7. Page County (3-3): 14.33
8. Madison County (1-4): 12.60
9. East Rockingham (0-3): 10.67

This coming week:
#1 Clarke County vs. #8 Madison County
#2 Stuarts Draft vs. 3A Staunton (2-3)
#3 Central is scheduled for #4 Luray
#5 Strasburg vs. 3A Manassas Park (0-5)
#6 Buckingham vs. 2A Randolph Henry (1-2)
#7 Page County vs. #9 East Rockingham

Reactions: oldfool2
1. Clarke County (5-0): 21.60
2. Stuarts Draft (3-1): 20.75
3. Central Woodstock (4-1): 19.60
4. Luray (4-1): 19.40
5. Strasburg (3-1): 19.25
6. Buckingham (2-1): 15.67
7. Page County (3-3): 14.33
8. Madison County (1-4): 12.60
9. East Rockingham (0-3): 10.67

This coming week:
#1 Clarke County vs. #8 Madison County
#2 Stuarts Draft vs. 3A Staunton (2-3)
#3 Central is scheduled for #4 Luray
#5 Strasburg vs. 3A Manassas Park (0-5)
#6 Buckingham vs. 2A Randolph Henry (1-2)
#7 Page County vs. #9 East Rockingham
Who beat Luray, I thought their game was canceled

Thanks I did not no that, what a messed up year
I agree. It absolutely has been horrible for SD. Played 1+ quarter vs. William Monroe (still have no idea if/when it will be made up), then blow out Waynesboro, then a BYE, then a loss to Riverheads, and now to consecutive wins without a snap.

And I can tell you that they tried BIG time to avoid having a forfeit vs Luray and to be able to play a game.

Reactions: BGfootball95
I agree. It absolutely has been horrible for SD. Played 1+ quarter vs. William Monroe (still have no idea if/when it will be made up), then blow out Waynesboro, then a BYE, then a loss to Riverheads, and now to consecutive wins without a snap.

And I can tell you that they tried BIG time to avoid having a forfeit vs Luray and to be able to play a game.
Should of been a good test for Luray, they have a very young team.

VHSL only shows Luray game was cancelled. Are you sure that is a forfeit? Crazy season here, but other cancelled games have not been forfeits.

VHSL only shows Luray game was cancelled. Are you sure that is a forfeit? Crazy season here, but other cancelled games have not been forfeits.
Both teams have to agree to a forfeit if because of Covid. No one has to forfeit. I find it hard to believe undefeated Luray decided to forfeit. Think next week standings released will clear it all up.

Both teams have to agree to a forfeit if because of Covid. No one has to forfeit. I find it hard to believe undefeated Luray decided to forfeit. Think next week standings released will clear it all up.
I'm with you on that, agreeing to a forfeit is like suicide when your undefeated.

Ok fellas. I am making it up???

I have DIRECT knowledge of these things. I guess I will just keep them for the ones that need them???

All I'll say on the matter is Luray's record on the Bull Run District website is 4-0 and those are updated by the school's AD. Shows no losses so far.

Ok guys you can win.

Up until the Spring season it seemed that over the 10+ years I have put points on here that people appreciated it. But since I have had people complain, question, etc. every week, including the same thing back to back. And this from people who say they don't understand the points.

Now, I guess it is possible I am wrong, but my information on this comes directly from the top.

Now, I didn't even ask the reason why it was, but I know exactly what I was told, by who I was told, and I also know quite a few of the teams that were tried to be scheduled. But since I apparently don't have good information (even when proven correct later), I have no need to post that either. People would rather argue, or even listen to others from different areas than some with direct sources.

So yall enjoy it. I don't see the reason why I should continue to do it when there is no appreciation but in fact the exact opposite.

There’s the Gunz I remember!!!
I don't know what this is supposed to mean, but I have always enjoyed reading your posts. And I probably shouldn't reply anymore, but..

Just answer me one question honestly, since I respect your opinion. If I were to come on here and tell you something specifically about Page County (won't even say CC), yet you heard something different from your AD, who would you be more apt to believe?

And I even said that I could have the wrong information, and if so, I have always admitted I messed up.

But again I have to ask, what do I get out of putting something incorrect on here? It's not like my ratings are official, and it's about half way through the season anyway.

But this isn't just about this one week. This questioning has happened every week since the Spring. And there was someone who in the Spring questioned how something was how it was (didn't understand), so I answered that question. No lie, the next week, and maybe the week after too, questioned the exact same thing. Sure I would like to be correct, just so that it is accurate. And I figure as long as I am already doing them for others I would post on here so that people are informed. But if folks would rather me not put it out for them anymore, then I am good with that

Have a good evening guys (and gals if any).

All I’m saying is this is a message board and you let people’s posts get to you too damn much. If they don’t think you’re right, what does it matter. Maybe you are, maybe you aren’t. In the end, it won’t matter down the road so stop letting a message board get you worked up. Hell, I don’t know if I always believe what my AD says.......he (and the one who just left) have been wrong before so......

Reactions: TS69
All I’m saying is this is a message board and you let people’s posts get to you too damn much. If they don’t think you’re right, what does it matter. Maybe you are, maybe you aren’t. In the end, it won’t matter down the road so stop letting a message board get you worked up. Hell, I don’t know if I always believe what my AD says.......he (and the one who just left) have been wrong before so......
I know you are right, and like I said I am certainly capable of being wrong. I guess we shall see what the future holds

Have a good one

Luray's rschool page shows the Stuarts Draft game as being canceled and its upcoming game against Woodstock being postponed. I'm assuming they are on a 2-week covid pause

I'm guessing Draft called Clarke County and got a 'No'. You're not going to schedule Manassas Park out of district and then go and play Draft. They turned down a chance to play Handley as well.

Reactions: TS69
I'm guessing Draft called Clarke County and got a 'No'. You're not going to schedule Manassas Park out of district and then go and play Draft. They turned down a chance to play Handley as well.

How did they turn Handley down? Handley still has a full schedule but just had an actual bye week. Ya can't play 11 games!! Don't think a school playing any previously scheduled non district game can be misconstrued with what is going on with postponements during this totally messed up fall. Some of the stuff on here is just comical on the daily. Why I don't waste too much time looking around here. Just like any speculation of forfeits if not posted or verified. I'm not sure the VHSL has made it "crystal" clear on what constitutes a forfeit or a no contest. I think some schools are holding out hope to squeeze a game in here and there that may be currently postponed. However, if Gunz has insight on a forfeit, I believe it until we see something otherwise. Don't think he is the kinda guy who is going to just post something on a whim.

Some sensitive weaponry on this thread. Jeeze. Not like anyone took issue with the clock operation. Clock has to work for it to be mis-managed.

Dang, I didn't realize I am this powerful. I can control electricity.

But since you want to bring it up, the clock was correct the whole time, it's the scoreboard that was malfunctioning.

P.S. this is ONLY for the guy who goes on boards to cause trouble, like wanting to talk bad about a KID from Tazewell. It wasn't enough for YOU (as a fan) to beat that team by 40, you had to go diminish any accomplishment they had. So you have at it man.

Alright Gunzy. Thanks for doubling down on the sensitivity. Helps make my point for me. You are superior being. We all just live in the light of your awe. I feel honored to have your attention.

Tazewell was a run team with a senior running back named Harris last year and now is non-stop throwing team this year with a junior receiver named Harris all with a Head Coach named Harris. My aim was not the kid. As I said down South, wish the best for the kid. It's special everyone was so excited he had the ball thrown at him so many times, which is a mystery why, and it produced 8 yards a catch and a 40 point loss.

Also, when Wilson beats y'all I don't want to see any excuses on here. Y'all will still win the region. Hey, if you don't make it back to Salem it will be a huge disappointment.

How did they turn Handley down? Handley still has a full schedule but just had an actual bye week. Ya can't play 11 games!! Don't think a school playing any previously scheduled non district game can be misconstrued with what is going on with postponements during this totally messed up fall. Some of the stuff on here is just comical on the daily. Why I don't waste too much time looking around here. Just like any speculation of forfeits if not posted or verified. I'm not sure the VHSL has made it "crystal" clear on what constitutes a forfeit or a no contest. I think some schools are holding out hope to squeeze a game in here and there that may be currently postponed. However, if Gunz has insight on a forfeit, I believe it until we see something otherwise. Don't think he is the kinda guy who is going to just post something on a whim.
Mr. Moe steered me down the wrong path
“Clarke has a lot to gain and a loss to an undefeated Handley would not hurt them as bad. I hope they play, Coach said he would know something early in the week”
“Clarke has a lot to gain and a loss to an undefeated Handley would not hurt them as bad. I hope they play, Coach said he would know something early in the week”

What about Draft/Clarke?

Alright Gunzy. Thanks for doubling down on the sensitivity. Helps make my point for me. You are superior being. We all just live in the light of your awe. I feel honored to have your attention.

Tazewell was a run team with a senior running back named Harris last year and now is non-stop throwing team this year with a junior receiver named Harris all with a Head Coach named Harris. My aim was not the kid. As I said down South, wish the best for the kid. It's special everyone was so excited he had the ball thrown at him so many times, which is a mystery why, and it produced 8 yards a catch and a 40 point loss.

Also, when Wilson beats y'all I don't want to see any excuses on here. Y'all will still win the region. Hey, if you don't make it back to Salem it will be a huge disappointment.

Haha. This has never been about me being superior, as I certainly don't think I am.

I just don't have the patience for folks who only want to get on any board and stir up trouble. And that is what you were trying to do onnboth sites. You even had other RH folks saying you were wrong for doing it.

As for Wilson... and excuses, show me where I had one for SDs last 2 losses? I'll wait. Now, if you want to say I had "excuses" for the RH game last year, then by all means have at it. But I not only stated facts, but gave EXACT times for what happened. That isn't an excuse, but actual happenings.

Last thing I will say (since you have now somewhat insulted all the Region B teams in 2a), is that you can go back and look and try and find anywhere I have disparaged RH on anyone they play.

And again, I don't know how many times I have said in this thread that I could end up being incorrect, but I will trust the information I got over someone on a message board, and that is in no way a slight to ANYONE on here.

So have a good one. Congratulations on having a great team to cheer for. Peace out home slice

The old 'look how guilty you are by how innocent I am' approach. We are lucky you are here to keep us all straight Gunzerella. Once again, truly superior. I hope the entire Draft community appreciates you as much as you deserve. They should at least give you a clock that works.

Tazewell had an offensive line that averaged 270+ & were mostly 4 year starters to go along with senior quarterback last year that struggled to throw accurate balls more than 5 yards downfield but was one of the best athletes on the team with the ball in his hands. Wonder why they were a run heavy team?

this season they have a small inexperienced line & the only player that has started at runningback before tears his ACL in the preseason. They have a freshman quarterback that is smart and has a very strong arm. They have 4 or 5 guys that can catch. If you can’t run the ball you can turn to the west coast offense where the 5 yard slants and curls act as your run game.

tazewells offense has more to do with the personnel of the team than anyone’s last name. And in the offense they’re running the quarterback is to take the open read no matter who it is. That’s why Mullins is averaging 8 catches per game & a freshman receiver Logan McDonald had 100+ yards and 3 touchdowns in last Friday’s game.

And treating 5 yard slants and curls as the run game is why I am not impressed with 20 receptions in a game when it only is producing short yardage, and no points in the first 3 quarters of the football game. I wouldn't be impressed with 20 carries with that yardage when a team is getting their brains beat in either. Again, if the large number of receptions added up to big yardage and points, I'd be more apt to sing it's praises but when the opposing team in the same game has a player with half as many touches and a bunch more yards and a heck of a lot more scoring, call me old fashioned, but I tend to highlight in that direction.

Mr. Moe steered me down the wrong path

What about Draft/Clarke?
Obviously Moe was incorrect but made the comment he would like to see the game. I don't think the part of the Clarke coach knowing something early in the week had anything to do with Clarke/Handley playing whatsoever. I think someone on here from Clarke saw Handley having a bye week and assumed the game could be played. As for Clarke/Draft, I cannot answer any of that other than King William and Draft were supposed to play as of late last Wednesday (I think) and at some point that game was bagged for whatever reason. I believe it was transportation and/or Saturday activities. Other than all that, I have no idea nor will I speculate. Rest assured, I'm done talking about it at this point.

And treating 5 yard slants and curls as the run game is why I am not impressed with 20 receptions in a game when it only is producing short yardage, and no points in the first 3 quarters of the football game. I wouldn't be impressed with 20 carries with that yardage when a team is getting their brains beat in either. Again, if the large number of receptions added up to big yardage and points, I'd be more apt to sing it's praises but when the opposing team in the same game has a player with half as many touches and a bunch more yards and a heck of a lot more scoring, call me old fashioned, but I tend to highlight in that direction.
Clearly Riverheads was the better team. How would Cassius Harris do if he was in Riverheads’ backfield?

Obviously Moe was incorrect but made the comment he would like to see the game. I don't think the part of the Clarke coach knowing something early in the week had anything to do with Clarke/Handley playing whatsoever. I think someone on here from Clarke saw Handley having a bye week and assumed the game could be played. As for Clarke/Draft, I cannot answer any of that other than King William and Draft were supposed to play as of late last Wednesday (I think) and at some point that game was bagged for whatever reason. I believe it was transportation and/or Saturday activities. Other than all that, I have no idea nor will I speculate. Rest assured, I'm done talking about it at this point.
Yeah, it was me that didn't know that Handley actually had a bye week. Agree it wouldn't have made sense to schedule a game on their part. The forfeit gave Clarke a W, so I have no beef. Nice to have another week of rest. We play Madison County this Friday for homecoming night.

Just read an article from a local reporter indicating that Gunz is in fact correct about the forfeiture on both the Luray and James River games with Draft. The reporter confirmed this with the Draft AD so sounds like the horse is certainly dead at this point. BTW, even when I don’t agree with Gunz, I know he is in the know at Draft with information that may not be widely known by the public. Trust when he says something that likely came from inside, he is squirreled in pretty dang tight there.

As for the clock stuff, I have to say I enjoyed the blinking light show that was put on by the barely functioning scoreboard when Riverheads played them. Gotta think that’s high on the list of maintenance items that were taken care of since they last played. The actual clock operator issue a few years back is a footnote so not sure why anyone keeps bringing it up other than to pull his chain from time to time.

Just read an article from a local reporter indicating that Gunz is in fact correct about the forfeiture on both the Luray and James River games with Draft. The reporter confirmed this with the Draft AD so sounds like the horse is certainly dead at this point. BTW, even when I don’t agree with Gunz, I know he is in the know at Draft with information that may not be widely known by the public. Trust when he says something that likely came from inside, he is squirreled in pretty dang tight there.

As for the clock stuff, I have to say I enjoyed the blinking light show that was put on by the barely functioning scoreboard when Riverheads played them. Gotta think that’s high on the list of maintenance items that were taken care of since they last played. The actual clock operator issue a few years back is a footnote so not sure why anyone keeps bringing it up other than to pull his chain from time to time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT