Region D #1 Salem vs. #5 GW-Danville

Who Wins?

• Salem

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • GW-Danville

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was born and raised in Danville and my dad, who graduated from GW, has been taking me to GW games since I was 4 (1998 season). I attended Danville Public Schools from Kindergarten thru 8th grade so I knew mostly all of the players Class of 2008 to Class of 2016 on a personal level. Danville is a pretty rough place to be right now. It’s nothing like it was when I was growing up there. Though I have no intentions of working there (for A LOT of reasons), that hasn’t stopped me from advocating and supporting my hometown student athletes. My organization is to give back to the communities of Halifax, Danville/Pittsylvania County, Martinsville/Henry County and Patrick County. Those kids don’t know it, but they’ve made me a better man.

That's great man. Your heart is certainly in the right place and no matter who has disagreed with any of what you have said I don't think anyone could argue that. You're aces in my book

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
That's great man. Your heart is certainly in the right place and no matter who has disagreed with any of what you have said I don't think anyone could argue that. You're aces in my book
Appreciate you bro!

Do you follow Tunstall in any sports I haven’t
Seen any posts on them from you
Tunstall is a very private program. They don’t bring in many outsiders to work/Coach there. It’s either you graduated from there or you’re very close with someone in the community if you’re an outsider. As far as covering them, when Coach David Potts was the head coach he invited me to their practices (I covered them a lot last year) but I don’t have that relationship with their new coach. I’m hopeful they will be very good in basketball this year as I’ll be covering them this year.

Last edited:
Has GW Danville played against any team that runs the I formation?
Not sure but even if they have but they haven’t faced an offensive line the caliber of Salem’s either. Other than maybe E.C. Glass.

Last edited:
Not sure but even if they have, they haven’t faced an offensive line the caliber of Salem’s. Other than maybe E.C. Glass.
Dinwiddie’s offensive and defensive lines were elite. Glass is probably the best we’ve played, Dinwiddie a close second and then Magna Vista.

Reactions: VolNation85
I find it interesting that Salem has been running the same basic offense for 34 years. Back in the 80s many teams ran the I. Now Salem is one of the few teams around that doesn't run some form of the spread. Now Salem has a unique offense that teams don't see much of.

Reactions: VolNation85
Been watching a little video tape. GW will attack Salem at the corners. When GW gets in their three receivers on one side set and throws their quick screens, we will see if Salems corner play has improved. Salem has athletes in the secondary, but they haven't always played tough football. They will have to simultaneously come up fast, tackle well, and not get beat deep. A real challenge for the all underclassmen secondary. Salem will also have to stop the QB run and the flip pass to the back. Salem has improved. Tonight we will see just how much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT