ADVERTISEMENT

Region B Semi Finals

BullRun66

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 25, 2021
Strasburg at Central- After the matchup 2 weeks ago. Central should roll. Centrals strength up front and Forbes running like a freight train is all they need.

Clarke at Riverheads- Clarke is finally healthy could they pull the upset and stop CCC. I think Riverheads wins by 7.

Then the season comes full circle back to game 1 with Riverheads at Central for the Region Championship.

Central 28 Strasburg 20
Think it'll be a good game. Strasburg looked good against Fort and rivalry games are always unpredictable.

Riverheads 35 Clarke 14
Think Big Red Machine rolls in this one.

Reactions: TS69
I could see those results happening. My big question did Forbes get into Strasburg's defenses head. Strasburg did not tackle well or finish drives. If those 2 things happened in the first meeting would have been closer. 2 long touchdown runs by Central did the Rams in.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Man 2B is loaded with good teams. Two legit title contenders and tough teams all around. I think all regions aside from 2C have two teams capable of winning their region and making a run (Poquoson, KW, Riverheads, CW, Graham and Union).

Hell I’d include 2C in that too, Radford for sure and Appo could always make a run.

I am thinking that this could well be the best two semi-finals games in quite a few years in Region B.

I think Central has all the pieces to get back to and win in Salem. The rub is that they will have to face several very good teams from here on out to get there. I have rewatched the Central/Strasburg game and there were times that it looked to be an even matchup then at times it looked like Strasburg was trying to figure out who they were and made mistake after mistake. That all said I would think Central is the more complete team and will win this one by a score, maybe two if Strasburg is unable to limit mistakes.

This Riverheads/Clarke County matchup is interesting. Having seen a few of Clarkes games and the fact that unlike in years past they have multiple backs that can tote the rock, this could be a long evening for the eventual winner. Both are stubbornly committed to their brand of football which has served them well. I feel that Clarke has some speed and size at back that the Gladiators havent faced this season. Riverheads will present a larger line and multiple backs not unlike a team Clarke plays every year in Central. As a homer I will go with Riverheads winning this one pulling away in the second half by two scores, somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-21 or some such score.

On a side note, I am anxious to see the two more primary backs for Clarke in #6 (great size and good speed) and #2 (speed and throws that ball well on the run in addition to his runs). In the games I have watched #6 was the engine that drives their car with #2 being a good change of pace back.

Comparing scores, which I know is a dangerous practice, I like Riverheads' chances in this one. We lost at Central by just one whereas they lost at home by two touchdowns. We destroyed Madison last week whereas they just "regular" beat them. I think I know what the key to the win will be, but of course I will keep it to myself.

Comparing scores, which I know is a dangerous practice, I like Riverheads' chances in this one. We lost at Central by just one whereas they lost at home by two touchdowns. We destroyed Madison last week whereas they just "regular" beat them. I think I know what the key to the win will be, but of course I will keep it to myself.
I'll say the key...scoring the most points and having a better band!😊

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Correct me if I’m wrong. Think Yew and CW are 7-0 in the playoffs when facing a team for a second time in his tenure. Strasburg(4) Luray (2) Madison(1). Think they make it 8-0. There’s just more work put in for the staff of CW and it shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: BullRun66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT