Region D #2 E.C. Glass vs. #7 Jefferson Forest

Who Wins?

• Glass

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Jefferson Forest

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a gut feeling this game will be much closer than people would think, maybe even a possible upset. JF has switched to the wishbone and seems to be much more comfortable in it. This offense is a clock killer, thus taking the ball out of EC Glass's uber talented QB.

I have a gut feeling this game will be much closer than people would think, maybe even a possible upset. JF has switched to the wishbone and seems to be much more comfortable in it. This offense is a clock killer, thus taking the ball out of EC Glass's uber talented QB.

I agree. I think Glass will ultimately get the win, but this should be a close, hard-fought contest. Not your typical 2-7 matchup, so many of which end up as cakewalks for the higher seed. If Glass does romp in this one, then the rest of Region D can just about hang it up now.

I agree. I think Glass will ultimately get the win, but this should be a close, hard-fought contest. Not your typical 2-7 matchup, so many of which end up as cakewalks for the higher seed. If Glass does romp in this one, then the rest of Region D can just about hang it up now.

They beat JF by 38, why would a repeat of this be indicative of the rest of 4D automatically losing to Glass?

They beat JF by 38, why would a repeat of this be indicative of the rest of 4D automatically losing to Glass?

As noted above, JF has returned to their wishbone offense, and seems to be playing much better than they were when the teams first met. As of today, I think Salem is probably the only other team in the region with a realistic shot at beating Glass. If Glass easily gets by a renewed JF, which features one of the better backs in Class 4 in Cupit, that probably wouldn’t bode well for a Salem team whose starting tailback’s health status again appears to be in doubt. And of course, I didn’t literally say that every other team in the region would automatically lose to Glass. But a big victory for the Hilltoppers this week would, in my mind, stamp them as a pretty strong favorite to win the region. Hence the “can just about hang it up now” comment, which, while not tongue-in-cheek, was a bit flippant.

We all know “any given Friday” and all that. But do you honestly see the Pulaski-Blacksburg winner giving Glass a serious scare? Blacksburg doesn’t have the defense, and Pulaski has very little in the way of offense against the stronger teams. That would leave the team from the other side of the draw, which should be Salem. However, given Salem’s injury situation and the Spartans’ year-long tendency to waste scoring opportunities, a victory over a Glass team in the final would be a pretty tall order. Especially if that Glass team has steamrolled its first two playoff opponents. Not that Salem couldn’t do it, mind you.

Reactions: RKE Fan
JF did play some wishbone in the second half against Glass in the first matchup to no avail. The Glass defense is very familiar with JF's wishbone offense seeing that most of these kids have faced it 4 times since 2016, 2 times last year with basically the same result. Glass D will get stops.

The biggest factor will be if JF can tackle and play fundamentally sound defense. If not, Glass will score every/almost every possession.

JF did play some wishbone in the second half against Glass in the first matchup to no avail. The Glass defense is very familiar with JF's wishbone offense seeing that most of these kids have faced it 4 times since 2016, 2 times last year with basically the same result. Glass D will get stops.

The biggest factor will be if JF can tackle and play fundamentally sound defense. If not, Glass will score every/almost every possession.

JF didn't play any wishbone against Glass this year. They played the second half against Heritage in WB. (they should have been all year...)

I see this game as much more competitive since they actually have a working offense now but Glass has had their number for the last couple years. JF needs to make stops or the game will get out of hand quickly.

JF didn't play any wishbone against Glass this year. They played the second half against Heritage in WB. (they should have been all year...)

I see this game as much more competitive since they actually have a working offense now but Glass has had their number for the last couple years. JF needs to make stops or the game will get out of hand quickly.

I was at the game. They came out in the wishbone at the beginning of the second half. It should be more competitive since Heritage and Brookville gave them the blueprint to limit the Glass offense. We'll see if they can execute.

I was at the game. They came out in the wishbone at the beginning of the second half. It should be more competitive since Heritage and Brookville gave them the blueprint to limit the Glass offense. We'll see if they can execute.
Who is the other running back for JF besides Cupit that is featured in the wishbone run attack?

I assure you, JF did not run a single play from the WB against Glass.

They did play wishbone against Glass earlier this year. In fact, on JF's third offensive series they ran wishbone 7 consecutive plays for a total of 19 yards before punting. Then they never went back to it.

Reactions: VAn8tive
I assure you, JF did not run a single play from the WB against Glass.
They did play wishbone against Glass earlier this year. In fact, on JF's third offensive series they ran wishbone 7 consecutive plays for a total of 19 yards before punting. Then they never went back to it

Will there be a live stream of this game? If not, what about a radio broadcast?

I expect a closer game just based on the fact that the JF kids will believe they can win now that Heritage has beat them and Brookville has played them close. It is also going to be very cold tonight and that should play to JF's favor and their style of football and could possibly slow Glass down some.. Coach Woody will have those boys ready to play so if JF doesn't play a flawless game on defense they probably wont get the upset. 34-21 Glass ..

It should be a good game tonight. I wonder if JF will go back to the pass and throw to Braxton all night. He scored all 3 touchdowns in the matchup last time.
That kid is really good. Doubt they will get away from pounding the ball out of the wishbone unless they are in major catch-up mode, but they would be crazy not to take a few deep shots to him throughout the night

Reactions: lyhsports
I'd like to see Glass sustain drives and get rid of the false start penalties tonight. And get some Red zone TD's.
I look for Kendrick to snap into playoff mode and start looking like a man playing among boys like he did majority of the year and that will wear on JFs defensive and eventually allow Glass to pull away ....

Reactions: lyhsports
I look for Kendrick to snap into playoff mode and start looking like a man playing among boys like he did majority of the year and that will wear on JFs defensive and eventually allow Glass to pull away ....

Ty Foster has been a consistent force in the past few games as well. Both are healthy for the playoffs this time around.

I think everyone contributing to this thread will be at tonights game. Reckon ill have to drag myself over to the stadium and see if JF can pull an upset.

Jf needs to control the clock and hit timely shots to the big WR, defensively the blue print is there stop the big play and tackle and you’ll win.

glass needs to open it up some stop the Kendrick left right and middle and allow the other players to make the game easier for him. If they can get a solid run and some quick game passes to mix into the deeper routes they’ll really be a force to Eliminate in region d. Defensively they can’t get beat over top the front is good but the backend has to perform a level above their best outing this far

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT