ADVERTISEMENT

Region A Brackets

Hopewell will play at home or at a tri cities location against William Monroe Friday night, lake Taylor will travel to play Skyline in a undetermined location. Good luck lake Taylor is tall and athletic. hopewell used there quickness and pressure defense at the end to win it.
Lake Taylor will be playing Skyline at Warren County, 7:00PM. Hopewell will not be playing at home because it would violate VHSL policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzzzza
Hopewell/William Monroe if Hopewell plays 4 quarters of basketball they should win by 25 +. Lake Taylor/Skyline will be interesting can Skyline deal with Lake Taylor height and quickness but Skyline will have home crowd behind them with running style of play Lake Taylor by 10.

Yeah, even if Hopewell shoots like their last game, I agree it should be a at least a 25 point win over WM. No guess on Skyline-Lake Taylor. If Skyline only has to go 7-8 players deep, I think they have a chance. But if the refs have quick whistles, the Hawks could get in foul trouble and would have to use players who don't have big game experience.

Yeah, even if Hopewell shoots like their last game, I agree it should be a at least a 25 point win over WM. No guess on Skyline-Lake Taylor. If Skyline only has to go 7-8 players deep, I think they have a chance. But if the refs have quick whistles, the Hawks could get in foul trouble and would have to use players who don't have big game experience.
This was correct. Refs did have quick whistles, and Tobias Caison-Mayberry picked up 3 fouls in the first minute. But later on the quick whistles went against Lake Taylor and they got in their own foul trouble.

LT must of went into cruise control they was up by 20+ at one point
They were never up 20+. One of their two bigs picked up 4th foul early 2nd half, and Skyline chipped away. 12 point halftime lead down to 6 at end of 3rd quarter, and then chipped the rest away in the 4th quarter. If both of those 6'7 guys had stayed in the game, Skyline loses by 15-20 points. They were just getting tons of layups off offensive rebounds or one big passing over the defense to the other big.

They were never up 20+. One of their two bigs picked up 4th foul early 2nd half, and Skyline chipped away. 12 point halftime lead down to 6 at end of 3rd quarter, and then chipped the rest away in the 4th quarter. If both of those 6'7 guys had stayed in the game, Skyline loses by 15-20 points. They were just getting tons of layups off offensive rebounds or one big passing over the defense to the other big.
Oo ok I do know the announcer mentioned it was something like 41-23. But either way LT a good team so great comeback by Skyline. I can’t wait to make the trip Monday

41-29 at half, and 3 free throws for LT as time expired, so it was 38-29 before that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT