. They played WF tough and could have easily one that game but they came up short. Looking at just the LCA games GW won both 56-42, 53-49. LCA vs JF 49-43(LCA W) and 57-51. Martinsville just beat Glass by 4. JF beat Glass by 18 just 13 days apart. By comparing scores it looks like it will be a great game regardless who wins.

I've seen JF both at the beginning of the year, and recently. Night and day difference. They will give GW a game if they have the opportunity to play them. Their last matchup against LCA, they got out to a big lead in the 4th quarter(18pts?) and LCA came back in the final minutes of the game. Then the next week they beat Glass by 18.

Can't forget what JF did last year either. They started off slow, then picked it up at the end of the season. They beat GW in Danville in the Region Semis. I don't think anyone expected that.

I think it would be a great matchup seems like both teams are coming on strong towards the end of the regular season. GW would probably like to avenge that lost from JF last year but I’m not counting out any other teams in the Region!

I've seen JF both at the beginning of the year, and recently. Night and day difference. They will give GW a game if they have the opportunity to play them. Their last matchup against LCA, they got out to a big lead in the 4th quarter(18pts?) and LCA came back in the final minutes of the game. Then the next week they beat Glass by 18.

Can't forget what JF did last year either. They started off slow, then picked it up at the end of the season. They beat GW in Danville in the Region Semis. I don't think anyone expected that.
I definitely didn’t see that one last yr

GW is really good this year. Losing Martinsville isn't all that bad. Martinsville and GW have had epic battles over the years.

Reactions: Lewis918777
#1 GW Danville vs #8 Carroll County
#4 Liberty Christian vs #5 EC Glass
#3 Salem vs #6 Charlottesville
#2 Jefferson Forest vs #7 Blacksburg

Pulaski is being allowed to play a 22nd game against a team who was not originally on their schedule. Not sure how or why they are allowed to do it but they play Alleghany tonight and would get in over Carroll if they win by virtue of having the tiebreaker.

Probably doesn't matter as GW will be a big favorite over Pulaski or Carroll.

Pulaski is being allowed to play a 22nd game against a team who was not originally on their schedule. Not sure how or why they are allowed to do it but they play Alleghany tonight and would get in over Carroll if they win by virtue of having the tiebreaker.

Probably doesn't matter as GW will be a big favorite over Pulaski or Carroll.
Who won?

I wish GW the best. I've known Coach Parker (he's also a minister) for most of my life and he's doing a great thing there on and off the court at GW.
#2 Capone Barley and #11 Shunta Wilson are their two guards and are really solid players, Nyree Wheeler (#20) is probably their top scorer forward. You also have the Pool brothers who are extremely athletic, and this group started out together under Parker when he was the JV coach a few years ago.

Here's their roster
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/george-washington-eagles-(danville,va)/basketball/roster.htm

GW put it on us. I'm pulling for the Eagles to get to Richmond and win the title.

Reactions: btowenatc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT