ADVERTISEMENT

Region B: #4 Dinwiddie vs. #5 Eastern View

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • Eastern View

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Dinwiddie wins 1, because they are at home. 2, EV willn't be able to stop there run game and 3, Dinwiddie is just the better team. EV would've to play a perfect game and hope Dinwiddie has a bad game in order for them to win. I do think it will be competitive but to much Dinwiddie 42-28 and I'm been modest.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Dinwiddie wins because they are more battle tested than Eastern View. The Battlefield was awful his season and other than playing King George in district play and Brooke Point earlier in the season out of district, Eastern View hasn't seen any team remotely as athletic and quick as Dinwiddie.

Not that it really means anything, but Eastern Views opponents were a combined 37-63. They played two teams with winning records (King George and Courtland). Dinwiddie's opponents were 55-45 and six teams had winning records (Glenville, GW-Danville, Maury, Dale, Hopewell, and Matoaca). They had one common opponent in North Stafford. EV beat NS 27-8 and Dinwiddie beat NS 58-8.

@HooSprings, a sloppy field suits Dinwiddie just fine. I always dread bad weather games, because the better team doesn't always win. I honestly don't know who the better team is, but I would prefer the teams decided it and not mother nature.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
After seeing EV, I thought they were big( not overly physical but not soft either), the Butler kid was a beast and is a huge difference maker on offense and defense, they left a lot of points on the board and they got too cute at times. All that Sheduer Sanders stuff their QB does got him hurt and took away their momentum. Thought they looked better than KG at times but they got in their own way. The play calling is forced as if the coordinator wants to look like Kyle Shanahan. If they line up and play football, they’ll compete with Dinwiddie. If they do all that cute stuff, Dinwiddie will beat them a lot to a little. This is actually going to be the better games in the state.

Not that it really means anything, but Eastern Views opponents were a combined 37-63. They played two teams with winning records (King George and Courtland). Dinwiddie's opponents were 55-45 and six teams had winning records (Glenville, GW-Danville, Maury, Dale, Hopewell, and Matoaca). They had one common opponent in North Stafford. EV beat NS 27-8 and Dinwiddie beat NS 58-8.
I think it absolutely means something! There is something to be said about being battle tested and having experienced adversity and overcoming adversity. Not to say EV hasn't done those things but Dinwiddie has definitely had more challenging games this season which gives them an advantage in stressful game situations IMO.

Eastern View is a really good solid team. They seem to be well coached and play hard. Overall I don't think they have team speed to run with Dinwiddie for 4 quarters. Might be a good game for a half but I don't think they challenge much after that.

I
Eastern View is a really good solid team. They seem to be well coached and play hard. Overall I don't think they have team speed to run with Dinwiddie for 4 quarters. Might be a good game for a half but I don't think they challenge much after that.
I think it’s the opposite. Good team speed, nice size, but questionable playcalling and their execution leaves a lot to be desired. If they were to play football and stop the video game crap, they’d have a shot on Friday.

Reactions: GoBlue2109
@BoKnowsSports, only VHSL issued passes are allowed for Region B and State Playoffs. No district or other agency sponsored passes are permitted. Our pass gate coordinator Brandy does a wonderful job and has pictures of all acceptable passes. We also have a media pass and guest/school pass list submitted by each AD. Tickets can be purchased on line or in person. Gates will open about 1 1/2 hours prior to game time. We do have porta johns available in the parking lot for those who arrive early. I hope this answers your question sir.

@BoKnowsSports, only VHSL issued passes are allowed for Region B and State Playoffs. No district or other agency sponsored passes are permitted. Our pass gate coordinator Brandy does a wonderful job and has pictures of all acceptable passes. We also have a media pass and guest/school pass list submitted by each AD. Tickets can be purchased on line or in person. Gates will open about 1 1/2 hours prior to game time. We do have porta johns available in the parking lot for those who arrive early. I hope this answers your question sir.
Appreciate you brother. I have a VHSL pass. It’s my first year having one so I didn’t know how it worked. Hope to see you and DP on Thursday.

Come see us at the press booth. Some of the best chili you will ever eat, and ham biscuits are awaiting you and your dad.

Appreciate you brother. I have a VHSL pass. It’s my first year having one so I didn’t know how it worked. Hope to see you and DP on Thursday.
That VHSL pass is like gold! LOL It get's you in to any VHSL sponsored event, regular season or post season!

I think mine is the VHSCA. I was told it gets you into UVA games too.
It does. VT, LU, JMU, UNC, NCSU, Duke, and UMD too! I'm pretty sure it's good for any college football game in Virginia but those are the places I have used mine before. Only issue is that each college has their own process for how to secure tickets. You can't just show up to the gate with your pass.

It does. VT, LU, JMU, UNC, NCSU, Duke, and UMD too! I'm pretty sure it's good for any college football game in Virginia but those are the places I have used mine before. Only issue is that each college has their own process for how to secure tickets. You can't just show up to the gate with your pass.
Appreciate you telling me! My county lets us into all the games for free as long as you’re a county employee. Pretty sure that won’t happen during playoffs so this pass is clutch. Best $40 I’ve ever spent 😂

Reactions: VolNation85
Appreciate you telling me! My county lets us into all the games for free as long as you’re a county employee. Pretty sure that won’t happen during playoffs so this pass is clutch. Best $40 I’ve ever spent 😂
LOL absolutely! I be at all the sporting events just because I have the pass! I go to jv girl's soccer just because I'll be bored and I can get in for "free." LOL

• Haha
@MrSalem1000, to date, I have not received any media request to broadcast this game. The date change may have presented a problem. If anything changes I will let you know. I will try to keep people up to date with frequent post on VAPreps, but that depends on how busy I am with tv/newspaper media.

I think there was an Italian Restaurant/Pizza place that was recommended to me last year when I came down for the King George game. Can someone refresh me on the name of it please? Hoping to hit it for pregame. Thanks in advance!

Giuseppe's Pizza: 7022 Boydton Plank Road, North Dinwiddie, Virginia 23803.
VHSFan, and anyone else looking for a good pre-game meal:

Don’t think just pizza if you go there. Anything you order is terrific. And the portions are big enough to feed two people.
My favorites: Chicken or Shrimp Sinatra, Adriana‘s dad Joe created it and named it after his favorite singer. My wife loves the Blackened Chicken Primavera. No matter what you order, you will be pleased.

Another spot to consider is Joe’s Steak and Seafood, 6324 Boydton Plank Road, N Dinwiddie VA 23803 They have the best broiled scollops I have EVER eaten.

If you are traveling north on I85, and you get off on the Rt1/Boydton Plank Road exit, you have the usual fast food places, McDonalds, Hardees, Burger King, Taco Bell, & Kentucky Fried Chicken. If you go to the next exit, Rt 460, and take a left on 460, go 1/4 mile you hit Rt 1 which is Boydton Plank Rd. Go left at the light and Joe’s is on the left. Go right and Giuseppe’s is about a mile down on the right.

If your GPS insist that you keep going on I85 until you get off at the Dinwiddie exit, there is a place at that exit called The Dinwiddie Diner. It’s pretty good. They have a mix of regular comfort foods, and Mexican fare.

At any of these places you are only 15 to 20 minutes from the football field. BTW, be reminded that our field is actually across the road from the High School, behind the Middle School. But, there is good traffic control and it’s obvious where you need to go.

We welcome you to Dinwiddie, and please, stop by the Press Booth and say hi to Bleeding Navy and myself.

@MrSalem1000, to date, I have not received any media request to broadcast this game. The date change may have presented a problem. If anything changes I will let you know. I will try to keep people up to date with frequent post on VAPreps, but that depends on how busy I am with tv/newspaper media.
It’s suppose to air on Culpeper Media Network according to the listing. It typically is live on YouTube. BN but like you said no official requests have been made.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT