ADVERTISEMENT

Region C

Galax/GW in the regional championship. I think Galax has to make up some ground but has enough to beat Grayson. GW should beat Fort but the Pioneers that showed up this past Friday looked the part. Guaranteed a G team will advance…….

Grayson dominated Galax at the point of contact. Unless Galax can somehow even that out, Grayson will win again.

GW will beat FC as they did in the regular season. FC is on the rise with competent coaching for the first time in several years but they still have a ways to go.

GW will beat Grayson in the regional final in similar fashion to a year ago.

The second meeting between two teams usually goes in favor of the winner of the first meeting in a bit more dominant fashion. I see that playing out through Region C.

@sixcat I disagree about the second game usually going to the winner of the first. No data to support it but it has been my experience that if the losing team has a solid coaching staff the second game is more of a toss up. Galax has a competent coaching staff so unless they are completely overmatched physically, schematically I would say they will be in really good shape with a punchers chance at worst.

Of all the MED games over the past several years, the playoff rematch has gone to the regular season winner every time with the exception of Galax/Grayson last season.

As for the Galax coaching staff, the head coach is the only one that’s been at his current post more than a couple of years. It’s not a “staff” as much as it is warm bodies filling holes left by longtime assistants.

Anyway, we’ll see how the games play out. Barring injury, above is how I see it playing out.

As for Galax it will depend on which team shows up, if they play up to their capabilities it will be a good game and they might pull off the win but it the same team shows up that played Grayson the last time they'll get beat again and probably worse this go around. Hopefully both teams show up and we get a good game and the better team win.

Reactions: Optimal62
Grayson dominated Galax at the point of contact. Unless Galax can somehow even that out, Grayson will win again.

GW will beat FC as they did in the regular season. FC is on the rise with competent coaching for the first time in several years but they still have a ways to go.

GW will beat Grayson in the regional final in similar fashion to a year ago.

The second meeting between two teams usually goes in favor of the winner of the first meeting in a bit more dominant fashion. I see that playing out through Region C.
You are 100% correct about FC having a good HC. I live in the FC area in know Blaster lives in FC? Yes sadly I do haha but I run into him a good bit and he knows his stuff. And I'll say GW better not sleep on FC just cause we've beat them this year. He will have a very solid and smart game plan for us.

Reactions: sixcat
You are 100% correct about FC having a good HC. I live in the FC area in know Blaster lives in FC? Yes sadly I do haha but I run into him a good bit and he knows his stuff. And I'll say GW better not sleep on FC just cause we've beat them this year. He will have a very solid and smart game plan for us.
Those kids don't have any quit in them at FC. They are big, physical, tough and come after it for 4 quarters. I've said for years on the other board, the right coach can win a lot of games at FC playing in Class 1.

Those kids don't have any quit in them at FC. They are big, physical, tough and come after it for 4 quarters. I've said for years on the other board, the right coach can win a lot of games at FC playing in Class 1.
I completely agree man those kids come to play and I think they've got that type of coach.

Reactions: sixcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT