ADVERTISEMENT

Region B Final Points

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
This is going off the information I have received that East Rockingham will receive a forfeit from Mountain View, if not then 1 spot changes.

1. Central Woodstock (8-1): 25.89
2. Stuarts Draft (7-2): 25.11
3. Clarke County (9-1): 25.00
4. Strasburg (8-2): 23.50
5. Buckingham (6-2): 22.38
6. East Rockingham (4-5): 18.22
7. Luray (4-5): 18.11
8. Madison County (3-7) 16.80

9. Page County (4-6): 16.00

So what have these matchups 1st round

1. Central Woodstock vs 8. Madison County
2. Stuarts Draft vs. 7. Luray
3. Clarke County vs. 6. East Rockingham
4. Strasburg vs. Buckingham

Last edited:
No offense to the region, but the only threat to beat Stuarts Draft in that region, at least the only team having the talent on the field to have a chance is Buckingham. A loss is never good, but if you are going to lose, Stuarts Draft picked a good time to do it. By dropping to the two seed, they will avoid Buckingham all the way to the regional finals. I favor Draft, and lots of football. Anything could happen. BC may not get to the region title or Draft, but I think they both do, and I think the only real competitor on Drafts's level is BC.

If it works out to where Draft is the 1 seed, that would mean Draft and BC would play in game 2, the second week of the playoffs, and I think the winner of that game advances to the state semifinals.

My apologies again for jumping the gun earlier this week and prematurely predicting that SD would earn the number one seed. I sent the same information to the RHS AD to be included in tonight's program. But my guess is that not quite as many people read or thought about it from seeing it there.

But if SD is really better off seeded second as some folks seem to think, then maybe the news is not all bad.

Draft would roll absolutely roll Buckingham.
Draft is very good. I just think that...........IF Draft rolls Buckingham, then they are rolling everyone else in the region by just a little more. IF, again...IF...there is a threat to Draft in that region, it's Buckingham. If it's not Buckingham, then it's no one else.

I don't mean this to be disrespectful to the other teams, but I've seen Strasburg, Clarke, Luray, and Woodstock on NFHS, and they aren't within 21 of Draft in my opinion. They just simply aren't. Maybe, on a very good day, like last year, one of them gets within 17 of Draft like Strasburg did if I recall last year in the playoffs, but no offense to those teams, but Draft is just so far ahead of them it's not even close. Why do I write Buckingham? I know, they haven't look the part and haven't looked like they could play with Draft, but BC has TALENT. And TALENT always has the dangerous ability to show up for one day, for 4 quarters. Ask Pittsburgh against Miami recently. Miami loses that game 9 out of 10 times, but Miami, as bad as they have looked all year, still, even in 2021, has talent. BC has that, and for one day, for one game, that talent can show up. Not saying it will.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCKnights
Just a little FYI, Clarke County (who wins the Bull Run) and has a win over Strasburg AND Central Woodstock is majorly effected by the forfeit they received from Mountain View (formerly SJ).

From the information I have received, it was decided early on that if the team playing them couldn't find a new opponent then they would receive a forfeit.

I'm sure CC can't change that outcome now, but that may be something to look at in the future (not just this crazy COVID season, as theirs wasn't related to that).

To give MV a little context, as of the last Official Ratings from VHSL, Mountain View was 0-3, with a real loss the 1st week, and then forfeits to Clarke County mid-season and to Warren County last week.

I obviously don't keep up with 3a points, but taking a forfeit absolutely hurt Clarke County, and the final rating of ER (as I have them getting one this week).

Reactions: VAHoops1
Draft is very good. I just think that...........IF Draft rolls Buckingham, then they are rolling everyone else in the region by just a little more. IF, again...IF...there is a threat to Draft in that region, it's Buckingham. If it's not Buckingham, then it's no one else.

I don't mean this to be disrespectful to the other teams, but I've seen Strasburg, Clarke, Luray, and Woodstock on NFHS, and they aren't within 21 of Draft in my opinion. They just simply aren't. Maybe, on a very good day, like last year, one of them gets within 17 of Draft like Strasburg did if I recall last year in the playoffs, but no offense to those teams, but Draft is just so far ahead of them it's not even close. Why do I write Buckingham? I know, they haven't look the part and haven't looked like they could play with Draft, but BC has TALENT. And TALENT always has the dangerous ability to show up for one day, for 4 quarters. Ask Pittsburgh against Miami recently. Miami loses that game 9 out of 10 times, but Miami, as bad as they have looked all year, still, even in 2021, has talent. BC has that, and for one day, for one game, that talent can show up. Not saying it will.
IF and do mean IF our staff decides to open up the ENTIRE playbook, it could be bad for everyone. Vanilla play calling is the only reason this team has 2 losses. Too much talent to be vanilla.

• Wow
Reactions: AnyGivenFriday01
Just a little FYI, Clarke County (who wins the Bull Run) and has a win over Strasburg AND Central Woodstock is majorly effected by the forfeit they received from Mountain View (formerly SJ).

From the information I have received, it was decided early on that if the team playing them couldn't find a new opponent then they would receive a forfeit.

I'm sure CC can't change that outcome now, but that may be something to look at in the future (not just this crazy COVID season, as theirs wasn't related to that).

To give MV a little context, as of the last Official Ratings from VHSL, Mountain View was 0-3, with a real loss the 1st week, and then forfeits to Clarke County mid-season and to Warren County last week.

I obviously don't keep up with 3a points, but taking a forfeit absolutely hurt Clarke County, and the final rating of ER (as I have them getting one this week).
Based on the info/total points that you have what would CC avg be if they wouldn't have taken the forfeit and just ruled the game a no contest?

No offense to the region, but the only threat to beat Stuarts Draft in that region, at least the only team having the talent on the field to have a chance is Buckingham. A loss is never good, but if you are going to lose, Stuarts Draft picked a good time to do it. By dropping to the two seed, they will avoid Buckingham all the way to the regional finals. I favor Draft, and lots of football. Anything could happen. BC may not get to the region title or Draft, but I think they both do, and I think the only real competitor on Drafts's level is BC.

If it works out to where Draft is the 1 seed, that would mean Draft and BC would play in game 2, the second week of the playoffs, and I think the winner of that game advances to the state semifinals.
Strasburg can beat SD if things break their way, they are a much better now than when Clarke beat them in the early part of the season.

Based on the info/total points that you have what would CC avg be if they wouldn't have taken the forfeit and just ruled the game a no contest?

Thats not a black and white answer. If you just remove that game, it would be 25.56 or 25.78 or so, not going through it all again.

But if you also remove the other forfeits from Mountain View, you are talking around 25.11/25.22 or so.

From my understanding, these were agreed to early on, and was dependent on whether the opponent could find a replacement.

Of course I could be wrong on it for THIS week (ER vs. MV), but I am sure that for Clarke County and Warren County they can't go back and change the outcome.

It's just a shame for ALL of these teams that it could/does effect, and even more so for all the people involved at Mountain View. Because these outcomes may effect where/who teams are playing, but they simply had to stop playing all together

1. Central Woodstock (8-1): 25.89
2. Stuarts Draft (7-2): 25.11
3. Clarke County (9-1): 25.00
4. Strasburg (8-2): 23.50
5. Buckingham (6-2): 22.38
6. East Rockingham (4-5): 18.22
7. Luray (4-5): 18.11
8. Madison County (3-7) 16.80

(8) Madison County at (1) C. Woodstock
(7) Luray at (2) Stuarts Draft
(6) East Rock at (3) Clarke County
(5) Buckingham at (4) Strasburg

IF and do mean IF our staff decides to open up the ENTIRE playbook, it could be bad for everyone. Vanilla play calling is the only reason this team has 2 losses. Too much talent to be vanilla.
Were you at the Fluvana game? Turnovers, penalties & poor defense lost that game. I wouldn't attribute it to "vanilla play calling". It was their first game in 2 years vs a team that was already 4 games into their schedule.

Last edited:
Stuarts Draft is very, very good up front. Much of their rep is due to playing Appo well and not getting blown out, but battling Appo and giving them two tough games. I think Drafts schedule, outside of Riverheads, is not as difficult as Appo, King William, Poquoson, or the 4 powerful schools in Region D, but.........that doesn't mean Draft is mediocre. They are a very, very good Class 2 football team and will give King William/Nottoway/Poquoson all they want in that State Semifinal Game (if Draft advances), and Draft is kind of like Appo. Appo is the team to beat at the state level until somebody knocks them off. Same thing for Draft in the East. Until somebody beats em in the East, they are the team to beat. I would favor King William out of Region A and Nottoway (slightly) over Draft this year. Either way, even if KW, that game will be within 7 points in my opinion and Draft will be in the mix. Just my take....

I'm still in shock that Madison County beat Luray.
I can't figure that one out either. In fact, that's why I popped in today. I'm trying to decide if I want to go see Luray @ Draft or another game. Is Jenkins or Frye out for Luray or something? They have been dreadful for the past month . If Luray is missing a key player, I might go see Broadway @ TA Part 2. The first game was a thriller.

Were you at the Fluvana game? Turnovers, penalties & poor defense lost that game. I wouldn't attribute it to "vanilla play calling". It was their first game in 2 years vs a team that was already 4 games into their schedule.
I've been at every game. If you read my post about the Fluvanna game, that's exactly what I said. At this point in the season nothing has change. We're you at the Nottoway game? They lost twice. When I say vanilla I'm speaking of them spending way too much time in the double wing. They chew up clock on themselves and it looks so conservative. They lose to Amelia and Central if they stayed in the double wing. This is a totally different team out of the spread. I'm not the only one who sees Buckingham beats Buckingham.

Stuarts Draft is very, very good up front. Much of their rep is due to playing Appo well and not getting blown out, but battling Appo and giving them two tough games. I think Drafts schedule, outside of Riverheads, is not as difficult as Appo, King William, Poquoson, or the 4 powerful schools in Region D, but.........that doesn't mean Draft is mediocre. They are a very, very good Class 2 football team and will give King William/Nottoway/Poquoson all they want in that State Semifinal Game (if Draft advances), and Draft is kind of like Appo. Appo is the team to beat at the state level until somebody knocks them off. Same thing for Draft in the East. Until somebody beats em in the East, they are the team to beat. I would favor King William out of Region A and Nottoway (slightly) over Draft this year. Either way, even if KW, that game will be within 7 points in my opinion and Draft will be in the mix. Just my take....
Stuarts Draft is no where near the team defensively they were last year. Offense is about the same in my opinion, maybe a little better, they have a decent passing game to go along with their running game. Last year they held Riverheads to around 150 yds for the game, the game last Friday they gave up close to 600 yds to Riverheads and 500 of that was rushing yardage. Their defense is going to have to really improve if they want to get back to Salem.

I'm still in shock that Madison County beat Luray.
No offense to Region B, but it's these types of losses that give Region B the "weak schedule" reputation. There seems to always be just oddball losses like this amongst some of the 2A schools up there that just make people from around the state scratch their heads and question level of play in 2B. It's these types of losses that perpetuate some of those stereotypes (much of the stereotype underserved, but some of it valid at times.)

Reactions: obguthr
I’ve watched the film of every game they have played this season multiple times.

Is there shame in losing to Nottoway this year? Chewing clock may look conservative to you but it keeps the other teams offense off of the field. The central game is over at halftime if they wouldn’t have fumbled FIVE times in the first half & been riddled with penalties. THREE fumbles in the first half against Amelia. The only team that has stopped the Knights offense has been the Knights.

Yes they can do more things out of their H back formation but only their own mistakes have slowed them down out of double wing. They average 300+ on the OLine for christ sake.
Film? Man I am damn near on the sidelines of every game. After the 1st drive of pretty much every game the offense has come to haults. They led Prince Edward 12-0 at halftime. A team that gave up 50 to Cumberland are you serious? Before halftime against Nottoway down 14-8 we had the ball with 4 minutes to go and they intentionally ran the clock down and took it to half on Nottoway side of the field. They are not maximizing their talent at all. I've told the same to the coaches, I know them personally and we talk like men. I've came down to the sidelines to get frustrated kids to calm down because they were done with the play calling. I've coached every kid there and they respect me enough to listen. I'm not just a talker dude. (All facts) So if the kids get frustrated... Regardless I love em I'll be wherever they are until it's over.

No offense to Region B, but it's these types of losses that give Region B the "weak schedule" reputation. There seems to always be just oddball losses like this amongst some of the 2A schools up there that just make people from around the state scratch their heads and question level of play in 2B. It's these types of losses that perpetuate some of those stereotypes (much of the stereotype underserved, but some of it valid at times.)
You know what's crazier? Correct me if I'm wrong but 5 of the last 6 State Title runner ups were from Region B.

You know what's crazier? Correct me if I'm wrong but 5 of the last 6 State Title runner ups were from Region B.

5 out of 7 I believe (Goochland and Richlands).

2020/2021 (This Spring): Stuarts Draft
2019: Stuarts Draft
2018: Goochland (Region A)
2017: Robert E. Lee (Staunton)
2016: Richlands (cross bracket)
2015: Clarke County
2014: Wilson Memorial

I wish they'd go back to cross bracketing for the state semifinals. I always enjoyed the match-ups against teams from C or D, that under the current format, you only get in the state finals. Back in 2015, when Essex played Haysi in the final four, I met some great people from Haysi, that I'm still friends with to this day. That wouldn't have ever been possible if not for the cross bracket

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool2
I wish they'd go back to cross bracketing for the state semifinals. I always enjoyed the match-ups against teams from C or D, that under the current format, you only get in the state finals. Back in 2015, when Essex played Haysi in the final four, I met some great people from Haysi, that I'm still friends with to this day. That wouldn't have ever been possible if not for the cross bracket

I enjoyed that format as well.

Just to think about it:

1. Nottoway
2. Central Woodstock
3. King William
4. Stuarts Draft
5. Clarke County
6. Strasburg
7. Buckingham
8. Poquoson
9. Brunswick
10. Thomas Jefferson
11. Amelia
12. Greensville
13. East Rockingham
14. Luray
15. Randolph Henry
16. Madison County

1st Round:

16 Madison County at 1 Nottoway
15 Randolph Henry at 2 Central Woodstock
14 Luray at 3 King William
13 East Rockingham at 4 Stuarts Draft
12 Greensville at 5 Clarke County
11 Amelia at 6 Strasburg
10 Thomas Jefferson at 7 Buckingham
9 Brunswick at 8 Poquoson

Other side

1. Graham
2. Glenvar
3. Appomattox
4. Virginia
5. Union
6. Central
7. Radford
8. Ridgeview
9. Richlands
10. James River
11. Martinsville
12. Floyd County
13. Tazewell
14. Gretna
15. Lee
16. Gate City

16 Gate City at 1 Graham
15 Lee at Glenvar
14 Gretna at Appomattox
13 Tazewell at Virginia
12 Floyd County at Union
11 Martinsville at 6 Central Wise
10 James River at Radford
9 Richlands at 8 Ridgeview

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Doing it same way year after year gets boring, change it up and cross bracket back and forth every 3rd year or something. 2016 was last time we crossed i think.

Doing it same way year after year gets boring, change it up and cross bracket back and forth every 3rd year or something. 2016 was last time we crossed i think.

That was the system used then. It also causes a lot of travel.

I believe there was a couple games that were like 6+ hours apart. And not Semifinals, 1st round games.

Not advocating one way, just that it was brought up so I put it out there.

Rams are about to take down the Knights. Tougher team is gonna win.
Do not see it with the Starting Qb more than likely out and losing a key cog on the D-line to a broken fibia and dislocated ankle. It could be done but missing key starters this time of year is not good. I will say the Central game was a lot closer than it looked. Strasburg made some dumb mistakes that led to easy scores. Trying to make throws like Mahomes will not work. Good thing is if Strasburg wins they get a shot a redemption against Central. It is going to take a perfect game from the Rams to beat the Knights

Reactions: BC_Knights
You guys in my opinion, will see the difference in talent and district strength when Strasburg and Buckingham play. Just my opinion and if I'm wrong, I will come on here and post that I was wrong. Buckingham County isn't losing to Strasburg. I told you guys, there's only 1 team in that region that can stay on the field with Draft, if they play to their potential, and that is Buckingham County. Again, just an opinion. Could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

You guys in my opinion, will see the difference in talent and district strength when Strasburg and Buckingham play. Just my opinion and if I'm wrong, I will come on here and post that I was wrong. Buckingham County isn't losing to Strasburg. I told you guys, there's only 1 team in that region that can stay on the field with Draft, if they play to their potential, and that is Buckingham County. Again, just an opinion. Could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
We all no if you're born in Strasburg you can't play football

We all no if you're born in Strasburg you can't play football
And at zero point did anyone on this board ever infer that. Someone picks BC to beat Strasburg, and amazingly, that is somehow defined as "people born in Strasburg not being able to play football." This my friend, is what fallacy is. Forget about looking up the dictionary. No need to go further.

Well dammit I hope you're right! 😁

And at zero point did anyone on this board ever infer that. Someone picks BC to beat Strasburg, and amazingly, that is somehow defined as "people born in Strasburg not being able to play football." This my friend, is what fallacy is. Forget about looking up the dictionary. No need to go further.
Go back and read your first sentence and and you can see where I'm coming from, be careful what you write someone all those kids have family too.

What in the world is going on with the sports talk boards this year? The guy gives his opinion in that he believes there is a difference in the talent level and district strength. It’s an opinion, after about 2 hours Friday night we will know if he was right. If he isn’t, a plate of crow will be served.

On another note @charlie22650 I thought you were a Luray guy. Not that it matters and I am not meaning to sound like an a$$ either but who cares what that guy thinks? Everyone absolutely should believe they are contenders.

What in the world is going on with the sports talk boards this year? The guy gives his opinion in that he believes there is a difference in the talent level and district strength. It’s an opinion, after about 2 hours Friday night we will know if he was right. If he isn’t, a plate of crow will be served.

On another note @charlie22650 I thought you were a Luray guy. Not that it matters and I am not meaning to sound like an a$$ either but who cares what that guy thinks? Everyone absolutely should believe they are contenders.

Comical. Incredible how "sensitive" some are. We have a High School Message Board in which ONE of the functions are to share Facts, Thoughts, and Opinions. We now live in a world where if you give your opinion of Team A Beating Team B, and you give some supporting reasons why you feel that way, you have somehow "offended kids and families."

Based on the above.........I've given it some thought and here's what I have come up with. BC is a better football team than Strasburg and I think they beat Strasburg. If you are "offended" by that, then God help you. Are you offended if your team is ranked worse than another team? Is that "hurting" the kids. Maybe we should get rid of all polls. No need for them, lol.

RedPrideNation, in response to your question about what's going on with sports talk boards this year. The real question is....what's going on with the world we live in. This message board is simply a reflection, and you have an entire generation of adults out there that deep down, sadly but truly, they actually feel "hurt or harmed" by anything remotely challenging their ego. That's my answer to your question. You can be sure of this. If I would have picked Strasburg to win and would have given reasons why, you wouldn't have heard one word, not one peep out of this poster. Why? Because that wouldn't have challenged his fragile ego.

I am a Strasburg grad and Fan. I hope they can win Friday night. I think if they were at full strength they could atleast make it a game. Like I said earlier I do not think Buckingham will have any trouble at all. But again these are teenage kids and anything can happen on a given night. Maybe Strasburg will play inspired football for their injured teammates or maybe they will fold who knows. I know the knights have athletes and the only way the Rams can combat the athletic disadvantage is to control the clock. Good luck to both teams. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. We can disagree without being hateful. If Buckingham wins I will congratulate them on the victory and have nothing bad to say. Of course I am hoping for a Strasburg win but with the injuries I just do not see it

Comical. Incredible how "sensitive" some are. We have a High School Message Board in which ONE of the functions are to share Facts, Thoughts, and Opinions. We now live in a world where if you give your opinion of Team A Beating Team B, and you give some supporting reasons why you feel that way, you have somehow "offended kids and families."

Based on the above.........I've given it some thought and here's what I have come up with. BC is a better football team than Strasburg and I think they beat Strasburg. If you are "offended" by that, then God help you. Are you offended if your team is ranked worse than another team? Is that "hurting" the kids. Maybe we should get rid of all polls. No need for them, lol.

RedPrideNation, in response to your question about what's going on with sports talk boards this year. The real question is....what's going on with the world we live in. This message board is simply a reflection, and you have an entire generation of adults out there that deep down, sadly but truly, they actually feel "hurt or harmed" by anything remotely challenging their ego. That's my answer to your question. You can be sure of this. If I would have picked Strasburg to win and would have given reasons why, you wouldn't have heard one word, not one peep out of this poster. Why? Because that wouldn't have challenged his fragile

RedPrideNation, in response to your question about what's going on with sports talk boards this year. The real question is....what's going on with the world we live in. This message board is simply a reflection, and you have an entire generation of adults out there that deep down, sadly but truly, they actually feel "hurt or harmed" by anything remotely challenging their ego. That's my answer to your question. You can be sure of this. If I would have picked Strasburg to win and would have given reasons why, you wouldn't have heard one word, not one peep out of this poster. Why? Because that wouldn't have challenged his fragile ego.

I think the way you started the post was disrespectful to Strasburg as a team and the district as a whole, egos are a dime a dozen and I'm sure you have one.

I think the way you started the post was disrespectful to Strasburg as a team and the district as a whole, egos are a dime a dozen and I'm sure you have one.
As for BC, I certainly DO think they have trouble with Strasburg. I know the one Strasburg fan feels different. I think it's a battle. I just think BC wins. I've given reasons why. As for Draft, they are to good up front for the other 2A teams along I 81. Just to physical and it's apparent when they play over the recent years. BC has the size, speed, and athleticism to give them a punchers chance.

If the above is "disrespectful" to Strasburg, then so be it. By the way, no way to prove this, but if you could poll 100 fans that are very, very familiar with football in Region B, you know, and I know that most would agree with the above statement.

Charlie, you've been caught reaching. The victim cancel thing just hasn't worked out for you in this thread and your intent is obvious. Give up the ghost brother. Argue WHY Strasburg can or will win and your respect level trends way opposite from where it is now.

Reactions: BCKnights
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT