ADVERTISEMENT

Region B: #4 Dinwiddie vs. #5 Eastern View

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • Eastern View

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
That was 2017 and to probably the best Louisa Lions team ever. @racindan4u, that squad was playing for respect and Coach Fisher. Besides nobody really doubted that Louisa team from our coaching staff. They knew Dinwiddie was the true underdog in that game. The trash talking had very little to do with the game or Louisa. Hell everybody was praying for Fisher and the RB who lost his mother. It was simply about a heated rivalry with a hard core Louisa poster by the name of Hoos! I personally miss Mr. Quarles and regret our nasty battles. I hope Louisa gets over the hump and wins a state title for him someday. That Louisa team beat all the big dogs except Salem.

Sure Dinwiddie can be beat at home, but it doesn't come easy. I said this in another thread but it deserves repeating. Five times we have lost at home in the playoffs during Mills tenure. Wins over Lake Taylor (2) Lafayette, Eastern View, Courtland (2), Monacan, Hanover, King George, Powhatan, and 18 more appears to be worth something.

Nobody from the Generals camp is throwing shade at EV. The Cyclones played Dinwiddie three times from 2017-2019 and each game was dogfight. New coach for EV and the man hasn't lost many games. Got to respect that. It's going to be a war tomorrow night I sure.

It’s suppose to air on Culpeper Media Network according to the listing. It typically is live on YouTube. BN but like you said no official requests have been made.
@OCBoy, if that's the case no one has told the press box gang. They are good guys and if they show up we will try and accommodate them. I will let everyone know as soon as I know.

Reactions: OCBoy
Okay guys @OCBoy was correct. The Culpeper Media Group is coming to the game. I am waiting on their contact info now. Once I speak to them I will provide additional information. I subscribe to their YouTube Channel and Marc and Peacock are a good broadcasting team.

it seems to me that this situation came up 5 - 6 years ago when dinwiddie was supposed to walk over a team at home and well it never happened. battle tested or not they can be beat.
Any and every team can be beat. History is full of amazing outcomes. And Dinwiddie, of all teams, never goes into a game thinking that it will be a cake walk. This game is no exception. Coach Mills and his staff hone a culture of respect for their opponents. The Generals will go into this game expecting a war and will play accordingly. May the best team win.

Any and every team can be beat. History is full of amazing outcomes. And Dinwiddie, of all teams, never goes into a game thinking that it will be a cake walk. This game is no exception. Coach Mills and his staff hone a culture of respect for their opponents. The Generals will go into this game expecting a war and will play accordingly. May the best team win.
EV is going in with a similar mindset. They know Dinwiddie's rich history. They know they're underdogs. They also know that none of that matters when the lights come on. Gotta play the game. EV has nothing to lose so I'd expect to get the best/most physical EV has to offer, whether that's good enough to push Dinwiddie remains to be seen. It's always a pleasure to see Dinwiddie in the playoffs. They are always a true test to where your organization stands. Best of luck tonight guys, if we have to lose, I hope we both lose healthy. Feel the wind!

EV is going in with a similar mindset. They know Dinwiddie's rich history. They know they're underdogs. They also know that none of that matters when the lights come on. Gotta play the game. EV has nothing to lose so I'd expect to get the best/most physical EV has to offer, whether that's good enough to push Dinwiddie remains to be seen. It's always a pleasure to see Dinwiddie in the playoffs. They are always a true test to where your organization stands. Best of luck tonight guys, if we have to lose, I hope we both lose healthy. Feel the wind!
Are you coming down to the game?

I was, but when they changed it to today I knew I wasn't going to make it. I work in DC and wake up obscenely early to make it on time. Just too much driving for me for one day. My son will be there though :)
Tell your son to stop by the press booth and introduce himself to BN and myself.

( BN is the really ugly looking guy)!!!!

Tell your son to stop by the press booth and introduce himself to BN and myself.

( BN is the really ugly looking guy)!!!!
That flew over your head like jet. His son is probably a player! If I am correct I don't think he will be stopping by. Yep, there is a sign inside your head that says "space for rent"! 😂

That flew over your head like jet. His son is probably a player! If I am correct I don't think he will be stopping by. Yep, there is a sign inside your head that says "space for rent"! 😂
Ok, I guess if you say so. I would never have gleaned from the post that his son was a player.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Did Dinwiddie ever get their NFHS camera fixed? I know if the school calls they’ll send someone out to recalibrate or clean the camera.

Did Dinwiddie ever get their NFHS camera fixed? I know if the school calls they’ll send someone out to recalibrate or clean the camera.
It could probably mess up again at any time, but if you look at the latest Dinwiddie game posted on NFHS, it has their JV game against Matoaca and the camera is working fine for that game.

We have reached out to the NFHS Network through several different channels. The images used to be so cloudy you couldn’t see squat. But, that mysteriously cleared up with no follow up from the Network. But last week, the right camera was slightly blurry. So, I think the game is watchable, just not great. You can hear our announcer, but the clock and score are not interfaced to the broadcast. We are looking into what we can do to make the broadcast better, but talking to the Network is nearly impossible.

28-12 half. EV's quarterback is playing well. Quite a few penalties for both teams.

Outside of the missed assignment on the 2nd deep pass defense is playing good. The 1st deep pass was just a great play off of the deflection

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Yes sir @General172011. Our linebackers create havoc when they blitz up the middle. I am super impressed with #21 Butler from EV. Good hands, precise routes and nice size. EV hasn't proven it can stop the run, so it's time to turn the diesel loose (Tucker). Grind the clock and wear the big boys up front out. Dinwiddie needs to clean up the penalties and defend the center of the field.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
BN is that a train horn or something I’m hearing on the EV sideline? Have never heard that all season.

Reactions: Kangarew113
Yes it is. It's awesome! The more noise the better. After a a muffed punt return by the Generals EV scores. 28-18.

Reactions: OCBoy
Dinwiddie throws a 45 yard swing pass. First and ten on the 21. Butler injured looks like a shoulder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT