1. East Rockingham (10-0): 28.6
2. Central Woodstock (9-1): 25.1 or 25.3
3. Luray (7-3): 22.5
4. Clarke County (7-3): 21.7
5. Buffalo Gap (6-4): 21.5
6. Robert E. Lee (6-4): 21.0
7. Strasburg (7-3): 19.3
8. Wilson (5-5): 18.7

The discrepancy in Central points in Brentsville "beat" Mannassas Park this week, as they didnt field a team. That would be an extra 2 rider points if BV took a forfeit. Since it didnt matter, didn't even look into it

1st round matchups will include 3 rematches.

(8) Wilson at (1) East Rockingham

(5) Buffalo Gap at (4) Clarke County

(6) Robert E. Lee at (3) Luray

(7) Strasburg at (2) Central Woodstock

Reactions: LMcCray
Well that is a bummer! I was hoping to have a good game to go to here in this area next Friday, such as a Lee/BG re-match. I will pass on East Rock pummeling Wilson again so I guess I will stay in that night.

Semis:

East Rock vs Gap
Lee vs Central

Finals:
East Rock over Lee

Havent seen Central in person, Lee has been up and down this year and without a quality win so I gotta go with Central on that one.

The 1st Gap game was the worst Ive seen ER play this year. No life at all and QB Dillon Williams missed every open receiver except one for the entire game. Defense got pushed around. We will see if it was really just a bad night or if Gap happens to be a bad match up for the Rock.

I have seen central and lee both play Riverheads really wasn’t a comparison between the two team I didn’t think but that’s my opinion

Lee is peaking at the right time. If Lee defeats Luray, I like their chances to get to the regional final.

Here is my take, for what it is worth:

The region is East Rocks to lose. Central has the talent to win it but am afraid they are lacking the coaching to make the adjustments necessary to overcome ER.

My dark horse is Clarke. They have flown under the radar this season. They lost three games (two against MUCH larger schools which they lead at halftime). Any team that plays as hard as they do always has a chance.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Here is my take, for what it is worth:

The region is East Rocks to lose. Central has the talent to win it but am afraid they are lacking the coaching to make the adjustments necessary to overcome ER.

My dark horse is Clarke. They have flown under the radar this season. They lost three games (two against MUCH larger schools which they lead at halftime). Any team that plays as hard as they do always has a chance.
Clarke will definitely be a threat next year. 2018 is East Rock's year much like 2014 was Wilson Memorial's.

Reactions: Trevor_Cash
Only game central lost was to Riverheads then turned around and beat Strasburg pretty convincingly. I think they are big and strong and pretty quick not an easy out. Eastrock is a better team and my loyalty is to the Shenandoah but let’s not kid ourselves the second best team is central I just hope eastrock realizes they are going to have to play to beat them

I'd much rather face Luray than Clarke....

East Rock didn't get an easy path
This is true but I think ER is just better and shouldn’t have a problem getting to the finals.

Looking at 2019, the Bull Run is going to be a handful in just about every sport, boys and girls, moving forward. The district runner up in softball may just be the second best team in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT